• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rezound World Phone - still coming?

MoebusNet

Dec 25, 2010
When my HTC Incredible started getting long in the tooth, I researched the forums to try to upgrade to the best phone I could. I settled on the Rezound; one of the reasons why was "world phone" capability. Since December 2011 this has been discussed, debated and anticipated. "Summer 2012" seemed to be the consensus.

Well, Halloween and the 2012 elections are over, I'm seeing promises of Jellybean for the Rezound but no discussion of an official Verizon OTA to enable the GSM capabilities of this phone. Does anyone have any idea if/when we'll see this? Part of Jellybean perhaps? I'd hate to think the phone will be EOL before seeing this capability enabled; I don't want to give up my warranty for root.

When my HTC Incredible started getting long in the tooth, I researched the forums to try to upgrade to the best phone I could. I settled on the Rezound; one of the reasons why was "world phone" capability. Since December 2011 this has been discussed, debated and anticipated. "Summer 2012" seemed to be the consensus.

Well, Halloween and the 2012 elections are over, I'm seeing promises of Jellybean for the Rezound but no discussion of an official Verizon OTA to enable the GSM capabilities of this phone. Does anyone have any idea if/when we'll see this? Part of Jellybean perhaps? I'd hate to think the phone will be EOL before seeing this capability enabled; I don't want to give up my warranty for root.
It can be done now without voiding your warranty: [Exclusive Download] Full RUU Build 4.03.605.2 For The HTC Rezound

Installing an "official" leaked ROM from HTC will NOT void your warranty and does not require root access.

Official VZW support of a Global Mode ROM is still unknown, there was a soak test around the middle August then nothing... it was expected over a month ago but nothing came out of it and no official word yet.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones