• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Removing Cyanogenmod 7 - Motorola Triumph

Hey, guys.

So, I have the Motorola Triumph on Virgin Mobile, and I recently installed tickerguy's cyanogenmod 7. It was great at first, but now, sometimes, when I try to turn on the screen, it won't wake up, and I have to do a hard reset. I'd rather not have the mod if it's going to do this, so Im wondering how I can take it off? I backed up my recovery and everything on my computer, but I need some guidance on how to go about restoring my phone to the way it was before. Any help?

Hey, guys.

So, I have the Motorola Triumph on Virgin Mobile, and I recently installed tickerguy's cyanogenmod 7. It was great at first, but now, sometimes, when I try to turn on the screen, it won't wake up, and I have to do a hard reset. I'd rather not have the mod if it's going to do this, so Im wondering how I can take it off? I backed up my recovery and everything on my computer, but I need some guidance on how to go about restoring my phone to the way it was before. Any help?

first i would say if its the tg Cm7 and not the whyzor tg-reloaded one then its the oldest Cm7 ive seen for our phone, also the screen not immediatley waking happens on most cm7's ive used, but i never needed a reset, usually pushing the button 2-3 times and itll wake, but im currently using the most recent updated CM7 G60style Final edition(recommended if wanting CM7)

to restore, if you made a nandroid backup of your stock phone, which ill assume you did, you just restore the nandroid back-up of your stock phone, thru CWM recovery Backup and restore section, reboot, play around make sure it took correctly and such, then the only thing after that i believe would be to replace the clockworkmod recovery with the stock one in download mode

extra note, if you have a custom splash image or boot animation then restoring the stock may not remove them, im not sure, if thats the case you can find flashable versions of the stock ones on this site and flash them after you restore your stock nandroid backup, and before you remove CMW recovery

Upvote 0
Hey, guys.

You need to boot back into recovery and restore your phone. I would recommend using my g60style-final

http://androidforums.com/triumph-al...al-cm7-7-2-rc1-g60-style-final-6-10-12-a.html

That one works better than TickerGuy's. No offense to TickerGuy but CM7 updated the code months in advance on what he originally released. After TickerGuy left the project Whyzor took over with TG-Reloaded. After Whyzor left I took over for him. While his ROM is also very stable I was able to resolve more problems in the code thanks to updates from CM7. If you install my ROM you shouldn't have the weird bugs you are listing, there is still some bugs but it works better.

Also there is a post on making it looks like ICS here

http://androidforums.com/triumph-all-things-root/559949-theme-cm7-cynocream-1-0-06-24-12-a.html

Upvote 0
You'll be quite annoyed if you go back to stock :)

I'd recommend the same as what g60 recommended above, I've been using his ROMs since I got my Truimph, and they work great. The v9 release seems to be the most stable, however, it's on his download page. The 2 newer versions had odd issues with the camera.

You can also refer to the general root/custom recovery/ROM sticky:

http://androidforums.com/triumph-al...stalling-cwm-custom-rom-motorola-triumph.html

Upvote 0
I agree, go g60! But use the final version, it's essentially R0.9 with some customizations removed (themes, etc...). Also, I used to have the same problem you're having with the screen not coming on, but I found it was not a problem with the ROM, but rather a problem with something I had installed or done to the ROM. Here's some tips:
1. Don't change the CPU governor, I've found that interactive, the default, has the best performance on this ROM.
2. Try uninstalling some apps. I experimented and found bluestacks was killing my performance.
3. If you still experience lag, install minfreemanager and set empty app to 64mb and content provider to 32mb. This basically tells the Android OS to kill useless apps when you're getting low on memory, which in turn gives you better performance.
Hope this helps!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones