• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Remote Web Desktop

install google gears in the market and then attempt install. this program is just not optimized for honeycomb at present. google gears should allow you to install... giver it a shot...

jroth21

The app I'm talking Remote Web Desktop is a WEB server that serves up your Android device's desktop to a remote web browser. You can use your computers web browser to access your device. Works reasonably well with my D2 but from what I can tell is still in early development.

I have downloaded the Splash Top app from the market. The first few days it didn't work. I emailed CS and they said they would work on a patch. Today i got an email saying they fixed it and the update was on the market. I updated the app and sure enough it works flawless with all the testing ive tried. Great app.

Everyone should try Remote Desktop by Xtralogic. It is hands down the best in the market. It's pricey at $24.00 but when you can see what it doesssss youll know its worth it.

As the OP of this I have to chuckle a bit. "Remote Web Desktop" doesn't have anything to do with letting you remotely connect to your desktop/server rather it allows you to remotely connect your desktop/server to your android device.

I have downloaded the Splash Top app from the market. The first few days it didn't work. I emailed CS and they said they would work on a patch. Today i got an email saying they fixed it and the update was on the market. I updated the app and sure enough it works flawless with all the testing ive tried. Great app.

I also have been using Splashtop and it works PERFECTLY. Set up the port forwarding as well so I can use over 3G as well as Wifi. Very very nice. And cheap!! Highly recommended.

Back
Top Bottom