• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Resume maker that allows to save to dropbox?

dorlow

Android Enthusiast
So, I'm paranoid of working on something and saving it to places I don't know or trust that their servers will be working a year later and not loose it all. I'd like to create it on my phone and have it save to dropbox. Anyone know of an app like that? (I'm paying to have my resume professionally written, but I'm looking for an app that I can make a rough draft and just kind of build on it as things come to me.)

So I downloaded the app made by resume maker. Figure they've been around forever. If it backs up to their cloud I'd trust it. I just threw junk into a resume and then cleared the apps storage and the resume was lost. So, it's not saving to the cloud.

if it saves it as a file, then you can have it saved to dropbox. i prefer to use a resume maker online and have it saved onto my desktop on my pc and then move it dropbox. that is what i have done in the past. i don't trust android to create a very good resume. there is style and the format that i have not found android apps to be the best at. i think i used monster to create my resume in the past and it turned out great.

I would never even consider trying to draft a resume on a phone, not unless I had a physical keyboard and a monitor connected to it, i.e. using as like a sort of PC. As for cloud storage, I'd say Dropbox is OK, it's been around for a long time, although I've never used it myself.

Those so-called resume-maker boiler-plate apps, perhaps not a good idea, as potential employers may recognise the boiler-plate templates used, and just file the resume in the bin as not been original and just a copy paste job.

Last edited:
Like I said, it's only for me to jot things down and brainstorm. It's not going to remotely be the real thing. Just a place for me to write accomplishments and things about my job as I think of it. I'll then later look at it and tell my professional resume writer it and they'll figure out how to make it sound great.

Also, it would be nice to have an app that remembered all my jobs and start and end dates always in my pocket. I used to always keep a piece of paper folded in my wallet with scratch notes all over it with details of my job history in case I randomly needed it out and about.

Why can't you just use your phone's notes app to do this? Or Google docs?

Just figured it would be nice if the app had all the fields I could enter the start and end date and a field to put in my duties and accomplishments. Otherwise chicken scratch in a google doc gets very unorganized.

Back
Top Bottom