• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Lithium Mod - Source built awesomeness! Themes galore!

RRS Poll - Please Rate this ROM only if you have flashed it.

• 5 Star ROM Rating: Elite

Votes: 41 54.7%
  • 4 Star ROM Rating: Outstanding

Votes: 30 40.0%
  • 3 Star ROM Rating: Average

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • 2 Star ROM Rating: Not Ready for Primetime

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • 1 Star ROM Rating: Not Usable

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
This works great except for swype. I have reinstalled completely, including the installer yer it still does not work. If anyone finds a fix please let me know

I'd suggest you search for swype-1.56-multi-MilestoneEdition. This is an .apk file you can install with Astro and it solved my Swype issues when always switching out roms. I suppose you could also use Titanium but I know I had issues at one time even with TiBu.

Reactions: tfleming23
Upvote 0
Lithium Mod ROM Review

Initial Setup and Boot
As with any ROM, it's important to read the info and changelogs, specifically in this case because - unlike most ROM's - this one wipes your data partition. If you like installing new ROM's without a wipe, be prepared, you will lose your data, so make sure to do a Titanium backup first.

The boot was generally quick for a new ROM. I don't put much stock in the initial boot time as a measurement factor since it only happens once, but for its part Lithium seemed faster than most on my phone. Most of my apps were restored through the Market. There are a few usual suspects that never restore regardless of the ROM, so I don't hold this against it. Titanium took care of those.

Appearance and Performance
I chose the Alternate Dark theme and I have to say, it's one of the nicest looking themes I've ever used on my Droid. I'm really going to miss it when I flash another ROM. It has a very classy black look with chrome accents, and themed all of the applications I would expect it to. The lock screen is absolutely awesome looking.

Performance with the stock kernel is so-so. I used it long enough to determine that it was stable enough for everyday use. I did not encounter anything unusual with the stock kernel, but I quickly replaced it with a jdflg kernel after a bit of use.

I would give the overall performance of this ROM a 4/5. It's not the fastest I've ever used, but it is definitely speedy, and a bit ahead of the pack. Transitions are very fluid and in normal use it's (mostly) hiccup free. Quadrant scores - for those who care - are what I would expect. I routinely scored in the 1400's - just a little bit lower than what I had pulled with Succulent Desire 7.0 and the same kernel.

Features and Bugs
Like other source-built ROM's, Lithium offers several nice usability features. These are things that I normally don't care for myself, but can be very handy. The power button includes the always useful "Reboot" and "Reboot into Recovery" options, which worked flawlessly for me.

Included is an app that I am not familiar with, but found to be an extremely nice tool. "Absolute System" has options for app management, a built in file browser, live wallpaper and font changer, app2sd settings, and plenty more. The inclusion of it in the ROM by default exposed me to it for the first time and I really like it.

Battery life is generally good. I haven't noticed drastically different battery life with many of the ROM's I've used lately. With the same SetCPU profiles and speeds they all generally perform pretty closely. I found that I had the same battery life I expect based on my usage, which is sufficient for using the phone through a long day without the need to charge.

I have yet to experience any real bugs with this release. Lithium scores extremely high in both features and bugs in my book.

Conclusion
Setup 3/5 - The required data wipe could be an annoyance.

Appearance 5/5 - Alternate Dark is one of the best themes I've ever seen.

Performance 4/5 - Above average, but not leader of the pack.

Features and Bugs 5/5 - Long list of useful features and no bugs in my testing.

Overall (Not an average) 5/5 - I have to give this one a perfect score. The only real annoyance was the data wipe - which didn't personally bother me since I would have done it regardless, and did. Bugs are non-existent, features are plentiful, performance is above average, and the Alt Dark theme (which I highly recommend) is absolutely gorgeous.
I would love to keep this one around for a while.. but you know, I'm flash happy, so even the best won't do, and of course I need to keep the reviews going.

Enjoy!

Reactions: UBRocked
Upvote 0
Lithium Mod Review

Installation & Set up
Not yet in Rom Manager, so I just downloaded the zip from JRummy’s thread, wiped, then “Installed rom from SD” via Rom Manager. Installation went without a hitch, apps restored in 7 minutes. Unfortunately it did not restore some apps, those apps being: Pure Calendar, Titanium Backup, Juice Defender & Ultimate Juice, Launcher Pro and GDocs. I searched in the market for Pure Calendar and could not find it (this has been happening to a number of Froyo roms and is not an issue exclusive to Lithium Mod). Ultimate Juice was in the market but it did not indicate that I had purchased it. I restored Pure Calendar and Ultimate Juice using Titanium Backup.

