• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[ROM] CyanogenMod 11.0 - VILLUMINATI

@Alpha2k Could we just use the boot.img from the HOOD POPE zip and use that in the kernel slot in Mobile Odin to flash the 4.3 recovery?? I realize it wouldn't be direct boot at that point, but is that something that would be possible??

I tried extracting the boot.img from HOOD POPE zip in Linux Mint 16 using the Android Kitchen but all it gave me was a zImage that was 0 kb, there's gotta be a way to get that zImage extracted from the boot.img... :/

It would just be easier to flash the EL29 direct boot recovery kernel, then flash the hood pope rom (just the ROM no gaaps), then reboot recovery (right from el29's recovery), and then flash CM11.

Upvote 0
I can confirm the handoff is fixed. I ahev tried gps, wifi, toggleing between the 2, works ok, google now works with saying "ok google" very cool feature, apollo works, gallery works, 3g works, wifi works, the handoff works, goole now "ok google" works, camera works, panarama works.

Somehow it seems as if this room is smoother and/or faster too, not sure, maybe it's just a placebo affect, but it sure seems good right now.

Now my biggest choice right now is......keep google now experience, or go to another launcher such as nova, apex, adw, holo. None of those have the google now stuff. I am not really sure I'd actually use it that much, but dunno....kinda ne of those things probably if ya don't have it, you never know what you don't have....but nice you have it and get rid of it, you really miss it.

What ta do what ta do.......Any suggestions or advice people can give me?
Nova launcher now has the OK google option

Upvote 0
Can anyone help me with this? I tried installing this and got a soft brick. I followed these instructions..here they are below:

1.Flashed phone back to stock using SimpleDownloaderTool for SPH-D710 (Click "Download" tab, file named: Device(Install),Others (Software) (ver.OS Update GB27 (Jelly_Bean))
2.Let boot, then re-booted into download mode
3.Flashed One-Click EL26_Stock_CWM5.exe
4.Booted into recovery
5.Flashed tdunham's Jellybean Format All X2
6.Flashed CyanogenMod 10.2 Latest Nightly
7.Let boot, then booted into recovery
8.Flashed tdunham's Jellybean Format All X2
9.Flashed Modem FL24.zip
10.Flashed CyanogenMod 11 - Android 4.4.1
11.Flashed GAPPS Google Stock Package 4.3-20131102

I skipped step one since I was on stocked GC01 (rooted). I put it in download and used the one click EL26 Stock CWM5.exe. It said successful and pass but it was stuck on the Samsung Galaxy screen with the yellow triangle. --Not sure if this was suppose to happen even tho the next step was to go into recovery mode...I was still able to do that but wasn't sure if I should have proceed.

I ended up fixing it by going back to GC01 (link from rwilco12 (SPH-D710BST_GC01_1014517_Rooted_Nodata)) since I was still able to go into recovery or download mode.

Any reason why this happened? I really would like to get this rom but need a little help. Any help would be good?

Upvote 0
Anything ?? Could someone help me out please? I am willing to donate via paypal account.. I am just not doing something right. I'm on a stock rooted running gc01, Android Version: 4.1.2, Baseband Version: S:D710.10 S.GC01 , Kernel Version: 3.0.31-1014517, Hardware Version D710.10 and Software Version GC01

Upvote 0
I'm sorry to dig up graves, but I felt like changing up the droid a little. Can't seem to find a working link for 10.2 hood pope. Does anyone have one, or could anyone provide an upload?

While we're at it, is it even really needed? Researching made it seem like it's a crap shoot.. but I'd rather not wipe my phone just to find out I'm not actually leaving projectx for a while.

(I would have posted this on the actual 10.2 post, but that was done already with no response.. don't really feel like bumping it..)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones