• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Reviews: Body Glove Case vs Speck

John I

Jul 28, 2010
I bought the Speck case when I first got my Atrix. It is very impressive when it comes to actually protecting the phone. It has a gel inside and hard shell outer case. I found that despite the great protection, I didn't really like it for a few reasons:

• The outer case is slippery and does not sit flat. When I sit the phone on my center console in my SUV, the slightest step on the brakes sends the phone careening down underneath the gas/brake pedals!
  • The case is bulky and makes the phone feel big in my pocket. This is great if you drop the phone a lot, but I don't (except for the above bullet...)
  • The case is so tight and stiff that it is tough to get off the phone to put the Atrix into a dock or remove the cover.
  • Because the phone does not sit flat, the bubble level is basically useless unless you remove it from the case.
So I picked up a Body Glove case because I loved the one that I had for my Captivate. The Body Glove case feels great in my hand and in my pocket; it is not as slippery or bulky. It goes on and off the phone in a flash. It does not slide off my center console even if I jam the brakes (as I had to do on my way home today) and it sits flat. On the other hand it probably does not protect as well as the Speck if that is your #1 concern.

Bottom line is they are both great protectors and should be chosen based on your personal needs.

Bonus Review: AT&T Anti-Glare/Anti Fingerprint Screen Protector. In a word this item SUCKS. I ended up pulling it off my phone and throwing it away along with the second one that came in the pack. It has a matte finish and makes the phone look blurry. People I showed it to said "whats wrong with your screen!" It looked like you were looking at the phone through a screen door!

John

I switched from the speck to body glove too. fyi, I went to a market this evening and they had both otterbox cases, the enhanced body glove case that offers more protection and about 3 different tpu cases. I was surprised to see so many already.

Zagg screen protectors are the ONLY way to go IMO...def worth the 15 bucks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones