• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Max SuperROM v2.7a {updated 7/10/14}

Is there a way to just delete the SRS apk altogether? It keeps enabling itself even when I disable it in system settings.

Is there a way to just delete the SRS apk altogether? It keeps enabling itself even when I disable it in system settings.

As far as I know, the only apk related to SRS is SRSSetting.apk. You could try renaming it to SRSSetting.apk1 or something of the sort. I don't think it will remove srs but it may help somehow. If it breaks something you can always rename it back.

As far as I know, the only apk related to SRS is SRSSetting.apk. You could try renaming it to SRSSetting.apk1 or something of the sort. I don't think it will remove srs but it may help somehow. If it breaks something you can always rename it back.

Where would it be located? And how would I rename it? I'm a no0b when it comes to modifying the files in the file system. Only good at flashing lol

Where would it be located? And how would I rename it? I'm a no0b when it comes to modifying the files in the file system. Only good at flashing lol

Open Es File Explorer (included in the rom), touch the earth/phone icon in the top left corner, click tools in the side menu, scroll to Root Explorer and click the words (not the on/off), click Mount R/W, select RW for / and /system then ok, grant it root permission.

Once complete, you will need to navigate to /system/app. If you need help with this let me know. In that directory, you will find SRSSetting.apk. Touch and hold until a check mark appears to the right of it. On the bottom bar, click Rename. Put a 1 behind it so it reads SRSSetting.apk1 and click ok.

You may want to reboot after that. In the future, you will not need to do the first paragraph again. These settings will stick :)

OK I did all that just gotta reboot. Also is there a way to use the camera app that came with the stock ROM? It seems that the camera included doesn't autofocus and I'm not sure if its my phone case but there seems to be a greenish haze around the edges of pictures. Here is an example. 1404793062593.jpg

Edit: even after renaming the apk it still enables itself. :(

OK I did all that just gotta reboot. Also is there a way to use the camera app that came with the stock ROM? It seems that the camera included doesn't autofocus and I'm not sure if its my phone case but there seems to be a greenish haze around the edges of pictures. Here is an example. View attachment 72985

Here is a link to the stock Max camera. It is bundled with the gallery. If you rename Camera.apk and Gallery2.apk with a 1 after the apk just like before, and copy this one into the same directory it might work. You will also need to change the permissions of the new file. Once it is copied into /system/app, touch and hold it until the check mark shows up to the right, then click More at the bottom right and click properties. On the line that says permissions, click Change. Uncheck the entire right column, and the bottom 2 of the middle column. Click Ok, back, back, and reboot. Good luck :)

GalleryZte.apk

It seems that even after switching to the original camera it doesn't autofocus like its supposed to.

If you still have the max camera installed, try putting these files in /system/lib. You will need to unzip, copy the files to /system/lib, change permissions on both files just like before, and reboot.

max_camera_libs.zip

edit: these files already exist, so if you choose overwrite the perms will be correct automatically. If you want to be able to easily revert in case of a problem however, renaming the existing files first is a good idea.

If you still have the max camera installed, try putting these files in /system/lib. You will need to unzip, copy the files to /system/lib, change permissions on both files just like before, and reboot.

max_camera_libs.zip

edit: these files already exist, so if you choose overwrite the perms will be correct automatically. If you want to be able to easily revert in case of a problem however, renaming the existing files first is a good idea.

Did all that and still no bueno. I'm wondering if its my camera.....

Here is a new version of the rom. Made more changes with hope of fixing the camera. All the previous changes are included. I skipped a bunch of version numbers to bring it up to speed with the Warp 4G rom from which this is ported. Let me know how it goes :)

stormer_SuperROM_v2.7.zip

Back
Top Bottom