Speed and Performance
I am very impressed with the performance of this 800mhz kernel. I’ve actively used the phone for about 4 hours over the last 2 days and I have not noticed a speed loss between this and my regular kernel, Chevy 1.2ulv. No slow down, maybe 2 FCs in 2 days, best word to describe it’s performance is ‘smooth’. I flashed the Chevy 1.2ulv and performance was great. Essentially, performance was the same as with the 800mhz only slightly faster. It also posted a pretty impressive Quadrant score. I gotta say, I suggest making a backup of the rom before flashing a new kernel. It runs so well with the stock kernel that you may want to stick with it. I’m considering going back to it. Overall, this rom is very fast and very stable. 5/5 in this category.I don't have battery information yet but it does not 'seem' great; comparable to CM6. I should be able to update this post with battery info by tomorrow. EDIT: Battery is definitely comparable to CM6 (which is not great). I get about the same results after averaging 2 days of use.

Stock Kernel
Short Bench: 242ms
Long Bench: 656ms
Quadrant: 1146

Chevy 1.2 ULV
Short Bench: 157ms
Long Bench: 418ms
Quadrant: 1671 (Personal Record!)

Features
Lithium Mod has some nice features, the most notable of which is the Absolute System app made by canvs2321. Screenshot below:
CAP201008011938.jpg

Lithium also allows the volume up and down to control music tracks, reboot and reboot into recovery options on power down, and if you press down on the volume with the screen unlocked the phone will go silent. This is something I appreciate very much! Oh, and it does have the DROID notification sound :D

Themes
This is a JRummy rom, and that means lots of theme options. There are at least 18 themes for this rom and its been out for about 3 days. You’re sure to find a theme you like. I suggest checking out Stewart1Champ’s Watermark’d theme. It’s full of high quality images and looks very impressive on the Droid’s screen. All around great theme!

Conclusion
Lithium Mod is a very well put together rom. I think JRummy is onto something special here. In terms of speed and stability, it is one of the best roms I have ever used! It’s also running one of the best stock kernels I’ve ever used. If these are your concerns, you gotta try this! JRummy always steps up the sexy factor with a large number of themes ready to go at launch. It does not have as many features as some of the other elite roms but the features it does incorporate work perfectly and consistently. I also have to take into account that I’ve been running Cyanogenmod for a month and that could affect my opinion. It’s important to note that, other than some apps not restoring from the market, I have not had any bugs, reboots, and barely any ‘stutter’ during transitions. Overall I highly suggest giving this rom a test spin; it may be perfect for you. I have to give this a 5/5. I personally would like to see more features but it certainly has enough to be considered one of the best. Altogether, very impressive!

Overall Rating: 5/5

Reactions: UBRocked
Upvote 0
I absolutely love this ROM. Especially with the xTheme and the Black Bar. But there are two issues I've noticed and I don't know if it's from the xTheme or the ROM itself.

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/848/calllogerror.png

Usually there is a phone symbol to the right of each entry in the call log for fast dialing. The image isn't there, but if you touch the screen in the same location it still calls them. I want the button back! lol.

and two:
http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/34/incomingcallerror.png
The answer button is all squished to one side.

Again, I don't know if this is caused by the theme (i hope not) or Lithium itself.

Anyway, good work!

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
its been reported on sever forums. it appears to be an issue with the rom itself since it even happens on the stock theme.

yeah i thought i had seen some posts about it, but i figured i'd throw a screen in for good measure. anyone else heard about the call log error i got?

Update:
if you open the phone app and go to preferences you can select "Show dial button", and it fixes the button not being there in the call logs.

Upvote 0
I switched from Kangerade 5.0.9 to Lithium Mod (Blue themed) and so far really enjoying this. They pretty much feel identical but the new Absolute System app is awesome. Biggest problem off the top of my head is that both Kangerade and Lithium both auto rotate the screen even after I turn it off in the display settings.

I may be one of the few who like to keep it off. Every time the screen turns my apps disappear for a couple seconds. Get tedious using the screen sometimes.

Upvote 0
I absolutely love this ROM. Especially with the xTheme and the Black Bar. But there are two issues I've noticed and I don't know if it's from the xTheme or the ROM itself.

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/848/calllogerror.png

Usually there is a phone symbol to the right of each entry in the call log for fast dialing. The image isn't there, but if you touch the screen in the same location it still calls them. I want the button back! lol.

and two:
http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/34/incomingcallerror.png
The answer button is all squished to one side.

Again, I don't know if this is caused by the theme (i hope not) or Lithium itself.

Anyway, good work!

To add the call button to the Call Log, follow these steps:
Go to call log - hit 'menu' button - Preferences - Under Call Log Preferences, check "show dial button".

Not sure what the second issue is, my answer slider is full, using Watermark'd theme.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I absolutely love this ROM. I got Swype to work by deleting all traces of it on my phone, then using the link in the original email I got when I signed up to get a new copy of the installer. Even restoring using Titanium backup wouldn't do the trick. But at least it's working. I'm using the Alternate Dark Theme and love the clean simple look. And this ROM is fast! I managed to get a 1208 on Quadrant running the Stock kernel. With the 1200 P3Droid kernel I'm using now I consistently get into the 1650 range.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones