• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [RECOVERY] Philz Touch (ALPHA) some bugs...

Full format with Philz
/data /cache /system /sd-ext /sdcard/.android (all gone)
Flashing stockZV4 rooted (as my control test rom)

Restore CWM backup with Philz, results in FULL WORKING ROM!
Whats the diff?
I cant install the Fully functional rom from scratch with Phillz, but i can restore one with Phillz and the radio works?

Restore CWM backup with Philz, results in FULL WORKING ROM!
Whats the diff?
I cant install the Fully functional rom from scratch with Phillz, but i can restore one with Phillz and the radio works?
I believe the difference is that when you're restoring, it's simply copying things over. When installing, it's having to do some setup and configuration tasks, which would be where it's going wrong.

OK, so this created a clockwork mod folder on the internal SD with a file called philz.sav in it. I cannot delete either file, even with a root terminal. I can't even change permissions. Any ideas how to get rid of it?

OK, so this created a clockwork mod folder on the internal SD with a file called philz.sav in it. I cannot delete either file, even with a root terminal. I can't even change permissions. Any ideas how to get rid of it?
I bought an app called "root explorer" a looooong time ago. Its been getting me out of jams forever. I killed it with that after you claimed it was invincible... doesnt mean its not a zombie file. It could resurrect..buahhahhahaha...lets hope not.

I bought an app called "root explorer" a looooong time ago. Its been getting me out of jams forever. I killed it with that after you claimed it was invincible... doesnt mean its not a zombie file. It could resurrect..buahhahhahaha...lets hope not.
O.o Yeah, I've got Root Explorer... Can't delete it.

I was double posting because my mouse had a bad left clicker and it would click random # times when I clicked.
I also double posted because the forum wouldn't auto update after I clicked "post" so i thought It didn't click. Then It would show a duplicate of the post...
I loved that mouse, but now its retired.
Edit: Seems to auto update instantly now.

Have you tried booting it into safe mode and try to delete it? Could be that it's in use somehow.
Nope... Still can't delete :/

Attachments

• 1417374805948.jpg
    1417374805948.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 120
Oh, and the force flag (-f) does not work either.

I appreciate everyone's input on this. It's not a huge issue as it's only taking up about 300k, it's just very annoying that I can't get rid of it. o_O

What if I make a backup, delete it from the backup, then format the phone and restore the backup? Obviously I would have to disable the MD5 check...

Try to delete the contents of the folder, then reboot and delete folder. Worked for me when i had a stubborn delete issue

Finally had to wipe my storage to get rid of that folder. Even tried reinstalling Philz thinking maybe it was stuck and orphaned or something.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom