• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM 2.1] Bugless Beast (ERE25 Base)

dmodert66

Android Expert
New release from Pete. No info at all, but what the hell. I'm going to give it a shot and see what happens..Charging my phone now (was almost dead, and don't want to update with a close to discharged battery...)

This is "Beta", so we will see what happens...

Ok, so wiped Chevy's new 2.1 rom and tried this one.. same result. Mobile data connection will not initiate so I get no data unless I use WiFi.

Ok, so wiped Chevy's new 2.1 rom and tried this one.. same result. Mobile data connection will not initiate so I get no data unless I use WiFi.

wow that sucks, i totally dont have that issue. try flashing back to stock than going to this version.

Actually.. after checking the girlfriend's Eris.. it seems the 3G issue is something with the network as her stock phone isn't connecting either. Damn Verizon.. wonder how long this outage will last..

So annoying.. I've wiped and reinstalled about 6 different roms trying to get mobile data to work before I bothered to check her phone.. :(

Actually.. after checking the girlfriend's Eris.. it seems the 3G issue is something with the network as her stock phone isn't connecting either. Damn Verizon.. wonder how long this outage will last..

Happens to me all the time. I have formated my home PC due to connectivity issues that no matter what I did I could not resolve. Sure enough, it turned out that Comcast was down. I always miss the obvious.

Cool.. I will wait for his changelog to see what it has etc.. I would like to try this with the Smoked Glass theme he has for BB 1.1

Also see what bugs might be there

So annoying.. I've wiped and reinstalled about 6 different roms trying to get mobile data to work before I bothered to check her phone.. :(
I was doing the same thing this morning, but didn't have another phone to check to see what the problem was. Finally went back to how it was last night and then the network came back up, anyone know how long it was down for?

Had the same problem recently, went from wifi to 3g, but no 3g light in the notification bar or anything. Went to Superuser Permissions and deleted the permissions of a process id'ed as 2002/2002 etc, don't recall the actual name as it was a bit of a guesstimate/hunch. It was the only one I didn't recognize. As soon as I did this my 3G came back. Hope this helps.

I installed this. I lost some of my paid for apps (like Touchdown). Furthermore, I can't even find them on the app store to purchase these again. I have tried to post this on the treat at alldroid but I am not a registered member and am waiting to be approved. Could someone post this over there for me? Otherwise- fantastic rom and it is SUPER fast after adding the OC kernel!
Thanks,
Josh

I installed this. I lost some of my paid for apps (like Touchdown). Furthermore, I can't even find them on the app store to purchase these again. I have tried to post this on the treat at alldroid but I am not a registered member and am waiting to be approved. Could someone post this over there for me? Otherwise- fantastic rom and it is SUPER fast after adding the OC kernel!
Thanks,
Josh

My guess is that it's the same issue as Chevy had with his ERE25 ROM, but here's the fix. It will take a while for the market to recognize the change though.

ChevyNo1 said:
Try this:

- adb pull /system/build.prop

Then I edited it to comment out the fingerprint line, and add...

CODE
ro.build.fingerprint=verizon/voles/sholes/sholes:2.0/ESD20/17572:user/ota-rel-keys,release-keys

Then I pushed the build.prop back...

- adb remount
- adb push build.prop /system/build.prop

Fabdroid- Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, that sounds a bit out of my league. Do you think this is something the DEVS will be fixing. If so I can just wait. I actually pulled all the apps of of titanium backup. They are still not showing in the market place but at least I have them on my phone so I can wait for the devs to fix this if they are going to.
Thanks,
Josh

Fabdroid- Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, that sounds a bit out of my league. Do you think this is something the DEVS will be fixing. If so I can just wait. I actually pulled all the apps of of titanium backup. They are still not showing in the market place but at least I have them on my phone so I can wait for the devs to fix this if they are going to.
Thanks,
Josh

Yeah, no doubt it will be fixed in future releases. It's just one line of code.

I don't think any of the dev's anticipated that the ERE25 build wouldn't be able to download the "protected" apps from the market.

Yeah, no doubt it will be fixed in future releases. It's just one line of code.

I don't think any of the dev's anticipated that the ERE25 build wouldn't be able to download the "protected" apps from the market.
I ran into that with the Ultimate ERE25 build last night as well, and flashed back because of it. Good to know it's an easy fix at least.

Thanks,
Josh

I believe Chevy posted an update.zip that fixes it in his thread at droidforum:

[2.1 ROM - 1.25Ghz] SS MAJOR Beta ERE25 Build - (3/1/2010) - Page 8 - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

It sorta worked---messed up all my widgets, i reset them up. Seems to work but is also kinda weird- like the market icon is now blue and on my about phone it says i am running simply stunning. It did fix my market problem though as thoughs apps are back. I am going to go back to my nanodroid backup of pete's beast and assume he will issue his own patch eventually.

It took my phone almost 12 hours to recognize the change in the build.prop file (made by the update.zip), but I did get my protected apps back.
Wow - wouldn't have expected that, thanks for letting me know. I still have Simply Stunning 2.0 with the patch on, I will just keep it there for a bit and see if it resolves. Not sure I like the theme, but I can live with it for the time being given how fast this build is compared to other 2.1s - it's really amazing.

EDIT: Just looked again, and sure enough all my apps are back, just took a couple hours. I'm happy!

OK, I did a nandroid advanced restore to install this last night and re-installed all of my apps using the Titanium Backup app. None of them are showing as installed when I go to the market, but when I go to each app in the market on my own, they show as installed. Does anyone know if I will get app updates pushed to my phone or am I going to have to hunt them down myself?

Also, has he put a patch in for metamorph theming yet? I can't stand the stock look. I will say this though, the phone is running alot cooler using this ROM than the last 2.0.1 BB I had installed. The Chevy Kernel is really nice. It's a very quick ROM. Other than the issues I mentioned, I like it so far :)

OK, I did a nandroid advanced restore to install this last night and re-installed all of my apps using the Titanium Backup app. None of them are showing as installed when I go to the market, but when I go to each app in the market on my own, they show as installed. Does anyone know if I will get app updates pushed to my phone or am I going to have to hunt them down myself?

Also, has he put a patch in for metamorph theming yet? I can't stand the stock look. I will say this though, the phone is running alot cooler using this ROM than the last 2.0.1 BB I had installed. The Chevy Kernel is really nice. It's a very quick ROM. Other than the issues I mentioned, I like it so far :)

If you are worried about program updates not coming through you can download AtrackDog which helps monitor app updates

Back
Top Bottom