• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Max SuperROM v2.7a {updated 7/10/14}

man that's okay I'm just happy that there is a rom for the boost max keep up the good job + camera is not a big deal to me

The camera is fine in 2.7a. I was having the green border issue in 2.0 but it's gone now. I'd say the sound issue is definitely related to SRS. It isn't present when the option is unchecked. Other than that the ROM is running great. Good job man.

The camera is fine in 2.7a. I was having the green border issue in 2.0 but it's gone now. I'd say the sound issue is definitely related to SRS. It isn't present when the option is unchecked. Other than that the ROM is running great. Good job man.

Nice. Are the photos grainy as mentioned earlier in this thread, or are they as good as the Max stock rom?

Does Visual voicemail work?

Just curious, is the 3G icon in the status bar supposed to be white or blue? Because sometimes its white, sometimes its grey and sometimes blue....

Just curious, is the 3G icon in the status bar supposed to be white or blue? Because sometimes its white, sometimes its grey and sometimes blue....

It is supposed to be white when fully connected and grey when connecting. Please post a screenshot of the blue. Thanks

Hey man after further use I've discovered the sound distortion problem still exists. I've renamed the SRS app to get rid of it but it doesn't help. I have no other audio enhancements installed. I'm gonna try wiping and re-flashing tomorrow to see if it helps.

Hey man after further use I've discovered the sound distortion problem still exists. I've renamed the SRS app to get rid of it but it doesn't help. I have no other audio enhancements installed. I'm gonna try wiping and re-flashing tomorrow to see if it helps.

Please try flashing this instead of wiping and starting over. Make a backup first :)

stormer_SuperROM_Audio_Files.zip

Wiped cache and installed that audio file pack. No issues with booting or force closes afterwards. Had audio issue one time on one app, a game, but several minutes of music and movie watching gave no issues. I'll update you tomorrow after a little more use to see if it actually worked. Thanks for quick responses even though I'm not so quick to reply.

I have learned that after rebooting and even though it is unchecked in the sound settings, the SRS enables itself so what I have been doing is enabling and then disabling it in the sound settings every time I reboot my phone.

I have learned that after rebooting and even though it is unchecked in the sound settings, the SRS enables itself so what I have been doing is enabling and then disabling it in the sound settings every time I reboot my phone.
Yeah but with renaming the SRS apk in the system folder I'm permanently disabling it. Meaning that the distortion isn't chiming from the SRS, at least not in my case

Yeah but with renaming the SRS apk in the system folder I'm permanently disabling it. Meaning that the distortion isn't chiming from the SRS, at least not in my case

You are really just disabling the srs settings, not the same thing as disabling srs. It could be coming back on even if you delete the srs settings app. I may have found a way to remove it though if the flashable I made does not fix things up for you.

OK well I didn't know that lol. I'm still getting the distortion. At first it was only on a game, but now it happens when I'm watching Netflix as well.

OK well I didn't know that lol. I'm still getting the distortion. At first it was only on a game, but now it happens when I'm watching Netflix as well.

If you re-enable the srssettings.apk, check it to turn it on, then uncheck it, do you get the distortion?

Apparently the screenshot didn't upload. So attempt number 2... 1405463985411.jpg

Back
Top Bottom