• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
As a current EVO owner (still within the 30 day return period of course) this phone has really captured my attention.

1. The EVO build quality issues are real and my device has them all.

2. The 4G is leaving me a bit underwhelmed.

3. I've been with Sprint for 3 years and service at my house has never been great. On my way home today I had to take a VERY important call, it was dropped with signal lost twice.

Had the EVO not had the build issues I would not have thought twice about sticking with it. Now that this phone is imminent and built by someone other than HTC I am very interested. Not to mention being on Verizon, I think we have a winning combination here.

Upvote 0
Glad I never could get the Incredible. I have changed my order to the Droid X. I currently have the Hero. It's a piece of crap. I wont miss HTC at all..........Can't wait till July 19th!

I liked the Eris but it was underpowered so I jumped on the Incredible as soon as it was available.

I had the Incredible for 29 days and went back to my Droid. Nuff said. :D

Looking forward to playing with the Droid X.

Upvote 0
As a current EVO owner (still within the 30 day return period of course) this phone has really captured my attention.

1. The EVO build quality issues are real and my device has them all.

2. The 4G is leaving me a bit underwhelmed.

3. I've been with Sprint for 3 years and service at my house has never been great. On my way home today I had to take a VERY important call, it was dropped with signal lost twice.

Had the EVO not had the build issues I would not have thought twice about sticking with it. Now that this phone is imminent and built by someone other than HTC I am very interested. Not to mention being on Verizon, I think we have a winning combination here.

I 100% agree with everything you just said, I'm in about the exact same boat. 4G is VERY underwhelming!!! I'm averaging 2.4MB down and about .46MB up HORRIBLE!!! I'm in Chicago also which is supposed to be a huge 4G market...JOKE. I cannot wait to get my hands on the MOTO which I'm sure will be much better build quality not to mention its on a better network. I will no matter what be pre-ordering this bad boy as soon as I can...

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I can prove this phone is coming out soon. Not in august like most people say. I talked to a Verizon rep and he told me not to get the HTC incredible and wait for this phone. It will be out July sometime. He did not tell me what the date will be, but told me it will be out before July 24th when my upgrad will come out.

Most people are saying July 19th but we will know for sure tomorrow.

Upvote 0
I can prove this phone is coming out soon. Not in august like most people say. I talked to a Verizon rep and he told me not to get the HTC incredible and wait for this phone. It will be out July sometime. He did not tell me what the date will be, but told me it will be out before July 24th when my upgrad will come out.

You cant prove anything. Just because some VZW rep told you something doesnt mean its true and most people have been saying July anyway. the droid 2 is coming in august

Upvote 0
I just saw an article online about verizon stores closing early this sunday. It wouldn't surprise me if they release it early considering the iphone momentum will probably only grow. Would make sense for them get it out while there's a shortage of iphones.

Didn't apple move the ship date to tomorrow for the iphone? I'm sure part of their decision was to steal the thunder from verizon's droid x announcement.

Upvote 0
I just saw an article online about verizon stores closing early this sunday. It wouldn't surprise me if they release it early considering the iphone momentum will probably only grow. Would make sense for them get it out while there's a shortage of iphones.

Didn't apple move the ship date to tomorrow for the iphone? I'm sure part of their decision was to steal the thunder from verizon's droid x announcement.

Are you talking about the article on BGR? They updated it to say it was only select stores.

A bunch of people are already receiving their iPhone 4 shipments today from what gizmodo is saying.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones