• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][July14] Icy Fusion V5.0 | Smooth | Tweaked | Themed | Battery

You'd have to modify the eri.xml to fix it manually, a quick google search should find that for you.

Though, im not positive if that will fix your app or just the display name.

It was an easy fix, I needed to link the app with my Verizon account, which happened automatically on other ROMs. I downloaded my Verizon app, let that link and NFL mobile settings had an option. Thanks for the help. This rom is running great!

Anyone have a replacement for the MMS app on this ROM? I have tried multiple, the CM9 works but won't send MMS. This stock one is ugly.

Anyone have a replacement for the MMS app on this ROM? I have tried multiple, the CM9 works but won't send MMS. This stock one is ugly.

Try looking for the ics based eclipse Rom. If I remember correctly he themed the mms app.
Or just try a mms replacement app from the play store. Just have to disable notifications in the stock app

To be completely honest. Icyfusion 5 gives me the beat battery life and fastest charging with my extended battery.. cm10.1 and cm10.2 have been battery hogs for me

Just flashed this rom. Haven't really tested anything yet, but it is quick on my phone. Very responsive; more so than the others so far. I'll use it for my DD for a while. Still testing CM10.2 also though.
One observation (good thing!) all other roms, when you dial a phone # with pauses in it, usually it freezes the phone app. Not so with this rom. Pauses in a phone # work perfectly. First one I've found that does.

WOOHOO! Great Job! I am loving it! You really hit the nail on the head with this one. IMO

You'd have to modify the eri.xml to fix it manually, a quick google search should find that for you.

Though, im not positive if that will fix your app or just the display name.

Thank you! That worked and it was easy. Perhaps now I will get creative.......LOL

NOW I have to think up a name for my phone. Let's see, what should I call it.....HMMMMMMM

I use latest ROM because I need this rom work with camera. It works perfectly. However one BIG problem is phone reboot often. I use any apps for example gmail and trying to sync via 4G then reboot. I saw battery is 1% now. I know it was 41% one minute ago. Checked with battery apps and found that IcyFusion misread the battery. I have four different batteries and result same. With full charged extended battery reads 3MAh and one standart 1MAh. Was supposed thousand! Kernel is the problem! Need stock kernel.

I use latest ROM because I need this rom work with camera. It works perfectly. However one BIG problem is phone reboot often. I use any apps for example gmail and trying to sync via 4G then reboot. I saw battery is 1% now. I know it was 41% one minute ago. Checked with battery apps and found that IcyFusion misread the battery. I have four different batteries and result same. With full charged extended battery reads 3MAh and one standart 1MAh. Was supposed thousand! Kernel is the problem! Need stock kernel.

I had similar issue with reboots. I narrowed it down to a few causes for my particular phone. First one was restoring apps from titanium back up. Installing them fresh greatly reduced reboots. Second was getting rid of greenify and clean master. Third was getting rid of any type of kernel setting app (set CPU, ROM toolbox etc.) Since then random reboots have ceased to exist.

I had similar issue with reboots. I narrowed it down to a few causes for my particular phone. First one was restoring apps from titanium back up. Installing them fresh greatly reduced reboots. Second was getting rid of greenify and clean master. Third was getting rid of any type of kernel setting app (set CPU, ROM toolbox etc.) Since then random reboots have ceased to exist.
I just installed it right after use CM10.2 for month and did wipe all data one time. Did not restore apps in titanium backup. Today icyfusion did reobot when I was trying to switch to other app.

I keep getting a message that says an update for my phone is available. I ignored it, but I also flashed this ROM on my gf's phone, and she tried to install it. She got an error message and it wouldn't take. Is there a way to install the update, or at least get rid of this message? It's popping up every day or two on my phone.

Thanks!

I keep getting a message that says an update for my phone is available. I ignored it, but I also flashed this ROM on my gf's phone, and she tried to install it. She got an error message and it wouldn't take. Is there a way to install the update, or at least get rid of this message? It's popping up every day or two on my phone.

Thanks!

There is a OTA blocker zip somewhere in this thread. I'm sure its been linked a couple times.

You NEED this if it keeps asking. The phone could try to update in the night while charging. And you'll wake up to a overheated phone. Could possibly melt or catch fire(damn sure feels like it). But I haven't heard of it actually happening

Does Bluetooth or wireless tethering work on IcyFusion 5? I use Bluetooth a lot in my car so I need that. Thanks.

Tethering is a no(unless Verizon allows you to tether). Bluetooth I'm unsure about.
For tethering cm ROMs are best. And AFAIK 100% stock and cm10.1+ have working bluetooth. Unlocking the bootloader breaks bluetooth for stock based

I've been looking for a ROM that improves battery life, this seems to be the best one so far, that has the most phone features still working.

Does anyone know if this will work ok after the ZV9 update?

I recently inherited this phone after my friend switched to Sprint (I am trying to keep unlimited data on VZW so my options for new phones are slim without spending a pretty penny). He purchased an extended battery, but this thing still dies ridiculously fast, to the point where I need to keep it plugged in whenever I am not using it.

I understand that the majority of the battery drain is in how I use it, and I do use it for graphically intense games (if PvZ2 can be considered graphically intense). But since I'm rooted with recovery, I might as well start trying to flash stuff in an effort to improve performance.

Thanks in advance. I had the ZV9 update performed before rooting and installing CWM, if that matters.

I've been looking for a ROM that improves battery life, this seems to be the best one so far, that has the most phone features still working.

Does anyone know if this will work ok after the ZV9 update?

I recently inherited this phone after my friend switched to Sprint (I am trying to keep unlimited data on VZW so my options for new phones are slim without spending a pretty penny). He purchased an extended battery, but this thing still dies ridiculously fast, to the point where I need to keep it plugged in whenever I am not using it.

I understand that the majority of the battery drain is in how I use it, and I do use it for graphically intense games (if PvZ2 can be considered graphically intense). But since I'm rooted with recovery, I might as well start trying to flash stuff in an effort to improve performance.

Thanks in advance. I had the ZV9 update performed before rooting and installing CWM, if that matters.

This works after the v9 update. This is based on v8 iirc. But stock based ics is your best bet for battery life

OK, followed the instructions on the first post and it is booting up now, at the animation with the multi-colored X.

Will keep you posted.

It's been working fine up until an hour or two ago. Now it seems every 5 minutes the phone "hiccups" and causes some disruption.

When on the home screen, the cell signal indicator will suddenly have the small red X, and then a second or two later it goes back to normal strength.

When running a full screen game, it will cause the game to go through its pausing sequence, sometimes having to reload itself, like if you hit the Home button and then launched it again without completely closing the app.

It is not rebooting, just kinda freezing for a sec and losing all its connections.

I am not blaming the ROM, I know there are probably plenty of possible reasons for this. I am gonna try wiping and reflashing the ROM again to see if that helps.

If any of you have come across this before, any info would be greatly appreciated .

I should keep my mouth shut until I actually do some normal troubleshooting....it worked fine again after a normal reboot.

I apologize for the endless posts from me, and I do appreciate everyone's feedback and patience.

STAY THIRSTY MY FRIENDS!

So i dont know if it was said anywhere in the thread but i was wondering what version of android is this rom?? Because i would want to try it out but the one thing i dont know is the android version. Thanks

ROM has been working great, but have run into an issue producing a WiFi hotspot. Only option I see is for WiFi Direct. When using it, seems like my other device can connect to the network, but I am unable to get to any webpages. Apps that require a connection usually hang while attempting to connect.

I flashed the Quattrimus CM 10 mod, option for WiFi hotspot now shows, and worked on the first try. I'd like to use this Icy Fusion ROM though, so any suggestions to get it working would be appreciated!

Gotcha. It's the best ROM that suits my needs that I've found so far, I'll probably end up flashing back eventually and mess around with it more.

Back
Top Bottom