• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][BETA][4.2.2] PAC-ROM for Virgin Mobile and Sprint 5/2/2014

halo is disabled by default as far as i can tell, i cant get it to pop up at all but the settings is at Settings>system>HALO settings

HALO was initially disabled, yes. But now it's active and won't go away.

I've checked the settings, there are only options to change how it behaves but nothing that disables it.

there was a HALO app in my apps drawer, but I used Titanium to freeze/disable the app. The app is gone from my drawer but the app is still active and still gets in the way.

what the heck?! lol

Upvote 0
i have not experienced any of these issues. perhaps it is from the gapps listed in op. with the posted copy, my aosp keyboard would not work, thus not letting me input a password for wifi, log in to gmail, search using play store, ect.. but once i used gapps from phenomx4's other 4.2.2 roms, my problem was solved. i imagine an incompatible copy gapps could cause most of the bugs listed in recent posts. just a thought/suggestion.

Upvote 0
So far so good. I did a complete wipe from the kitkat cyanogenmod release and flashed this then let it boot and went back to recovery and wiped the cache and dalvik cache and booted it up and it works great. I only had one issue which was the home screen and settings got all distorted when I was updating apps in google play. It went away after a little bit and haven't encountered it since. I have also played a game or two on the phone and it is still working smoothly with no issues. I even have the processor maxed out on demand with 1804 and the min at 245. And the cool thing is it isn't even barely warm. I am going to be playing a fairly high end game and see what happens but I think it will keep performing perfectly. Funny just as I typed that the phone decided to go to a black screen and not respond at all. I guess it can't handle the highest processor speed so I will just turn it down no big deal. I just really wish I could figure out why my phone keeps not wanting to turn back on a lot of the time when it does this even after taking the battery out for a few seconds and putting it back in.
Well it seems like it was really messing with me this time. I am thinking my batteries are bad and are causing the issues I am having with trying to power my phone on. Or the processor being set to the maximum caused it to mess up. Anyways I had to re do it and now it is deciding it wants to restore my phone so now it is trying to download all of the apps I have had for this phone and now the leds are stuck on and it is completely froze. I guess I am just really having some bad luck with this phone.

Upvote 0
Errr considering you have rooted your elite and have installed CWM Or TWRP
You can download the ROM straight through your phone and the gapps as well. Now I wouldn't do this only on WiFi with strong connection and with UC browser(Its more better with downloads)
So yes, You can do this without a PC.
But if your new backup all your apps with TB!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones