• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Review: htc.EVOlution's Evo 4G, Seidio Innocase II, Screen Protectors, Programs

so no zagg with the innocase? wish i wouldve known that before i read this. LOL i ordered them both. i'll use a little engineering to install the both if i see any issues. thanks for the heads up. this will be my first time using either product but they are supposedly the best at what they do. to bad they don't work together more easily though. SEIDIO rep, do you have anything to add here? ie; EVO innocase with a zagg protector?

HTC. EVO, since ZAGG cause the fit problem, what about the others? i.e. Phantom Skinz? I 've already pre-ordered innocase, concerning which protector i should get now

HTC. EVO, since ZAGG cause the fit problem, what about the others? i.e. Phantom Skinz? I 've already pre-ordered innocase, concerning which protector i should get now
well if you want to know about the others, i'm open to donations so I can test those products! :eek:

get steinheil crystal clear screen protector. great protector, excellent quality! i have it on my incredible and love it. feels like glass

I'm not that worried about the zagg not fitting under the innocase. If need be, I'll just use an exacto knife and trim the zagg to fit inside the frame of the innocase. It won't take much effort and it'll be a true custom and perfect fit with two of the best products available. As a matter of fact, I'll probably do this anyway. Place the zagg down with the plastic cover still in place, sit the innocase over it, outline the inside frame of the innocase on the plastic cover of the zagg with a sharpie or pen, use a straight edge and carefully cut the zagg to fit along the "cut edge" of the mark you made, and viola! Make sure to slide the zagg down to not cut the speaker cut out area of the zagg. Best of both worlds, tight fit, custom, nice....meet my EVO. Oh, and not to forget the carbon fiber tape that I'll also be putting on the back cover of the innocase. Is it June 4th yet?

Same price, just dont know which one is better for EVO4G, what's difference b/t these 2, anyone mind to explain a little bit more? Thank you.

I'm not that worried about the zagg not fitting under the innocase. If need be, I'll just use an exacto knife and trim the zagg to fit inside the frame of the innocase. It won't take much effort and it'll be a true custom and perfect fit with two of the best products available. As a matter of fact, I'll probably do this anyway. Place the zagg down with the plastic cover still in place, sit the innocase over it, outline the inside frame of the innocase on the plastic cover of the zagg with a sharpie or pen, use a straight edge and carefully cut the zagg to fit along the "cut edge" of the mark you made, and viola! Make sure to slide the zagg down to not cut the speaker cut out area of the zagg. Best of both worlds, tight fit, custom, nice....meet my EVO. Oh, and not to forget the carbon fiber tape that I'll also be putting on the back cover of the innocase. Is it June 4th yet?
you can do whatever you like, but I won't be keeping ZAGG. hate the rubber feel

I would like to give htc.EVOlution 2 Thumbs up, and a BIG thanks for all the feed back on the EVO.

Does the landscape mode work for text messaging? I have searched the forums for the answer but only thing I have found is that it depends on what app you are running.

One comment on the Zagg shield, depending if someone wants to use it or not. I had bought the Zagg for my Samsung Instinct at BB and had them install it for 9 bucks. Having BB install it had a 30 day warranty from them. So if any reason it messed up within the 30 days the would replace it as many times as it took for them to get it right.

htc.EVOlution can you keep us posted on what screen protector you are going to try out. I am very curious to know what you think will work.

Thanks again

you can do whatever you like, but I won't be keeping ZAGG. hate the rubber feel

Yea I have the Zagg on my hero and I can't stand it now. I can't get it to pinch to zoom on the home page for nothing lol.

I'm afraid I will have to order one for the EVO online since the only place I know who carries them is BestBuy and its Zagg

Zagg in general seems so overrated to me, I don't get why everyone keeps buying the brand.

It's almost, but not quite, like someone buying expensive HDMI cables from retailers like Best Buy when there's better, cheaper options online to try.

I ordered Clarivue the other night and there backordered. But since I was ordering the Seidio case tonight because of the date change I went ahead and picked up a pack of there clear protectors too. Hope I like it. I am buying my friend one for putting mine on for me so I got the 2 pack. Then I'll have extra when Calrivue comes cause I ordered the clear and anti glare from them.

I ordered Clarivue the other night and there backordered. But since I was ordering the Seidio case tonight because of the date change I went ahead and picked up a pack of there clear protectors too. Hope I like it. I am buying my friend one for putting mine on for me so I got the 2 pack. Then I'll have extra when Calrivue comes cause I ordered the clear and anti glare from them.
sweet. i wonder how antiglare will compare!

I don't know but me and my friend were each going to put on one Clarivue one of us the clear and one the antiglare and compare. But now that I ordered 2 clear Seidios with my case and they will come 1st we will just use those for a while I guess. And I'll save the other to try later on. But if I don't like the Seidio or too many fingerprints or makeup than I'll switch right away and try the anti glare.

sweet. i wonder how antiglare will compare!

Back
Top Bottom