• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Rom] Kingdom Ics xFuZiionZz-4.3.2 (Updated 8/7/12)

About tethering, no worries we are just letting you know about it.

I have one more thing, my original ics on boost used to differentiate between evdo and 1x. This version just shows 3g when there is a connection. This kinda important for me because 1x is much slower (almost unusable most of the time) and it is good to know when I do not have evdo (3g). My prevail was that way and I had to use a notification utility. Is there any easy mod or setting change that can bring back the boost version for the data icon?

Thanks in advance, I really like this Rom so far. I wish the phone came that way. It is much faster and smooth than stock.

Not sure how you manage to push the volume rocker with it's location in your pocket. Though I will say it is possible, as for disabling it is possible. Where I can make a zip maybe tonight for it. That or it will be removed when long press volume to skip tracks is put in. As for the apps I would put them in, how ever it isn't my thing to add a bunch of stuff that some one may not use. As if you haven't noticed this is stripped to the bare bones of anything carrier specific. Which reminds me does anyone need the voicemail app or anything that I removed?

Its ok you dont need to do a zip for it, but it does get clicked when have more then one thing in my pocket but its ok dont worry about it :) I understand you are trying to keep it striped down.
Wouldn't be bad if it had the OXDM2SD, Smith 4.4, and Tell HTC removed. (I could be wrong but its something with sending info i dono).

My mic works well and no problems (boost). Haven't tried wifi tether yet.

But anyways overall everything is working well, and very fast! Thanks for this mod great job to everyone Involved!!

I have the same problem with the Sprint hotspot. The hotspot itself starts, however, the phone loses the mobile data connection. On the other hand, I did a restore using Titanium of my Wifi Tether and is working fine (see attached)

I was futzing around with the settings on the Wifi Tether and got it working by setting the "Change Setup Method" to WEXT (ad-hoc).

Kind of an odd to see the fruity little ad-hoc icon in the list of wifi access points on my Win7 machine but, heck, it's working.

:car:

ty5nw.jpg

RGCsC.jpg

About tethering, no worries we are just letting you know about it.

I have one more thing, my original ics on boost used to differentiate between evdo and 1x. This version just shows 3g when there is a connection. This kinda important for me because 1x is much slower (almost unusable most of the time) and it is good to know when I do not have evdo (3g). My prevail was that way and I had to use a notification utility. Is there any easy mod or setting change that can bring back the boost version for the data icon?

Thanks in advance, I really like this Rom so far. I wish the phone came that way. It is much faster and smooth than stock.

I actually noticed this and been wondering where this was changed at. As the first of the boost releases used evdo for the 3g icon. How ever this has the 3g icon, where I didn't change a thing for the icon. I had to guess boost changed it from people complaining about it. I can't confirm this or not right off as I didn't pay attention between when I started with the backup to making this. As for 1x I noticed I haven't seen the icon, where if I had to guess the latest has the same stupid thing with 1x as the lte. I haven't looked yet but yes it can be fixed if so, how ever it will be down the list to be added. As it is basically cosmetic in a way.

Its ok you dont need to do a zip for it, but it does get clicked when have more then one thing in my pocket but its ok dont worry about it :) I understand you are trying to keep it striped down.
Wouldn't be bad if it had the OXDM2SD, Smith 4.4, and Tell HTC removed. (I could be wrong but its something with sending info i dono).

My mic works well and no problems (boost). Haven't tried wifi tether yet.

But anyways overall everything is working well, and very fast! Thanks for this mod great job to everyone Involved!!

I can make the patch as the mod isn't that hard to do. As for the stripping it more, my goal with any of the roms is to debloat, speed and functional. Removing those apps won't really do a thing for the speed of the rom. They also aren't really bloat in my eyes as they aren't that big, along with they don't physically show. You are correct on tell htc is used on force closes and I believe if your do a batter pull or similar it is used for the prompt on the taskbar. Though right now the apps aren't bugging me really, where I would prefer more mods and not to break anything just yet. Those shouldn't break anything but just say is all. Though on another note, If I recall though not in the release notes nothing should be stored by those apps. As I have disabled a few things along the lines of system crashes and such.

Nice!
Is there any way you could make a flashable zip or provide instructions on how to keep backlight on stock default, but turn the button lights completely off?

edit:nvm figured it out

Device administration: Unknown Source won't unchecked. when I unchecked and close page and reopen it checks itself back. Not good. is there a fix for this other than that the ROM runs smooth.

Hey Good morning everyone is anyone having problems with the download ?
Mines will download but only about 217mb then stop.

Hey Good morning everyone is anyone having problems with the download ?
Mines will download but only about 217mb then stop.

Are you using your phone. Try from a different phone Web browser (I used dolphin beta successfully), keep the phone awake during the download or use a computer instead of a phone.

Are you using your phone. Try from a different phone Web browser (I used dolphin beta successfully), keep the phone awake during the download or use a computer instead of a phone.
I'm using my laptop Firefox browser and im tethering from my phone

I would advise not to move QXDM2SD it has something to do with sending picture mail.

Weird I sent a picture email yesterday with no problems, but not with gmail, but the other email client on it. But if i have problems with it I will put that back in thanks for the information!

I actually noticed this and been wondering where this was changed at. As the first of the boost releases used evdo for the 3g icon. How ever this has the 3g icon, where I didn't change a thing for the icon. I had to guess boost changed it from people complaining about it. I can't confirm this or not right off as I didn't pay attention between when I started with the backup to making this. As for 1x I noticed I haven't seen the icon, where if I had to guess the latest has the same stupid thing with 1x as the lte. I haven't looked yet but yes it can be fixed if so, how ever it will be down the list to be added. As it is basically cosmetic in a way.

Thanks. All I need a way to differentiate between 1X and 3G or EVDO. This was once of the nice features when I upgraded to the Design from the Prevail. Again, I like this ROM, it really makes the phone more usable and I do not have to disable sense in order to get some speed improvement.

Thanks. All I need a way to differentiate between 1X and 3G or EVDO. This was once of the nice features when I upgraded to the Design from the Prevail. Again, I like this ROM, it really makes the phone more usable and I do not have to disable sense in order to get some speed improvement.

The bad thing is I haven't really did much for speed yet. How ever glad you like it, the 1x will be added just have to give me time.

Then since I don't use my phone for music, the headsets I have sucks. Along with I've took the wires out of my car to plug my phone up to my system. So not sure if beats is actually working. So can someone flash this and let me know if you think it is: Useless added to rom . Logcat says it is loading everything but I can't honestly tell. The above will enable beats on headset, should on bluetooth but not sure as it isn't tested, srs and dolby mobile. It will enable for the stock music app and in videos.

The above also shouldn't cause audio issues for the mic, headset or anything like that.

I seen your post the first time, just because I didn't answer you or right away. Doesn't mean keep asking, how ever yes there is a fix for it.

I seen your post the first time, just because I didn't answer you or right away. Doesn't mean keep asking, how ever yes there is a fix for it.

No Problem! and Thanks for the response. I'll wait for the update. Just to let you know Everything work for me right out the box. Loaded Google now and the beats with no problem.

@Rally517 - I had no problems with the installation other then what i posted earlier. Mic was good and the ROM was very snappy. I did a wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache and wipe dalvik 3 times in that order before installations, then backed up ROM before adding beats and Google now....

Using 2FS kingdom CWM Recovery v5028

The bad thing is I haven't really did much for speed yet. How ever glad you like it, the 1x will be added just have to give me time.
Let me clarify, it is more of a case that it does not lag as it used to with the original firmware (before the last update; I was rooted by then, so I didn't install it). It feels smoother and that nothing is holding it back. Any changes that you may do will be bonus :) (I am just saying that because your post implies that you might do something in the future no pressure or anything).

Thanks in advance for the 1x. Take your time :)

Let me clarify, it is more of a case that it does not lag as it used to with the original firmware (before the last update; I was rooted by then, so I didn't install it). It feels smoother and that nothing is holding it back. Any changes that you may do will be bonus :) (I am just saying that because your post implies that you might do something in the future no pressure or anything).

Thanks in advance for the 1x. Take your time :)
I knew what you meant, I just don't think you clear understood me. As in the last part of future is what I was meaning :)

Battery icon is showing the wrong % is the bar... in my icon its 29% But in the Power & Battery Status its 23% :confused:
If more have the issue I will look into it, how ever right now I don't have the issue.

Back
Top Bottom