• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Rom] Gingerlike Rom 2.2.1

joneidy

Android Enthusiast
Here is the result of couples of days of hard work.

This is a 2.2.1 Rom themed to look like Gingerbread.

396355032.jpg
396355033.jpg

Details:
No MetroPCS bloatware.
No MetroPCS startup sound.
New status bar.
New boot animation.

And a couple of extra features and addons that I hope that people find on the Rom. (Hint: Pay attention at the configuration screen during the first boot. LOL)

**Remember to Wipe before flashing. Tested and fully working**

Download

I will flash this once I have time but Is there any known problems? Is everything working? It looks nice by the way cant wait to flash this.

I will flash this once I have time but Is there any known problems? Is everything working? It looks nice by the way cant wait to flash this.

Everything working I`m actually using it on my phone. I`ve been using it for two days and no problems. LOL

Not yet. Overclocking will not available until LG releases the source code for the Optimus 2.2.1

this might be a stupid question but how long on average after an os update is pushed out does lg release the source code? or is it just when they release it, they release it?

this might be a stupid question but how long on average after an os update is pushed out does lg release the source code? or is it just when they release it, they release it?

Well no one knows, but they released the source code for 2.2 like a couple of weeks after the phone was out. But with 2.2.1 they have take months and still no release.

I flashed it and am currently restoring my apps, which seems to be going smoothly. So you're saying that there aren't any noticeable differences other than the look?

i have a quick question, i've been working on theming my own phones framework, but haven't been too successful about changing the color on the status bar, what file did you change to make it white from black if i could know :O

plz and ty in advance ^^

i have a quick question, i've been working on theming my own phones framework, but haven't been too successful about changing the color on the status bar, what file did you change to make it white from black if i could know :O

plz and ty in advance ^^

in the framework.apk its /res/drawable-mdpi/statusbar_background.9.png

i was actually referring to the text colors x) i might have terribly worded my question wrong. lol

i've gotten as much as the entire notification bar themed, im working on the slider, but i have't been able to change any of the text color.

Every time I click the download link it sends me to google docs... Any ideas? Would love to download this rom. Clreared cookies and still notta..

Back
Top Bottom