• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Rom] Kingdom Ics xFuZiionZz-4.3.2 (Updated 8/7/12)

2fast4u88

Android Enthusiast
Kingdom Ics xFuZiionZz (MULTI CARRIER INSTALL-PAINLESS!!) RELEASE 4.3.2
By: Team Invictus (2FastRoms)
(2Fast4u88, Grad, BMaae4, CookieFrog)

TEAM INVICTUS - UNCONQUERED IN KINGDOM DEVELOPMENT!

icsfuzzion.png
icsfuzzion1.png
icsfuzzion2.png
icsfuzzion3.png

WARNING: TEAM INVICTUS MEMBERS ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES TO YOUR PHONE THAT ARE A RESULT OF USING THIS ROM, FLASHING ANYTHING TO YOUR DEVICE OR DAMAGE DONE TO HARDWARE DUE TO OVER-CLOCKING, KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING....

KANGERS READ THIS-> We ask humbly that you credit us with any portions of this ROM that
you use and port. Please PM us with what you are doing and a link to your work. Also we ask that you link the original thread of this ROM which is located at:
(). We spent hours in development, editing code, testing, and re editing code. This is hard work, please appreciate at least the groundwork we have covered and give us the credit due our hard work. It is Open Source, but certain rules of conduct are in order. Have some integrity and you will earn our respect, if you choose to take our work and take the credit we will call you out on it, trust me we have taken time to "hand-print" our work....

IMPORTANT:
Before you post any issues read the whole thread to get an understanding of what this ROM
does and how to optimize the ROM for your own personal needs! Many questions can be answered
if you take the time to read....

WHAT IS THIS ROM ABOUT:
Team Invictus brings you xFuZiionZz ROM.
A Ics 4.0.3 custom ROM that is untouched, unconquered, and unparalleled in performance for your hTC Kingdom (EVO Design 4G / Hero S). This roms consists of nothing kanged from other devices. hoping it works. Including: Mods, Devices, Themes, Apps or anything else that would fall in the category. This means this is 100% kingdom firmware, besides the few apps that was missing before (Radio.Flashlight and etc...) This means ever mod or feature you see was hand done by a member of the team. This was done to reduce issues and have a 100% rom. This ROM was developed, and tested extensively before its
release. You are not our crash dummies! This ROM is simple, yet powerful while still giving you added features. The beauty is not on added apk's but in how well it performs, and installs seamlessly regardless which carrier you are on. If Eye candy is what denotes
a good ROM to you, then move along, nothing to see here!

WHAT IS MULTI CARRIER INSTALL?
A very complicated aspect of developing a ROM for the Kingdom is that our device is distributed across multi carriers. So out of the box installation is never seamless across the different carriers until now. I as in 2Fast4u88, worked hard to ensure that upon install the appropriate carrier APNs and MMS settings where properly installed on your handset. Users no longer need to manually set their apn's and mms settings by hand, we covered the installation of Boost, Sprint, and USCC carrier files. Enjoy the installation and forget if this ROM will work for your carrier because it will!

But carrier install does not stop there, specific settings not needed by certain carriers will not be installed on your phone. Example would be US Cellular customers not having 4G toggles and settings, that Sprint/Boost users will get in their install. The install chooses your appropriate carrier and installs those carrier specific settings you need.

WORKING:
Wi-Fi (No issues connecting), Bluetooth (No issues connecting), Wimax, MMS, Camera, Teathering (Should be, works on the Hero) and everything else you expect.

FEATURES (in detail descriptions below):
  • Lastest boost ics ota (1.11.653.0 OTA) (If not newest someone needs to let me know.)
  • Patched to Sprint to unlock several options. (So you will see sprint a few places, so don't worry it is just text) Thanks to Aamikam
  • Enabled hidden roaming options Thanks to Aamikam
  • Enabled hidden quicksettings: Brightness, Volume, Hotspot, Gps, Bluetooth, 4g, Mobile Network, Airplane, Auto Sync, Auto Rotation,Free Ram. Some may have been there but that is the list of all the stock ones.
  • Added 7in volume quicksetting( Tap icon to switch between volume toggles)
  • Added Flashlight Quicksetting
  • Added Advanced Power Menu with volume state toggles, screenshot, airplane on/off, mobile network. Based off j4n87's Work Modified by myself.
  • Deodex, prerooted with busybox
  • Completely debloated, you won't find any boost junk in this. If a app is missing I need to know.
  • Added multi-carrier support, as in flash and go on all 3 carriers.
  • Fixed youtube for uscc, also should increase 3g/4g speeds on boost and sprint since it isn't routed through the sprint ports.
  • 100% Battery mod
  • Enabled unlock animations since they were off by default(Aka rain, clouds, snow and etc will show on unlock depending on weather)
  • 85% Transparent app drawer(Mild but noticabled)
  • 5x5 App drawer mod, custom made for our phones. Should be happy with size and layout
  • Removed Paginated from app drawer
  • Misc build.prop enhancements
  • Disabled usb debugging icon
  • Enabled usb debugging on default so logcat and such will work.
  • Disabled all 4g for HeroS so it doesn't show. No use to the HeroS but will show for boost and sprint.
  • Lowered backlight and capacitive backlight (If to dark or something let me know)
  • Disabled mms compression unless your mms is higher then that of set in settings. This means full res images sent to others. Keep in mind some phones like the sammys will shrink the res and image to a god awful size. To test send yourself one. Settings options are: 1M stock, 2M and 5m default is set to 5m. Be warned some carriers may not accept a large mms. Thanks to Calkulin
  • Enabled volume wake (Wake via volume rocker, may prompt the volume indicator on unlock. This is a sense issue, not sure what they changed but is a bit annoying.)
  • Enabled 3d HomeScreen under settings>display (Enables tilting home screen, based on how you hold the phone)
  • Enabled font size changing under settings>display(Allows changing of text size, but isn't applied everywhere)
  • Enabled notification flash settings under settings>display(Allows you to setting what the notification blinks for)
  • Enabled screen calibration under settings>display.
  • Enabled cam shutter toggle in camera settings. Don't like the sound, you can turn it off now.
  • Enabled 2nd cam auto enhance, I don't believe it was there by default. How ever not there is toggle for it.
  • Enabled fomat choosing for videos in cam settings.
  • Enabled 2mp front cam support in camera
  • Enabled 720p recording on front cam in camera
  • Enabled Iso1250 in camera
  • Enabled zooming in panorama in camera
  • Optipng'd entire rom with latest
  • Enabled smooth scrolling Credit to AndroidON
  • Enabled wireless, bluetooth and cable tethering for all carriers. There should be no need for the wireless tether app now. How ever I can not confirm. I also believe bluetooth was disabled by default, not sure right off. Along with it isn't tested.
  • Removed input method prompt on the taskbar. Was annoying...Thanks to Master_beta
  • Added in fm radio, fm radio widget and flashlight app
  • Disabled signature checking to allow other sense 3.6 apps and /or widgets to work. Or it can be used so you don't have to sign every apk.
  • Enabled support for Block list in mms
  • Enabled support for changing apns on the fly in mms (settings>mms>connection settings)
  • Added delete all to mms (settings>mms)
  • Enabled earthquake alert in mms under settings
  • Enabled secure folder to mms
  • Enabled support for sorting mms
  • Removed htc linkify and disabled it
  • Enabled mirror app
  • Added Beats and Dolby mobile (Stock music app, in videos and even usable in poweramp) Special Thanks to Coolexe
Probably missing some things, need to go back over my list. Will do so when other features I have done is pushed.

RELEASE NOTES:
This was the initial release that was pushed to testers. Only one has given me support, the one knows who they are. So thanks to that, how ever I am still unsure of issues that may exist on the other carriers. It should be 100% stable how ever, The two things I know is ui sounds are broke in the camera (Already been fixed) and if native tethering works now.​

BUGLIST AND/OR ENHANCEMENTS:
With the release of this rom, we will be supporting bug reporting and/or features that are wanted. If you would like a feature added, keep in mind the feature needs to be able to be added some what easy and have a purpose. The one thing that is out of the question is leedroid tweaks, Instead of starting with a rom that has it and porting it like I have seen. It would have to be coded into what I have now, where in a way it isn't worth it to me. I also don't want to implement something that is going to cause issues, which it seems to be know for. So if you have a bug or feature wanted just post it. If there is a link please supply it.
  • Updating to new sprint base (Already have it and will be updated when beats and dolby is working fully.)

