• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM]AplusROM_2.2

Upvote 0
http://androidforums.com/optimus-m-...9-rom-romzerofinal-4-3-2011-its-not-over.html

But, with the new 2.2.1 OC Kernel, I would consider Chicken Eater, Aplus, or even the CM7 Mod if you dont' mind not having swype...

Ok. I had that one in my list of ROMs. You had put the roman numeral 2 on the end of it in your devices, so that confused me. Before I re-stocked my phone due to thinking I had overheated it and needed to return it for warranty service, I was using this ROM. I have re-rooted, but haven't gone and flashed a ROM yet. I really liked this one, and plan on going back to it. I have a collection of the ROM's on my laptop though, and if it was a different one I was going to down load it. Thanks.

Upvote 0
Sorry for the delay but, I had some personal priorities take precedence over the rom developing. Tonight I put together a new/untested 2.2.1 version and will, hopefully, be able to test it out by this weekend. If anyone would like to be a guinea pig and doesn't mind testing things out and knows what they are doing send me a pm and I will give you the link.
I don't want to put out a public link yet as it is untested.

Reactions: reilus
Upvote 0
Sorry for the delay but, I had some personal priorities take precedence over the rom developing. Tonight I put together a new/untested 2.2.1 version and will, hopefully, be able to test it out by this weekend. If anyone would like to be a guinea pig and doesn't mind testing things out and knows what they are doing send me a pm and I will give you the link.

I know I, for one (and I'm sure that all the others using this ROM agree), completely understand personal priorities take precedence. My family always comes first. Glad that all is well. I will have to say that I am not up for being a guinea pig though. :)

Upvote 0
I know I, for one (and I'm sure that all the others using this ROM agree), completely understand personal priorities take precedence. My family always comes first. Glad that all is well. I will have to say that I am not up for being a guinea pig though. :)

Lol, the guinea pig part was a joke. There won't be anything a couple minutes and a nand restore wouldn't fix but, I can understand not wanting to try out an untested rom. From what I read you're on 2.2.1 now and I would really like to get this sorted out. Hope you'll give it a shot when it gets finalized.

Upvote 0
Lol, the guinea pig part was a joke. There won't be anything a couple minutes and a nand restore wouldn't fix but, I can understand not wanting to try out an untested rom. From what I read you're on 2.2.1 now and I would really like to get this sorted out. Hope you'll give it a shot when it gets finalized.

For the most part, I have maintained 2.2, actually. Last week I thought I had fried (overheated in my air conditioned car in this Texas heat) my phone and so I un-rooted and went back to complete stock. This was done 'cause I thought that I'd have to take my phone back for warranty work. I ended up not having to take it back so I re-rooted using the gingerbreak 1.2. Just yesterday I decided to try out the Sense ROM and give it a whirl, which did put me up to 2.2.1.

Send me a link and I'll try it out and see how it goes.

Upvote 0
For the most part, I have maintained 2.2, actually. Last week I thought I had fried (overheated in my air conditioned car in this Texas heat) my phone and so I un-rooted and went back to complete stock. This was done 'cause I thought that I'd have to take my phone back for warranty work. I ended up not having to take it back so I re-rooted using the gingerbreak 1.2. Just yesterday I decided to try out the Sense ROM and give it a whirl, which did put me up to 2.2.1.

Send me a link and I'll try it out and see how it goes.

Oh, if you're still on 2.2 then you can use the original rom. How come you used gingerbreak?

Upvote 0
Oh, if you're still on 2.2 then you can use the original rom. How come you used gingerbreak?

I decided to try it out. I knew the z4root worked, since that's what I had originally done to root my phone. I wanted to try the other newer method. It worked well. Like I said though, I am currently playing with Joneidy's Sense ROM and it's 2.2.1. I can try yours out as well if you'd like.

Upvote 0
I finally got the ext3 working on aplus. I used a fresh sdcard and redid all my stuff. So far, I still can't use the LCD density adjuster or the font changer. However, I like the responsiveness of this ROM. I love seeing all that internal memory free too! WOW!

I am taking Aplus ROM as my main ROM. Thanx for a great ROM!

Reactions: Aplus
Upvote 0
I'm still having some issues with the LG screen staying on for a long time at each reboot; this even continues after I flashed the Sense ROM. Do you have any ideas on what is causing this?

Personally, the LG screen stays on longer than the boot animation for me but, it still doesn't take very long unless I wipe the dalvik cache because I have like 200 apps on my phone. I'm pretty sure it has to do with a2sd and running things from the sd card. That's also why I included sdboost. I have it set to run at 2048 at boot.
Also, as to your previous problem, try downloading the newer superuser from the market and let it install the new binaries.

Upvote 0
So I tried Joneidy's Sense ROM for a few days. I liked it, especially the blue color scheme. However, I think I like this one better for my personal preference. I might have to play around with that uot kitchen thing and see if I can get a blue theme to my phone. :)

Edit: one thing I found is that when I click on the divx register option, I get a force close error.

Upvote 0

Pm me a link I get internet in 2 days!

Upvote 0
ok i download the rom move it to my sd card wipe all data flash then reboot it goes past the lg screen but when it gets to the android screen after a few min it either freezes completely or it freezes then starts back the android screen goes for a few seconds then rinse and repeat

Mine does the same thing.....I've flashed all the roms and have never had a problem til now

Upvote 0
If anyone still has a copy of the 2.2.1 version of this rom and could PM it or somehow otherwise slide me the zip for 2.2.1 that would be awesome.

I actually just started working on it again last night. It wouldn't boot before. I got it booting now but still getting a lot of fc's. Should be ready by tomorrow.

Upvote 0
I have like 5 people that i know that i have rooted their Opt M's. So far only 2 of them are on 2.2 rest were 2.2.1 out the box. All 2.2.1 devices are currently on CM7 by Reppard. And the 2 that are on 2.2 are on your 2.2Aplus rom. I been trying to figure out the issue myself also i have tried everything i could think of. Even a brand new SD card my wife had.

Upvote 0
Welcome to the AplusROM_2.2/2.2.1!

This is my first custom ROM
snap20110711_212751.png
snap20110711_212845.png

snap20110711_212941.png
snap20110711_213239.png

*Always create a NAND backup before flashing anything!*

*While I appreciate anyone who chooses to use this rom I am not responsible for anything you do to your phone.
Please read and research as much as you can about flashing custom roms. If you are not comfortable with the whole
rooting/flashing process DO NOT PROCEED.*

Requirements:
Must be rooted
Must have custom recovery
Must have ext3 partition

Known issues:
None so far
If you use this ROM and encounter any issues, please, report them in this thread.

Features:
Overclockable
SuperUser included
Custom GUI
ADW Launcher
A2SD enabled
Jit enabled
HW Acc Enabled
Stagefright Enabled
No Metro apps
Google apps are now included

Included Alt. Apps:
A2SDGUI (credit: A.R.)
CacheCleaner NG (credit: L. Sartory)
Custom Market (credit: 00.ante)
QuickBoot (credit: Sirius Applications Ltd.)
SDBooster (credit: Akusari)
Terminal Emulator (credit: Jack Palevich)
Titanium Backup

Included Stock Apps:
Calendar
Calculator
Camera
Clock
Contacts
Email
3D Gallery
Messaging
Browser
Music
Video Player
Dialer
Settings
Voice Dialer
Google Talk
Gmail
Google Search
Google Voice
Google Maps
Google Voice Search
Android Keyboard
Swype Keyboard

To install:
Download AplusROM_2.2_v1.1 for 2.2. (MD5 Checksum: 6975A10F6AADA6ACA05FF2B75AA2ADAF)
AplusROM_2.2.1: Pulled do to reports of boot problems. Will be re-uploaded upon further investigation.
Do not open, extract, or rename.
Place on root of SD card.
Reboot into custom recovery.
Wipe All.
Flash.
Reboot.
Enjoy.
*Remember, the first boot after flashing (also, any reboot after clearing Dalvik cache)can take what seems like an abnormal amount of time. Please, let it do its thing.*

Additional credits: Reppard for r.O.C.K. kernel, Asadullah, Getitnowmarketing, Andyo70, RichieDaze, and everyone else in these forums that I have learned so much from.

Thanks for all the work done. When will AplusROM 2.2.1 ver becom availble again?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones