• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][4.1.1] AOKP - Build 1 (8/20/12) / Nightly (8/29/12)

sorry about that, i had to copy the link from one device to another and never copied the public link. whoops. updated post with the link to contain the public one. And yes, you can put that mirror in the op until the next nightly comes out.

Just downloaded and flashed your mirror. Worked like a charm. Thanks so much

Glad to hear. Still waiting on a fix for the toro version though. A lot of people are downloading the borked version and I wonder how many people have bricked themselves.

Glad to hear. Still waiting on a fix for the toro version though. A lot of people are downloading the borked version and I wonder how many people have bricked themselves.

Luckily my download was unsuccessful or I probably wouldn't have ever noticed it :D Team Kang really needs to get this server stuff worked out though

Luckily my download was unsuccessful or I probably wouldn't have ever noticed it :D Team Kang really needs to get this server stuff worked out though

That's the worst part is that I was one who soft bricked before word of the borked file got to me. I had a successful download, md5 checked out against the site, but it failed mid flash. +1 for making a nandroid before any flash.

That's the worst part is that I was one who soft bricked before word of the borked file got to me. I had a successful download, md5 checked out against the site, but it failed mid flash. +1 for making a nandroid before any flash.

I tried to flash a mod on my N7 the other day...thank G-d I made a Nandroid. Eternal boot loop and I couldn't get it in to recovery for over an hour lol

sixstringsg just tweeted that he's fixed some of the links on androtransfer.com, so I've added the link back to the OP. Please report any successful downloads! But be sure to check your MD5's!

How does this compare to the cm10 on rom manager. Its what I'm running. Never had a device with aokp that was stable

How does this compare to the cm10 on rom manager. Its what I'm running. Never had a device with aokp that was stable

As far as stability, this is a nightly version so there's gonna be more hiccups in this than any fully developed ROM out there. I just flashed the newest update to my gnex so I can't tell you much at all yet (got tired of messin with it) I'm sure you already knew this.. maybe m misinterpreting the question...

What is it like compared to cm. What can be done
AOKP Nightly ROM control features:
-Enable volume panel
-Show notification count
-LED color and time on/off
-Clock style with or without weekday
-Standard toggle choices for the pull down, buttons or switches etc.
-Battery style, display bat % in notifications (colors don't work on mine)
- Up to 5 icons in navi bar as well as long press actions for each and you can change your height and width also
-supports themes
color hacks w/presets

Nothing for the lock screen yet, but I don't know if my theme changed those icons, but they are like a bubbly icon and its pretty nice..

I've been using AOKP on every device I own since B17 and all have been stable enough to use as daily drivers and most have been more so than other ROMs

I'm gonna follow you! :D

Follow you on Twitter, I feel I need to make that apparent lol

Oh I've never and never will post :) I literally have 0 posts and 0 followers. I keep my account private so no one can see me; I just follow people. I don't use a news reader, I use Twitter as my news reader :)

Back
Top Bottom