• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

recovery defunct (use Kouma's)

@joemossjr: rename system.img to system.img.ext4 and retar and flash it

@NiFidelity: nothing can fix cwm at the system level, but ik that if u had a bootable system, you could make a backup and name it using rom manager. That's all the recovery is good for, right now

After someone can get you the stock tar, your phone will be fine, the only reason this is prolly taking so long is because me an joesmossjr are pretty much busy with school. We try and help out whenever possible though :)

well not really...
maybe tonight, if not it may be a week or two before i can work on it again :(
lets hope we get lucky tonight!

well not really...
maybe tonight, if not it may be a week or two before i can work on it again :(
lets hope we get lucky tonight!

I really hope we get lucky. After coming from a custom ROM on my old phone to stock on this one, I am going crazy. Can't wait to see CM10 on this. Even if it is buggy at first.

i already have a test cm10.2 (android 4.3) zip ready to flash on this phone, but you cant see in recovery to flash it :P
joemossjr has to build things now because im out of a build machine :( and he's not on irc so it may not be tonight

EDIT: or I can just fail at reading...lol...ingore the first question

so what you just need to compile the source? that sounds easy enough. If its a matter of compiling I could look up how to do it and give it a try and attempt to flash it to my device. what about odin? would I be able to odin to the CM10.2 you have built, but only use the stock recovery?

yeah just compiling source.
the required files are in the OP

i added a graphics.c file that may fix blue screen issue (if not, we get a black screen issue lol)
if you can compile, that'd be great

all i am gettign is a black screen ... no omre blue.. although for some reason now my phone isnt rebooting into the OS like it did the first few times of rebooting it. had to flash the blue screen recovery to reboot it...lol.

WEll, this is interesting. I went to flash the stock recovery. Only the recovery and it gives a static blue screen as well. I think I am going to replace the recovery image in the back to stock odin flasher and odin (heimdall on mac) install them together and see if it fixes the issue

Holy mother of hell i have it....the graphics are messed up but i have words on my screen!!!! I was able to use cwm to reboot about to flash my new build and see if it fixed my screen that had issues displaying properly, but I had cwm functionally visible on my screen... once it works ill post a working tar

I took the stock recovery image and ran it through Recovery Builder ...I used it to make a backup and it worked...I don't have anything to flash though. Maybe whoever it is that has the CM10.2 for it can post a zip to flash. Still no luck on making it not pink though...its a bit frustrating. I may have uploaded the wrong one though. I am retesting now...I got lost in some 40+ recoveries all on my desktop lol

Back
Top Bottom