• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Return to stock - how?

punkwarez

May 29, 2013
Does anyone have a stock rom I'd like to go back to stock but have no backup due to limited space on my sd at the time of flashing, and i dont know if the lg firmware tool and download mode will work due to my device being unrecognized by any pc it is plugged into, please I dont post to be belittled for the dumb things i do I'm just looking for some help.

Look for an unbrick guide.The guide will most likely give you the lg drivers needed to recognize the phone.
As I had suspected already the usb problem lies in the device not lack of drivers on the pc, therefore even with lg united drivers i still get this message The USB device you have connected cannot be identified by windows, which is why i asked for a copy of stock rom i could flash through TWRP

Upvote 0
As I had suspected already the usb problem lies in the device not lack of drivers on the pc, therefore even with lg united drivers i still get this message The USB device you have connected cannot be identified by windows, which is why i asked for a copy of stock rom i could flash through TWRP
By chance did you happen to flash the kernel @Noobified linked in the CM thread or any other kernel on his development page? Its not meant for daily use as of yet and USB problems have been noted.
If yes, reflash CM

Reactions: Bg260 and punkwarez
Upvote 0
I didn't read everything like I should have
This is becoming a rapidly increasing problem on this forum. You should familiarize yourself with the forum rules at the top of the Root page.
I'm not attacking you or being rude, but when threads get swarmed with "What do I do now?" and reports have been made, it slows down the pace of things around here. I'd take a day to just sit back and read absolutely everything you can, even do a quick search in the thread for specific issues, before reporting anymore issues so your caught up

Reactions: punkwarez
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones