• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Replacing SD card now I've rooted & flash ROM

aldredd

Hi, I've successfully rooted, and flash a new rom - so big thanks to add the guides on here - i took my time, read, re-read, and read again everything, and all went to plan.

I just wonder - now I've got a2sd+ using my ext3 partition - how would I go about replacing the SD card? Before it was simple - just copy the data to a new card - seemples.

I guess I can use gpart to format the new drive as required, but how do I then transfer everything?

Thanks!

format/partition the new card in a cardreader using gparted
backup the rom in recovery
copy the backup to hard drive and new card
put new card in device and boot to recovery
restore backup

job done

Hi

I've been wondering about this..

Does a nadroid backup, backup the ROM and the apps etc on my EXT3 partition ? Just not the data on my FAT32 ??

What's the best way to back up EVERYTHING ? ROM, DATA, EXT3, FAT32 etc.. ?

Thanks

Hi

I've been wondering about this..

Does a nadroid backup, backup the ROM and the apps etc on my EXT3 partition ? Just not the data on my FAT32 ??

What's the best way to back up EVERYTHING ? ROM, DATA, EXT3, FAT32 etc.. ?

Thanks

Nandroid does everything apart from the fat partition.

Nandroid backup old card
Partition new card
Copy everything on fat partition old to new
Swap cards
Nandroid restore

Did this a few days back. Much easier if you have a card reader as you can make a direct copy rather than via a hard disk

oh no - things not going to plan peeps!

I've formatted my new card using gpart, with 6.5gb fat32 & 1gb ext3
I performed a backup from Restore.
Copied everything, included the backup images, to the new card
turned phone back on into restore, and restored the new image file

However, when I restart the phone, I'm just taken to a fresh installation of Leedroid!

Where have I gone wrong guys?

Edit:
Oh no, I think i know what went wrong - ran out of space on the sd for the backup to complete, which I reckon means I'll have to go to an older backup :o(

clockworkmodrecovery.

In the end, I bit the bullet and just went with a wipe & re-install. my SD full full of junk anyway from over a year of downloading random (often rubbish) apps and them leaving bits of files & folders everywhere. Been fun remembering all my apps, settings etc!

hahahaha, ok the only reason i asked is because amonRA is because you can backup without backing up EXT if you are not careful

this isnt an issue with CWM

Back
Top Bottom