Special Thanks to our testers: carderrel (EVO Design 4G), Ki773n (EVO Design 4G), Doubledragon5 (EVO Design 4G), Rally 517 (Boost EVO Design 4G) Grad (Hero S), and BMaae4 (Hero S)

If I forgot to credit someone you are welcome to PM me and I will add you...

Visit [url=http://www.2fastroms.com]2FastRoms
the most complete site for EVO Design 4G and Hero S, ROMs, recoveries, kernels, Custom Splash Installers, and all else related to the Kingdom.

ENJOY - TEAM INVICTUS!

DOWNLOADS/INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS WILL BE IN THE 2ND POST :)

DOWNLOADS:
xFuZiiOnZz Home Thread = [Rom] Kingdom Ics xFuZiionZz-4.3.2 (Updated 8/7/12)

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS:
Download the above file and place it on your sd card. Reboot to cwm, select wipe data/factory reset. Go to mounts and format system. Go back to install zip from sdcard and select above downloaded file. Reboot and enjoy.

If you get issues with wifi not working or a no boot problem. Go to h-boot, select fastboot. On your pc take the boot.img supplied in the rom, put it into your sdk directory with fastboot. Open cmd/terminal and run the below command:
Code:
fastboot flash boot boot.img

CHANGE LOG:
Kingdom_xFuZiiOnZz-4.3.2:
Fixed ui sounds in camera app
Fixed forcing close issues using scene>burst in camera app
Tried to fix tethering again for boost/sprint (uscc is unaffected)
Removed Paginated from app drawer
Added htccalibrate(Used by calibrate screen in settings>display)
Enabled support for Block list in mms
Enabled support for changing apns on the fly in mms (settings>mms>connection settings)
Added delete all to mms (settings>mms)
Enabled earthquake alert in mms under settings
Enabled secure folder to mms
Enabled support for sorting mms
Enabled 2mp front cam support in camera
Enabled 720p recording on front cam in camera
Enabled Iso1250 in camera
Enabled zooming in panorama in camera
Removed htc linkify and disabled it
Enabled mirror app
Added Beats and Dolby mobile (Stock music app, in videos and even usable in poweramp) Special Thanks to Coolexe
Kingdom_xFuZiiOnZz-4.3.1:
Initial release, to many things added to add to change log.​

2fast - I am super psyched to check out this new ROM on my Design. I've been running your stock/rooted ROM for the HeroS since May. Very solid (love the retro US Cellular flash).

Just started checking around for a new ROM as I need to get 4G working for some bandwidth heavy apps and googled your name. What timing!

Looking forward to it! (BTW, my id is iwannabangsmurfette on your 2fastroms site).

Thanks for the kind words, it will be on my site some time later. How ever download link and instructions added to first post. I also added some screenshots.

Ok installed on my phone, nice work.. I wounder why I still can't access the prl menue with this or the last rom. But can on my wife phone using other roms..

Htc evo design sprint hidden prl meue. Again ##775# ##778# won't work.. I am inpressed with this rom. You guys put in a lot of work and it show.. Keep up the good work... I like changing my prl based on what location i'm in at work...

I know this doesn't have the epst that is suppose to support more functions. How ever switching prl's out isn't something I do, so I can't comment on if it works or not. After I do more testing there should be a easier way to change them.

Edit: Also can someone with sprint or boost tell me if built in tether works now?

Bravo! Well-done. I installed the ROM, all my accounts, apps and data and it works beautifully! :)

Love the face recognition security feature and looking forward to testing it out.

