• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rever bricked? Help?

I was installing a rom from a different device (I don't know why just felt the need), It doesn't load the bootloader, but it can enter download mode. Also, it can't enter the recovery mode.

Yeah if you're ever gonna flash a ROM from another device make sure it's mounting the right partitions etc... Most likely most won't even boot as the kernel will not boot and if that doesn't boot you're screwed so use the android image kitchen to split the boot.img from the other device and the reverb and replace the zImage in the other phones with the one from the reverb after doing all of that the ROM should flash but most still won't boot. Happy flashing

Thanks for the feed back guys! I really am grateful for the help, I am testing both of those methods I will reply with the ending result!
Again thank you

What you'll need to do since you can get into download mode at least is Odin cwm back to your device.

http://androidforums.com/reverb-all-things-root/657374-oudhs-soft-brick-cwm-recovery-support.html

Follow that to get cwm back on then flash a rom designed for your device

Never never flash another devices rom onto your device.
I have tried this, I still do not have Recovery, it still is a black screen.
The phone doesn't show any signs of life, the lcd screen is lighting up no logo just black, and if I do the button combos there's download.
Any ideas?

I have tried test 8
and the v6 with touch

The problem I have is the samsung logo isn't showing up
which could be the main cause of this

Back
Top Bottom