• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Revert back to Stock ROM

The original post can be found here. I brought it over to this forum for convenience. I am not taking credit for this and I am not responsible for any damage done to your phone.

5/3/2011 - corrected instructions on how to restore your Cricket C back to stock. I have confirmed this works. I have performed these exact steps on my own C.

Credit for some of the instructions for resetting the Optimus C back to factory go out to mmarz (Android Forums at Android Central) and 00_wrath_00. I have just edited their instructions and added some of my own experience with resetting my own Optimus C back to factory.

As stated in mmarz thread,

NO ONE should try this. No one. Not ever. Don't do this. This will brick your phone. No one do this! If you can get into adb shell or your recovery there is absolutely no reason to ever do this! Never ever ever ever ever ever!!!!!

BUT IT DID WORK FOR ME. I HAVE TESTED THIS ON MY OWN CRICKET OPTIMUS C.

1. Download the package I have put together to restore phone to factory OptimusC.rar
2. Extract it into your C:\ directory such that KP500-Utils-EN.exe is located: C:\KP500-Utils-EN-v0.4.2\KP500-Utils-EN.exe along with cab file.
2. Firmware and KP500-Utils-EN.exe should be located within the same directory
3. Make sure you have the most recent version of LG Mobile Support Tool Mobile Phone Support. Uninstall older version and re-install the latest if you do not already have.
4. Turn off your phone and take out the microsd card
5. Turn phone back on
6. Connect your phone with the USB
7. Make sure you have your phone in USB debugging mode by going to Settings/Applications/Development and tapping on USB debugging
8. Run KP500-Utils-EN.exe
9. Press the letter J on your keyboard and press enter
10. Type LW690 for Phone Model and press enter
11. Type LW690ZV5_01.S5_01.cab and press enter
12. Type LW690ZV5 for the Version and press enter
13. The updater in my package will open up and probably complain that the phone is not connected. Just click restart and the program will continue.
14. Allow the program to do it's thing. Your phone eventually should reboot with a screen that says it's upgrading.
15. Wait until the downgrade is complete and the phone reboots. Do not unplug your phone until the program asks you to exit.
16. For me, it went back to my home screen and did not loop on the animation screen. But if it does loop on the android animation don't panic. Pull the battery out.
17. Perform a factory reset by going into settings menu/privacy and click on factory data reset.
18. Perform factory reset.
19. Then wait. Phone will start up and animation will take a while till it gets to the Welcome screen. This brought me back to a factory Cricket ROM, unrooted.

The original post can be found here. I brought it over to this forum for convenience. I am not taking credit for this and I am not responsible for any damage done to your phone.

5/3/2011 - corrected instructions on how to restore your Cricket C back to stock. I have confirmed this works. I have performed these exact steps on my own C.

Credit for some of the instructions for resetting the Optimus C back to factory go out to mmarz (Android Forums at Android Central) and 00_wrath_00. I have just edited their instructions and added some of my own experience with resetting my own Optimus C back to factory.

As stated in mmarz thread,

NO ONE should try this. No one. Not ever. Don't do this. This will brick your phone. No one do this! If you can get into adb shell or your recovery there is absolutely no reason to ever do this! Never ever ever ever ever ever!!!!!

BUT IT DID WORK FOR ME. I HAVE TESTED THIS ON MY OWN CRICKET OPTIMUS C.

1. Download the package I have put together to restore phone to factory OptimusC.rar
2. Extract it into your C:\ directory such that KP500-Utils-EN.exe is located: C:\KP500-Utils-EN-v0.4.2\KP500-Utils-EN.exe along with cab file.
2. Firmware and KP500-Utils-EN.exe should be located within the same directory
3. Make sure you have the most recent version of LG Mobile Support Tool Mobile Phone Support. Uninstall older version and re-install the latest if you do not already have.
4. Turn off your phone and take out the microsd card
5. Turn phone back on
6. Connect your phone with the USB
7. Make sure you have your phone in USB debugging mode by going to Settings/Applications/Development and tapping on USB debugging
8. Run KP500-Utils-EN.exe
9. Press the letter J on your keyboard and press enter
10. Type LW690 for Phone Model and press enter
11. Type LW690ZV5_01.S5_01.cab and press enter
12. Type LW690ZV5 for the Version and press enter
13. The updater in my package will open up and probably complain that the phone is not connected. Just click restart and the program will continue.
14. Allow the program to do it's thing. Your phone eventually should reboot with a screen that says it's upgrading.
15. Wait until the downgrade is complete and the phone reboots. Do not unplug your phone until the program asks you to exit.
16. For me, it went back to my home screen and did not loop on the animation screen. But if it does loop on the android animation don't panic. Pull the battery out.
17. Perform a factory reset by going into settings menu/privacy and click on factory data reset.
18. Perform factory reset.
19. Then wait. Phone will start up and animation will take a while till it gets to the Welcome screen. This brought me back to a factory Cricket ROM, unrooted.

If your running CM i'm advising against this.I have a dump of the stock rom on my home pc, just wait for me to post it.As well as a Nandroid backup.

Back
Top Bottom