• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM]Bone Stock & Stock Deodex ROM's Triumph-Now Resets Splash.img!!

thanks. Just wanted to mention this in case anyone else runs into the problem. I just tried flashing the Complete Stock Triumph ROM using the orange CWM 4.0.1.4 and the phone wouldn't boot. Had to get the wife's phone back to stock so I could go exchange it. So I updated to 5.0.2.6 and reflashed the stock rom and it now boots fine. So possibly there may be an issue when flashing using the old cwm--or it was just a bad flash. Just in case anyone else tries this and runs into the same problem, try flashing using the updated cwm.

Alright. Yeah it may be! I know I flashed the old one from 4.0.1.4 and it worked but things can be screwy at times! Android phones can be temperamental lol!

Alright. Yeah it may be! I know I flashed the old one from 4.0.1.4 and it worked but things can be screwy at times! Android phones can be temperamental lol!

Wi-fi isnt working for me. It connects but then says disabled. Any thoughts? Using the deodex version.

Thank you this saved me alot of time. I pretty much had installed a rom and it didn't
work as I needed it. I used this method to restore to the older stock and worked perfect. Just what I needed. Thanks again

is the deodex rom rooted?

EDIT: running gingerbreak is safe right?

Nah neither are rooted. And yeah gingerbreak will work. These are 100% stock(except for the deodexed one being deodexed) right down to the /hidden partition and it even flashes the stock kernel and splash image.

Flash this and put the stock recovery on and it's like you pulled it out of the box.

Can this thread get added to the Rom section in the all things root guide? Im getting a lot of messages asking me for this when its clearly posted here thanks in advance :)

I can't believe it wasn't in the list. How was that left off???? I could have sworn it was in there. lol. :o

Thank you for the ROM. Had to return a Triumph and this looks like it will do the job. Does this replace CWM with the original Recovery as well?

Maybe make a different ROM for the recovery replacement, I'm sure not everyone who wants to move back to stock want's to replace CWM.

EDIT: Does anyone happen to have the stock recovery? I'd probably be fine sending back my faulty unit back with CWM on it, but I don't want to risk getting charged for another Triumph over something dumb like that. :)

Quick question. I will be selling my Triumph to a friend next month. Instead of flashing this complete stock rom, Is it possible to restore my own stock backup and then perform a factory reset with CWM so he can activate it on his account? Or will CWM factory reset wipe out everything?
thanks for making this, by the way :)

Quick question. I will be selling my Triumph to a friend next month. Instead of flashing this complete stock rom, Is it possible to restore my own stock backup and then perform a factory reset with CWM so he can activate it on his account? Or will CWM factory reset wipe out everything?
thanks for making this, by the way :)

CWM factory reset isn't the same as a stock factory reset like you are thinking. So no, that won't work.

I tried to use barnito's nandroid to reset my phone and I messed something up resulting in the phone not booting. For about 9 hours I thought I was out $300. I flashed your rom and the phone booted right up. thanks!

Thanks to whoever made the
Deodexed Stock Triumph ROM: because my Triumph was bricked. and this used with cwm 5 helped me unbrick the hone thanks again!

So just to be clear. To get back to 'out of box' status:

Boot into CWM and install the linked stock rom
From CWM flash the stock recovery
Reboot

I should be back to stock and all working? I should be back to the stock recovery and unrooted?

A new owner will be able to activate as normal via VM.

THANKS! for all your hard work.

Yes this is correct. Fresh like it has never been used. If you want to you can program 9 1's into the min and msid numbers under the ##virgin# edit menu so that they won't know your phone number and msid number. Then all they will have to do is go through the process of activating it.

Back
Top Bottom