• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Remove lock screen wallpaper

Kahroo

Android Expert
Jun 13, 2012
NJ
So my mom has this phone. She is new to android and she tried to set a picture by going to get Gallery, selecting a pic, menu, set picture as, and she hit lock screen wallpaper.

Now she doesn't want it to be like that. Is there anyway to get rid of that wallpaper so it doesn't show that picture every time and shows the homescreen wallpaper instead?

So my mom has this phone. She is new to android and she tried to set a picture by going to get Gallery, selecting a pic, menu, set picture as, and she hit lock screen wallpaper.

Now she doesn't want it to be like that. Is there anyway to get rid of that wallpaper so it doesn't show that picture every time and shows the homescreen wallpaper instead?

Does she have an alternate launcher installed, like apex or nova? I have no option to select a lock screen wallpaper. Changing the home screen wallpaper should do the same to the lock screen. If she has that option, that's a new one to me. I guess set the lock screen wallpaper again, to the same as the home screen? That's all I can really think of.

Update: Seems like some phones other than the Awe running android 4.1.2 have a lock screen wallpaper option located at, settings>display>wallpaper>lock screen. I would try looking there.

Upvote 0
Does she have an alternate launcher installed, like apex or nova? I have no option to select a lock screen wallpaper. Changing the home screen wallpaper should do the same to the lock screen. If she has that option, that's a new one to me. I guess set the lock screen wallpaper again, to the same as the home screen? That's all I can really think of.

Update: Seems like some phones other than the Awe running android 4.1.2 have a lock screen wallpaper option located at, settings>display>wallpaper>lock screen. I would try looking there.
Nah she doesn't have that option. I may just put the wallpaper as a transparent png

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones