• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] [PrimoC/CDMA] : Sense 4.1 CDMA (Virgin Mobile USA Only)

Loving this ROM so far everything is functional including the wifi hotspot, runs well battery life is good so far (two hours of moderate to heavy use still at 89%) and i have not run into a single issue so far, great job with this ROM

Thanks for the info. I would like to try. And thanks for OP's effort.

1) Which kernel are you using? Can I do with just the stock kernel?
2) If I want to try the kernel, do I install the ROM 1st, then the kernel, then the boot.img? Or does order make a difference?

TIA,

bun

Thanks for the info. I would like to try. And thanks for OP's effort.

1) Which kernel are you using? Can I do with just the stock kernel?
2) If I want to try the kernel, do I install the ROM 1st, then the kernel, then the boot.img? Or does order make a difference?

TIA,

bun

just extract kernel/boot.img from the rom and fastboot flash it after installing rom.

The installation is a breeze. Thanks, Curtis. I am using the older stock kernel, not the updated one, and installed only the ROM. Everything works and very smooth. However, it does not read Chinese any more, it gave only a blank rectangle.

On the installation, you suggested wipe everything, including wipe the system,data, cache, Davlik cache. I do not know how to wipe the data. I ahve TWRP 2.0.2 installed. And during the installation, you asked to wipe everything. I check 'no', should I check 'yes'. The ROM looked very smooth, but cannot read chinese, is a deal breaker for me. Any suggestions?

TIA,

bun

to get the chinese fonts for this rom,just copy the fonts from the original blue sense gsm rom. save to sdcard and use a root enabled file explorer to copy them to system/fonts. immediately reboot. should be set. dont use much of anything else from the original blue sense,it does not work correctly.

I have the newest twrp and do a full wipe with it. If I choose full wipe in the installer it hangs on the wipe and if I choose install without wipe it hangs at writing. I've let it go for 15 minutes and nothing changes. I tried to ask on XDA but the worthless bastards want to treat you like a baby.

i appreciate you letting me know this is occuring. It could be a corrupted upload on my behalf. I will reupload it tonight if possible. Might be in the morning. Working two jobs consumes most of my time. If a fresh upload does not resolves the issue,it could be an issue with latest twrp,although i think thats unlikely. i will post when i complete a new upload.

edit: come to think of it,only one of two things could be the problem here. bad upload on my end or bad download on your end. suggest a redownload before i post another upload. one user from xda downloaded last night and reported rom was functioning for him.

It's a us cellular phone and your post says virgin only but I've run virgin roms on the phone with no trouble before. I don't use it as a phone, just a media player / boredom relief so phone radios and sms are just excess baggage to me. Would the carrier difference cause my problem.

if you are not using it for connection to u.s. cellular then i do not see why it would give you any issues. but their very well could be something. if slim bean 3.1 installed ok for you then this should as well. i will check my upload just to be sure it didnt get corrupted during upload.

just did a check on the rom. the md5's match fine so it isnt the upload. also did an install on my one v. never stalled or hung up. i believe the issue may be with how the rom is formatting the partitions for the system. there must be a difference between your one v and the vm version. its all i can think of it would be because thats where it hangs on you. im not sure if you have tried it yet or not,but use twrp to do the full wipe first. cache,dalvik,system and factory reset. then istall the rom and try full wipe. on a side note. if you are handy with root explorer,you can grab your stock roms apns-conf.xml from system/etc and i can set you up so you can use u.s. cellular at least on another rom that isnt this one.

I lost my stock backup a month ago through sheer stupidity. Popped the sd card into a windows 8 tablet and it asked if I wanted to format the card, big dummy that I am I thought I had copied the backup over to my comp so I said sure.Anyway the one problem I do have with twrp wipe is it can't wipe sd-ext,I don't seem to have that partition anywhere. I have run Slim in the past just fine so I don't know what the problem is. I also couldn't get JMZ stock odex or deodex to work but MyONEv 9.5 is running purty with sickkernel. Rhythmic also ran well but I found it somewhat annoying. Also, rerunning the installer this morning it doesn't lock up like I thought, it just completely skips writing altogether .

i think i can get the stock rom files for u.s. cellular on htcdev.com and get the files i need to upload a functional slim rom and mySense rom that will work fine on u.s. cellular service. give me a few days,and ill upload a test rom set. might do a cricket set as well while im at it. then htc one v users from virgin,cricket and u.s. cellular can use the roms. if jmz has no objections ill mod his stock deodexed so u.s. cellular users will have something to go back to. i should be able to swap in what's needed to get back a functional stock rom for u.s. users.

located your carriers ruu for some file extraction so we can get the roms working for you. will be downloading them tomorrow,maybe a final upload for u.s. cellular/cricket users by the weekend? we will see. in other words,you will have three roms for both carriers (slim bean 3.1,myOnev and a stock variant) where your messaging and data works as should.

the way these restores work on the virgin mobile side is fairly simple. relock bootloader,move zip to root of sdcard,reboot phone into hboot,phone will detect the pk76img.zip and ask you if you want to update,pick your choice and let it do its thing. now if i recall correctly it restores stock rom,stock recovery and unroots the device. in order to regain root youll need to repeat unlock bootloader process and reinstall a recovery and rooted rom.

its not an ruu,its pretty much a factory restore. pk76img.zip located at link below. im not going to use but elements from it incorporated into a current virgin mobile rom set. the reason i dont just use it is because of the radio. you could restore device with it but not knowing if its based on original radio or updated radio may cause issues.HTC One V Stock Firmware - Android Development - TeamUSCellular

just getting around to this today,will attempt to build a few roms using what i need from this the next couple of days so u.s. cellular users can use the roms with messaging,etc. also going to update a few things on the vm side also. after that i am moving to another device,not sure which yet..toss up between the optimus f3( i said i wouldnt bother with LG again..but i lied..lmao) or maybe the galaxy reverb..dont know yet.

should not be getting any wifi error. do you have a stable wifi connection at home you can access? or are you trying to connect to an outside wifi connection like a neighbor or open signal? does the wifi tab say turning on and never does,exactly what is the error message you are getting?

let me ask you this to make it simple. are you able to make a wifi connection? or do you get "wifi connecting" and it never does in the roms system panel?

get the jmz ics kernel zip from original post link and flash it in recovery then reboot. should fix your wifi. ill fix the roms modules shortly.

edit: anyone downloading, be sure to flash either the jmz or sick kernel packages linked on original post to resolve wifi issues. i need to correct the roms modules and will post fixed link when i have time.

hmm. thats odd. going to have to see what the h*ll is wrong with it. ill get back to you. in the meantime try the sick kernel package. i have some repair work to do on this one it would seem.

edit: be sure you fastboot flash the boot.img in the kernel package after flashing the package in recovery. (this s-on sh*t just makes for more steps on this damned phone)

Back
Top Bottom