• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][Alpha][4.0.4][FINAL]Android Open Kang Project Build 38

Stopped by on a whim to check if ICS is possible on Android yet, and I was pleasantly surprised when I found that it is. After trying all the ROMs that support it, I settled on this as being clearly the best. ICS is awesome; so much nicer looking than Froyo, and for some reason the Facebook app doesn't stall out constantly now. I wonder if I'll find that more of my apps run better under ICS. The touch screen definitely works better.

Two questions though:

1) Any thoughts on when the camera will be available? Facial recognition unlocking was probably the most exciting feature of 4.0, for me, so I'm stoked to try it out.

2) When I flash an update of the ROM, will all my settings be lost? I'm a bit of a customization nut, so I don't want to put too much time in if I'm going to have to start all over.

Great job on this ROM! Thanks again for all your hard work.

Upvote 0
Stopped by on a whim to check if ICS is possible on Android yet, and I was pleasantly surprised when I found that it is. After trying all the ROMs that support it, I settled on this as being clearly the best. ICS is awesome; so much nicer looking than Froyo, and for some reason the Facebook app doesn't stall out constantly now. I wonder if I'll find that more of my apps run better under ICS. The touch screen definitely works better.

Two questions though:

1) Any thoughts on when the camera will be available? Facial recognition unlocking was probably the most exciting feature of 4.0, for me, so I'm stoked to try it out.

2) When I flash an update of the ROM, will all my settings be lost? I'm a bit of a customization nut, so I don't want to put too much time in if I'm going to have to start all over.

if ur worried of losing ur settings just wipe cache and dalvik cache then flash rom. that will do so u dont lose ur settings :)

edit: i nvr had an issue with tiling atm.

Upvote 0

Two questions though:

1) We're hoping that camera will be fixed very soon. It should be.

2) If you're coming from an older version, you won't have to wipe data so you will lose no settings.

Upvote 0
Two questions though:

1. no ETA's but the camera is currently got some new info the devs are playing with, as for the face recognition, i wouldnt even bother lol there are youtube videos showing how it doesnt work correctly yet lol the guy takes a picture of his face, locks the phone, then points it at a picture of tom cruise and it unlocks lol so either it messed up or tom cruises face is the master key lol

2. you can do what jarjar said and only wipe certain things, or you can try backup type apps and back everything up, ***if you back things up Never reload system files

Upvote 0
Is it just me I thought there is suppose to be a data toggle in this update. I dont see it it even shows a preview image of data toggle :(

+1!!! Exactly wat i thought!!! but it wasnt which made me go back to cm9. im not saying that this is a bad rom. its just for convenience. also i kinda slimmed down both cm9 and aokp b38 n both r running great n smooth. only 80 Mb each xD. so much bloatware.

Upvote 0
GPS Should've been fixed.. not sure.

I must have an amazing phone, as I'm not occurring the tiles anymore. Guess I'll have to look more into it. Sorry guys.

Like I said I've seen the tile glitch once and it fixed itself. As for GPS its enabled in settings but apps can't find my location. So I used a trusty GPS tool I've used before to see if GPS was connecting and it wasn't showing as being on regardless of settings saying it was

Upvote 0
Like I said I've seen the tile glitch once and it fixed itself. As for GPS its enabled in settings but apps can't find my location. So I used a trusty GPS tool I've used before to see if GPS was connecting and it wasn't showing as being on regardless of settings saying it was

Hm.. funny. I just tried out google maps and it told me that a setting wasn't on, even though it wasn't.

But from my understanding, gps was fixed in 37a. So I'm going to try to see what could have borked it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones