• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Max SuperROM v2.7a {updated 7/10/14}

SuperR

Android Expert
Recognized Developer
DISCLAIMER: By using this ROM, you understand that only YOU are responsible for anything good or bad that may come from it.

For Boost Mobile ZTE Max only.

This ROM is ported from Warp 4G SuperROM. It uses Epic Launcher based on AOSP 4.4.2, has Xposed Framework and GravityBox module pre-installed, includes Tweaked Mms.apk, KitKat AOSP Keyboard, wifi tether, KitKat themed status bar, AOSP Lockscreen, and more. Enjoy :)

How To Install:

1. Download stormer_SuperROM_v2.7a.zip to your sdcard
  2. Reboot into PhilZ recovery
  3. MAKE A BACKUP (optional, but highly recommended)
  4. Wipe data/Factory reset
  5. Install stormer_SuperROM_v2.7a.zip from sdcard
  6. Reboot
  7. Enjoy!

NOTE: Since this ROM is unsigned, Signature Verification will need to be disabled in PhilZ recovery. This can be accomplished in the same menu as "Choose zip from sdcard". It says something like Toggle signature verification.

NOTE2: I recommend turning on Power Toggles, which gives you the notification area power widgets

NOTE3: Your device must have a custom recovery to flash ROMs. If it doesn't, please check out PhilZ Touch 6.19.2

How to use Xposed Framework:

Once the ROM is running on your device, go to your app drawer and select Xposed Installer. Click Framework, then Install/Update and give it root permission. Hit cancel when it asks you to reboot, then go back and click on Modules. Check the box next to GravityBox and reboot. Now you can open GravityBox from the app drawer and start playing around with stuff.

Change log:

v2.7a {7-10-14}
  • Fixed camera completely

v2.7 {7-9-14}
  • Fixed gesture typing
  • Fixed camera partially
  • Fixed visual voicemail

v2 {7-3-14}
  • Replaced stock music player with Apollo
  • Fixed stock browser FC's when downloading
  • Fixed Hangouts FC on initial boot
  • Replaced Google Keyboard with KitKat AOSP Keyboard. Symbols now on keys.
  • Removed Nfc from settings
  • Removed Android Beam from settings
  • Updated system apps

v1.2 {7-2-14}
  • Fixed wifi

v1.1 {6-27-14}
  • Fixed updater-script so it will flash

v1 {6-25-14}
  • Initial release

in settings under display, Saving Backlight mode (HDMI) needs to be removed as this phone does not have an HDMI output.
The Warp 4G does not have an HDMI port either. You need to use an MHL adapter. I imagine the Max has this capability. Even the Warp Sequent has it and it is quite old. Anyway, the setting stays until someone verifies the Max can't use it ;)
Also, Is it possible to add a DSP engine like beats audio or something?

I'm using viper4android right now and it works great but not all apps are supported.
I imagine it is possible since this is Android, but I have not looked into it. Possibly down the road but no promises.

I should be able to install this over 1.2 right so that I retain my current settings?

Yes, but you may need to enable AOSP keyboard if you have gotten an update for Google Keyboard since installing. That is only if you would like to use the new keyboard in the rom :)

Something is wrong with the audio. About every 30 second to a minute I hear a noise that resembles someone blowing through a straw.

Something is wrong with the audio. About every 30 second to a minute I hear a noise that resembles someone blowing through a straw.
Bummer. Is that with Viper4Android, without, or both?

edit: is that on v1.2 and v2 or just v2?

It didn't seem to be present. I watched a few shows and a movie on Netflix and didn't hear it.

I'm gonna test it with Bluetooth and see if its just through wired headphones. I use Pandora on a headphone jack in my car so lemme test it and see if its on Bluetooth as well.

Got about 2 songs in and it started doing it. Halfway through the first song I turned on viper. After the second song abruptly ended thanks to Pandora the third track came on and I can't even enable viper.

Edit: after killing apps using long press of the home button and freeing up some memory I was able to turn on viper and its not making that sound anymore. So I am thinking it is a memory issue of some sort.

Ok, which of the following are true?

1. viper fixes it
2. srs causes it
3. turning srs off fixes it with viper installed
4. turning srs off fixes it without viper installed
5. none of the above

I have uninstall viper4android and also on check SRS and I've been playing my music for 6 minutes without that weird noise but SRS was the problem

I have uninstall viper4android and also check SRS and I've been playing my music for 6 minutes without that weird noise

To clarify, are you saying you do not have viper4android installed and SRS is checked in settings?

after unchecking SRS the noise stopped. to answer your question, options 2,3,and 4 are true. I'm still testing with wired headsets though. Will post with more info if any.

Back
Top Bottom