• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] [PrimoC/CDMA] : Sense 4.1 CDMA (Virgin Mobile USA Only)

Curtis1973

Android Expert
19405770.jpg

Outdated and non-functional original download can be found here.

: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1957585

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sense 4.1 CDMA:

Aroma Configuration Update And Re-Theming,Removing Options To Desense And Remove Apps,Because Only Essential Remain All Else Removed. No Need To Desense With Current Update. Rom Runs Smoothly.

New Build.prop

MMS Fix Incorporated Into Rom

WiFi Fix Incorporated Into Rom

GPS Incorporated Into Rom

GPS Off Icon Removal Mod

EVDO to 3G Icon Fix

Sensor Rotation Fix Incorporated Into Rom

Transparent Notification/EQS Area

Custom MNS/CID's

Various Status Bar Icon Enhancements

Updated Google Play

Updated SuperSu

File Manager Added By Rhythm Software

New Signal Bar Design

Custom Battery Mod

Sony Sketch Font

Stock HTC Boot Sound

Custom Bootscreens

New Wallpapers In Rom Base And In Skins

Removed GSM Related Items That Are Not Really Useful To CDMA Users

Removed HTC Upgrade,OTA,Etc Related Apps

Multi DPI (do not recommend anything below 182 dpi).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Install Instructions:

1. Do a full wipe. System,Data,Cache,Dalvik-Cache

2. Install rom then exit back to recovery.

3. Optional but recommended is to install Turbo Boost Mod Using Single Swap,Cache Settings. Although You Can Select The Other Options Also : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2145133

3. Reboot to bootloader and flash boot.img that is in the rom.

4. Reboot system and see how you like the updated rom. (Takes rom 2-4 minutes to load up..be patient.)

Screens below.

Rom Download Link : http://d-h.st/lJG

Optional Kernels

JMZ Kernel : http://d-h.st/hmJ

Sick Kernel : http://d-h.st/b6l

(If you are on a One V that has the new hboot,etc..you can use this kernel boot.img from Duir of XDA and can run the rom. Note there is a small issue with this kernel but nothing enough to not be using it if you are on the new hboot and cant run many roms.. heres the link http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2261819. If you are a member of XDA be sure to give thanks to simon and duir for the kernel.)

There will be an update to this in the near future. Currently trying to figure out why the htc mail widget fails to show. But other than that I am building into the rom as much sense 5 art,gfx,etc as possible. Here are some screens of current progress. Much left to do. May or may not mod the lockscreen. Currently using m10 editor but need to learn wtf I am doing before I attempt that. So we shall see.
We can use this on the Elite???

So I got this running, and it looks awesome. Very smooth. My only issue is my WiFi not wanting to work. It's stuck saying "Turning on WiFi"

I've flashed this ROM and done absolutely nothing else. Any ideas?

Yeah you need to flash the boot.img in fastboot for the wifi to connect,sounds like you might be running stock jmz kernel vs the one inside the rom. also i highly suggest running the turbo boot mod listed above in recovery also. use the cache swap to start off with and see how you like that setting..i think its smoking fast..but if you need a bit more just keep the mod on sdcard and reenter recovery and run through the process again and try dual or triple swap. none can harm the device. the mod is a great thing to have with sense 4.1

Yeah you need to flash the boot.img in fastboot for the wifi to connect

And how do I make that happen? Apparently putting the boot.img file on the SDcard and using "fastboot flash boot.img" isn't it.

sounds like you might be running stock jmz kernel vs the one inside the rom.

No idea. I'm a pretty big noob.

also i highly suggest running the turbo boot mod listed above in recovery also. use the cache swap to start off with and see how you like that setting..i think its smoking fast..but if you need a bit more just keep the mod on sdcard and reenter recovery and run through the process again and try dual or triple swap. none can harm the device. the mod is a great thing to have with sense 4.1

I'll try it. Don't be surprised if I have more questions.

Sounds like you need the fastboot tools. But what you will end up doing is opening a windows command prompt with the phone in fastboot mode..you can enter fastboot by entering twrp and picking reboot and the bootloader option. from the bootloader just pick fastboot with your usb cable plugged into pc. from there you will run a command prompt window and a single command to flash the boot.img to the phone then reboot. i can upload the fastboot kit i use if needed.

Heres a starter fastboot kit. I use an old win xp system because of speed. So you may need to copy your systems command prompt over if its different than xp. But other than that it should work fine.

oh and be sure the boot.img is in the same folder as fastboot,command prompt,etc...if you havent installed drivers for your phone you may want to look them up. might be on here but i havent checked honestly.

I have the fastboot tools, and I know how to boot my phone into fastboot, but I'm on Linux.

I'm just not sure of the command to use, really. I have the boot.img file already.

This is what I get when I try the command sudo fastboot flash boot.img

Code:
sudo fastboot flash boot.img
[sudo] password for user: 
unknown partition 'boot.img'
error: cannot determine image filename for 'boot.img'

Are there any bluetooth problems or 3G problems. Also how may MB of RAM are available at once. Because right now, I love my x3reme Sense v5, but when I overclock it bluetooth stops working and I have problems with data. And I never get more than 100 MB of RAM to use.

Sure can. When I am back at my pc I will edit op with link to the newer kernel over on xda. At the moment I just got myonev rc 3.0 GSM converted to cdma for private use. Works flawlessly. If I knew ckpv5 would have no issues with me posting the conversion to cdma I would. But I don't have a pernission.

Right now between 125 and 95 overhead Memory depending on what you are running. It will jump to 160+ when.you kill all in task manager and no network issues or Bluetooth thati an aware of. Never use Bluetooth so honestly have not checked it.

Just an update: I am pretty much done with any changes I want to make to this. I have decided that this build as it stands is about as good as it gets. So I dont think I will break anything that isnt broken..but keep an eye out for other things.

If anyone wants me for anything rom related,etc post to me here or in pm. Not on XDA. I am not going through their hoops just to be a regular posting member. F*ck that site.

Back
Top Bottom