• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root RIP ACE :(

THE GAOUSER

Lurker
Jul 13, 2023
Yo guys, hi, I have an S5830i Samsung ACE phone, I accidently bricked it before, I uploaded anything with correct order but not working (this time its stuck at boot animation looping instead of logo but it can show charging animation) I noticed that the guy I watched didnt use bootloader, can someone give me an bootloader for it so I can slap it onto my Odin3 and fix this phon

yeah good luck finding even a firmware for the phone. sammobile, which is the best place to go for firmwares on any samsung devices, they did not even list your device. time to upgrade, my friend.
I find the 3 files (PDA,Phone and CSC) but the ****ing bootloader is lost+only site who gives bootloader just ****ING 404'S WHEN DOWNLOADING THE BOOTLOADER THING

Upvote 0
Bro, This phon is not to call. I just wanna fix it,
and i am telling you that you will need some very good luck in finding any firmware for which to pull the bootloader from. those files or links are no longer around. you might get lucky and someone here might still have a file for the firmware, but i doubt it.

also maybe post over at XDA Forums maybe there is a dev there that might have it.....but do not hold your breath.

Reactions: AugieTN
Upvote 0
There's no need for that hostility, they're trying to help. If you don't want the help of the people on this forum, you're free to go elsewhere.
nvm someone did post it and I fix, Also windroid reminds me something, it was like, Kitkat/jellybean time, OOH, WinDroid Launcher, It was an port of windows desktop(if u are windows professional too, youll know as explorer.exe or Windows explorer) for Android,On windows we call those like things shell but on android, we call them launcher but it makes sense bcz of their usage, Also I notice that the ROM I flashed(new one I found now with bootloader)'s a bit more better than mine, I think its bcz of region, Im turkish while the ROM is german(I changed it :) )

Upvote 0
Don't let the futurists who hate anyone who uses older devices bother you. 99% of folks using an old Android phone or tablet aren't using it to make calls or use data, mainly it's to use it as an MP3 player, cheap ebook reader, or sometimes even a smart camera or alarm clock.

For some reason, even asking a question that's perfectly reasonable for an older phone gets the futurists all upset and they assume we should just toss anything old enough into the garbage and encourage more consumerism. I wish they'd leave the forum. They ain't helping.

If you ain't got nothing nice to say, and no advice to give, don't post.

Upvote 0
If only more people cared enough to save older tech. Just because it's 'no longer supported' or old doesn't mean it's useless. Obsolescence is a myth. It means different things to different people. While some might consider Windows XP obsolete, there are still apps developed for it, such as MyPal and Panda Anti-Virus. So it's not obsolete so long as it can go online and browse the modern web.

Upvote 0
If only more people cared enough to save older tech.
It depends on your skill with computers (and smartphones are computers), along with how much time you have. For most people: The time and effort it would take to make a 10-year-old Android computer usable is not worth it. Time is money. The blame for that rests with Google and the manufacturers.

Upvote 0
It's not that hard. I mean I just power on my Note 10.1 from 2012 and go to m.youtube.com in the Samsung Internet browser and it just works. Doesn't seem like that is any less easy than it was back in 2012. "Time is money" only applies to employment. It's a saying that bosses use to ensure nobody slacks off at work. But at home? Doesn't apply. The day is still 24 hours long, and that ain't changing.

Upvote 0
Don't let the futurists who hate anyone who uses older devices bother you. 99% of folks using an old Android phone or tablet aren't using it to make calls or use data, mainly it's to use it as an MP3 player, cheap ebook reader, or sometimes even a smart camera or alarm clock.

For some reason, even asking a question that's perfectly reasonable for an older phone gets the futurists all upset and they assume we should just toss anything old enough into the garbage and encourage more consumerism. I wish they'd leave the forum. They ain't helping.

If you ain't got nothing nice to say, and no advice to give, don't post.
i am not upset......just think its a waist of time.

Upvote 0
I find it commendable when someone actually has interest in keeping an older device going. If someone doesn't want to help, just don't post. We don't need folks being told that newer is always better. It's not. Phones haven't had even a major upgrade in the experience since like 2014.
well that's your opinion. i will always believe that newer is better. plus older devices will always have bugs and issues as developers move support away to newer devices. it is inevitable that devices will cease to work as it did when it was brand new. and not mention that older devices will be that much slower than newer devices. my note 4 is only good to play music and nothing else. even going on the internet is much slower than my z fold 4. i barely use it now. even though my fold 4 is much heavier i now, i prefer to take it when i go for a walk over the note 4.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Never install updates and any phone will essentially last forever depending network support remaining constant. If you never updated that Note 4 since purchase, there'd be nothing to slow it down. First thing I did with my new Z Flip 4 was disable all software updates.
Sorry I'm big on updates. They help keep the phone secure. If my phone was rooted, then yes I would not have updated the phone. I would have just waited for the devs to come up with a custom rom that had the update incorporated into it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
updates don't guarantee security. Not updating also doesn't mean you're less secure. That's on you and how you use your devices. With the amount of data gathering done by stuff today, and most updated apps doing it, you're probably more private and secure on outdated software that no one cares about hacking.

For myself, the constant UI downgrades over the years ensures I'll never update again until skeuomorphism returns. I have absolutely zero interest in reliving DeskMate, VisiON or CP/M again.

Upvote 0
updates don't guarantee security. Not updating also doesn't mean you're less secure. That's on you and how you use your devices. With the amount of data gathering done by stuff today, and most updated apps doing it, you're probably more private and secure on outdated software that no one cares about hacking.

For myself, the constant UI downgrades over the years ensures I'll never update again until skeuomorphism returns. I have absolutely zero interest in reliving DeskMate, VisiON or CP/M again.
well updates will almost always include security updates as well as updates to the os. these security updates usually will patch up any loopholes or vulnerabilities in the os........thus keeping it more secure. it also means that it would be harder to root which is why you never update a phone if you plan on rooting it.

so yeah updates are important IMHO.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones