• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] [PrimoC/CDMA] : Sense 4.1 CDMA (Virgin Mobile USA Only)

Said I wasnt updating this but I have made some significant changes that I think warrant replacing current build.

Rom rebuilt from scratch with new build.prop

New changes to systemui and framework

Incorporated gps location

rebuilt mns/cid's

transparent notification and eqs

a number of other changes,enough in fact to take the rom over as my own at this point.

will try to upload by the weekend.

yeah you can use sick kernel,be sure to flash it instead of copying into rom unless you copy over the modules as well. also when attempting to download an mp3,etc with stock browser it always wants to launch the streaming player which gives an error in dnlamiddlelayer but still plays...im removing the streaming player permanently next build. just use your favorite browser isntead. download system tuner on google play and uninstall the streaming player from system apps. she runs good although a bit of a battery hog.

for those that do not know how to access the eqs menu...just click the virgin mobile name tab at top of notification area..that opens the eqs panel.

If stock is better on battery, I will just run stock. I am in myonev 9.5 and the battery is great....but I have to clear my cache and dalvik every few days or my phone becomes unusable.

4+ skins on play store like holo light,reflection which is shown in screens above and a few others work with this build.

ive increased dalvik to 128 vs the 32mb im noticing in most of the sense roms..helped my performance and extends time before i need to wipe it clean. also the turbo boost mod is a must.

If I am running sic right now, can I flash It's zip without fastboot flashing the boot.IMG? I don't want to have to wait till I get home Monday to try this one!

If I am running sic right now, can I flash It's zip without fastboot flashing the boot.IMG? I don't want to have to wait till I get home Monday to try this one!

Id wait until i got home to fastboot kernel in rom,unless you have a flashable zip of sick kernel you can flash from recovery so it copies over modules.

the main thing with this or any sense above 4.0 is battery consumption. but if you use system tuner to pick what to keep from system apps and remove what you wont. it runs very well. ive tried all the kernels even stock and none really give any better battery life versus another.

as for the clear theme in screen above,hit google play and download reflection skin. there are three in the set by team virtuous.

Notice to Cricket users: Send me a copy of your framework-res.apk and build.prop file from your original sense install and I will put together something so you can use this also. send to my google mail account or if you can pm them to me here that will be fine also.

Hell of a job bro. I attempted porting amazing sense myself with multiple complete failures. You've done a much better job than I ever would have. NICE. :beer:

i appreciate that. i have taken on a second job and been absent for a bit reason for slow replies. have an update to slim bean and ckpvs myOne sense full to upload. hopefully early tomorrow morning.

I started to get into learning and practicing modding and devving a kernel for us, but then I came home to my PC @ a pawn shop..... I'll be getting it back on the 26th so I can possibly kick up a little dust if you know what I mean

a kernel so people could use a roms based on 4.1.2 would be nice. right now i think those unfortunate enough to have updated their devices are stuck with sense based kernels.

Sense and 4.2.2 as soon as I get my computer back I well develop a sense kernel that is not AOSP based so charging icon is working and no Bluetooth issues like the one -DUIR- and simonsimons34 collaborated on + in gonna make one for 4.1.2 ROMs so we can enjoy provision and slim bean

Loving this ROM so far everything is functional including the wifi hotspot, runs well battery life is good so far (two hours of moderate to heavy use still at 89%) and i have not run into a single issue so far, great job with this ROM

Back
Top Bottom