• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Removing or hiding Status Bar icons

kspn

Lurker
Hi All,

I was wondering if there was a way of removing or hiding some of the icons on the Right hand side of the Status Bar?:confused:

I currently have: Bluetooth, Wifi, Vibrate, Signal, Battery, Alarm & Clock.

As you can imagine this means thta there isn't a huge anmount of space left on the status bar and as soon as I get more than 2 Notifications on the Left hand side they all 'Group' together.

Thanks in Advance
Kspn

The only way to do so is to turn off the associated services. I recommend you keep wifi and bluetooth off until you need them as all they can do is waste battery (and status bar room)

Hi,

Unfortunately that doesn't help with I am streaming Web Radio over a Bluetooth stereo headset.

If it isn't possible then it is a pain :(

Oh well.

Actually you can do this if you are rooted and running 2.1 or 2.2 android. It takes a bit of ADB skills to extract the appropriate files and then recompile accordingly. I have successfully removed Clock, Battery and Alarm from the right side of the notification bar. XDA has many forums on this very process. You need to be rooted tho.

Actually you can do this if you are rooted and running 2.1 or 2.2 android. It takes a bit of ADB skills to extract the appropriate files and then recompile accordingly. I have successfully removed Clock, Battery and Alarm from the right side of the notification bar. XDA has many forums on this very process. You need to be rooted tho.

Do you mind posting a link? I would like to remove my Bluetooth indication.

Back
Top Bottom