Gotta call Sprint tomorrow to get internet access working but very excited about this ROM. :)

Thanks 2Fast and the rest of the team. Is there a donation/beer money link I can contribute to? :D

I know this doesn't have the epst that is suppose to support more functions. How ever switching prl's out isn't something I do, so I can't comment on if it works or not. After I do more testing there should be a easier way to change them.

Edit: Also can someone with sprint or boost tell me if built in tether works now?

If your talking wifi hotspot, yes it does work.. Also I copied the epst file from one of jaaydogs rom. and put it in yours, and it works. Yes changing prl will work, depending on were your at.. On my job, I get mostly roaming as sprint doesn't have enough towers to connect to.. I have a bunch of different prl, and some are better than others..

I didn't say it wouldn't work, I said I don't mess with it. How ever glad it works and if needed I will add the modded epst in everyone is using. As for the wifi hotspot, yes that is what I meant. I was told that stock the wifi hotspot didn't work as it forwarded you to some thing saying you needed the tether package. As for uscc this isn't the case, so I basically tried to fix it blindly. If this wasn't the case then I need corrected on why people has been using the wireless tether app.

Keep in mind I'm a hero so I relay on boost/sprint users to relay things like the above to me. So maybe if I am wrong or right if more details is added to the tethering. I can mark it as fixed and working.

Edit: Forgot the donation part, there could be. How ever I am not one of the 1000's that believe in donations to make money. Hence the not plastered donation links, I used some thing from some people and some of it is by me. Where I don't think it is right to accept a donation for others work. You could donate to my forum to help with hosting, how ever I turned it off awhile back. So in turn till I feel I should accept them, I am happy if the end user is with the work. Which is the main reason I have had issues with people posting beta stuff to the public. Where I don't want people to go around having issues thinking it is me causing them. As in if it wasn't me or a team member that posted something, there is probably a very good reason for that.

you guys do not know how anxious i am to flash this. i got my evo design a couple days a ago and i put stock rom with root through hboot. i'm guessing ima need to flash cwm to get this one on my phone.

Loving the new ROM. Much more intuitive than my previous one. Face recognition is the bomb. A ton of other little things that really make life easier like percentage on the battery indicator, bigger, easier to press keys and menu. Really enjoying this ROM. :D

However, I cannot get the Sprint wifi hotspot to work or even the Android wifi tether (I enabled MSS clamping and routing fix to no avail).

For the Sprint hotspot I get a "Error code 67: Unable to establish wireless data connection." For Android Wifi Tether I get a couple errors in the log one of which is "Failed activating wireless interface."

If anyone has any idea how to resolve these errors and get wifi tether/hotspot working, please let me know! Thanks! :willy:

o4YP9.png

IWgxC.png

Loving the new ROM. Much more intuitive than my previous one. Face recognition is the bomb. A ton of other little things that really make life easier like percentage on the battery indicator, bigger, easier to press keys and menu. Really enjoying this ROM. :D

However, I cannot get the Sprint wifi hotspot to work or even the Android wifi tether (I enabled MSS clamping and routing fix to no avail).

For the Sprint hotspot I get a "Error code 67: Unable to establish wireless data connection." For Android Wifi Tether I get a couple errors in the log one of which is "Failed activating wireless interface."

If anyone has any idea how to resolve these errors and get wifi tether/hotspot working, please let me know! Thanks! :willy:
I have the same problem with the Sprint hotspot. The hotspot itself starts, however, the phone loses the mobile data connection. On the other hand, I did a restore using Titanium of my Wifi Tether and is working fine (see attached)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-08-05-12-58-33small.png
    Screenshot_2012-08-05-12-58-33small.png
    41.2 KB · Views: 170
mic not working , incoming/outgoing calls ?????? (boost) , yes i think i did put beats on it ..... sorry i forgot about that ........ now i'm on min. king .., only til this rom gets all the kinks out ,,,,awesome rom so far !!!!!!!!!! GOOD JOB GUYS ! ( FIXED ) rewiped & reinstalled !!!!!!!!!

I didn't say it wouldn't work, I said I don't mess with it. How ever glad it works and if needed I will add the modded epst in everyone is using. As for the wifi hotspot, yes that is what I meant. I was told that stock the wifi hotspot didn't work as it forwarded you to some thing saying you needed the tether package. As for uscc this isn't the case, so I basically tried to fix it blindly. If this wasn't the case then I need corrected on why people has been using the wireless tether app.

Keep in mind I'm a hero so I relay on boost/sprint users to relay things like the above to me. So maybe if I am wrong or right if more details is added to the tethering. I can mark it as fixed and working.

Edit: Forgot the donation part, there could be. How ever I am not one of the 1000's that believe in donations to make money. Hence the not plastered donation links, I used some thing from some people and some of it is by me. Where I don't think it is right to accept a donation for others work. You could donate to my forum to help with hosting, how ever I turned it off awhile back. So in turn till I feel I should accept them, I am happy if the end user is with the work. Which is the main reason I have had issues with people posting beta stuff to the public. Where I don't want people to go around having issues thinking it is me causing them. As in if it wasn't me or a team member that posted something, there is probably a very good reason for that.

I did not mean to say other wise about the epst thing. sorry if you took it that way.. And now I'm having problems with my hotspot as well. Like the other posters I now get the error 67. This rom so far is a lot better than the stock ice from sprint, that is why I did not go back to stock to install it. As I knew you would come up with a lot more functional rom... When my money situation gets better, I will be more than happy to donate for you hard work.. GOOD JOB AS USUAL...

Going to backup and try this out!! Looks nice, altho is their a way to disable screen on with volume button? My Old phone had that and was all the time wasting my batty when its in my pocket. 2 Small things would also be nice if it came with, Google Now, and second isnt that big but would be cool if it came with ScreenWakeUp its a awesome app, but guess i can install that so not really a problem. Just love how the screen will turn on when i take it out of my pocket and how the screen turns off when i put it in my pocket. I am a little crazy for pulling my phone out and quick looking and putting it back in very often lol and this saves me from pushing the button :P

once backed up I will install and test it anything need me to test(boost) yet or is it perfect :D

mic not working , incoming/outgoing calls ??????

Sounds files are untouched so there is no issue with the mic or shouldn't be. I have worked on this since the ota was posted. Where I have had no issues period. Try a full wipe and install. Then see if the mic is working, if not you may check to see if it took the kernel or not. It shouldn't affect that but not real sure either.

Going to backup and try this out!! Looks nice, altho is their a way to disable screen on with volume button? My Old phone had that and was all the time wasting my batty when its in my pocket. 2 Small things would also be nice if it came with, Google Now, and second isnt that big but would be cool if it came with ScreenWakeUp its a awesome app, but guess i can install that so not really a problem. Just love how the screen will turn on when i take it out of my pocket and how the screen turns off when i put it in my pocket. I am a little crazy for pulling my phone out and quick looking and putting it back in very often lol and this saves me from pushing the button :P

once backed up I will install and test it anything need me to test(boost) yet or is it perfect :D

Not sure how you manage to push the volume rocker with it's location in your pocket. Though I will say it is possible, as for disabling it is possible. Where I can make a zip maybe tonight for it. That or it will be removed when long press volume to skip tracks is put in. As for the apps I would put them in, how ever it isn't my thing to add a bunch of stuff that some one may not use. As if you haven't noticed this is stripped to the bare bones of anything carrier specific. Which reminds me does anyone need the voicemail app or anything that I removed?

I am on boost
For the tethering, I will need to look at it again and see if it is possible to fix it. I will either release a new version with the mods that isn't included in this. Or I will release a patch for the stuff. Keep in mind this is the testing build that I asked for testers for. So this build is behind what I have now. Which the main reason for that is due to my upload blows unless in class, then I didn't want to continue before making sure there was no issues. Hence why I posted it.

Edit: I also want to add if you flash anything over this to change or enable any aspect of the rom. Do not post saying something does not work. Instead post what you flashed over top of it that broke it. As I don't want the thread to go full of issues because of mods not made for our firmware. For example would be the beats zip file posted here. So if you find a mod that causes a issue, you are welcome to post the mod where I will see if it can be ported.

Back
Top Bottom