• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][9/25/2010]FlashBack15 v1 - Return to Factory Stock

theres been a rom like this out for a while. the "is it a dream? no its cupcake" rom that i mentioned a while back will revert to 1.5 and give you the OTA message that will unroot your phone. theres also a v2 of it that will not give you the OTA updates so you can run a 1.5 rom w/o any issues

theres been a rom like this out for a while. the "is it a dream? no its cupcake" rom that i mentioned a while back will revert to 1.5 and give you the OTA message that will unroot your phone. theres also a v2 of it that will not give you the OTA updates so you can run a 1.5 rom w/o any issues

I found the link to the ROMs that you mentioned. Despite the fact that it is a Cupcake ROM, and likely functions nearly identically, it is deodexed, has root, etc. - it's not stock. It appears that the V1 ROM had similar things done to it, it would be incompatible with the OTAs, as the OTAs perform binary patching.

The point of this one was to return to exactly stock - either 1.5 or 2.1 - and also reset the version number number stored in the misc partition, so that any RUU or PB00IMG.zip file could be used.

eu1

[ Edit ] PS. It occurred to me that also - the OTA process requires the stock recovery partition; a dev ROM without a stock recovery can not process the OTA correctly. So it seems highly unlikely that the "Retro1V1" ROM could actually get upgraded to stock 2.1 via an OTA - for several reasons. The "FlashBack15 v1" ROM installs the stock recovery.

Back
Top Bottom