• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[ROM] SpaceROM (4.0.4) [UCLE2] v2.5.4 Released!

SpaceROM--Galaxy S2 SGH-T989 (T-Mobile)
The Next Generation ROM

This ROM is a PORT OF A PORT!

This ROM is an AOSP Themed ROM, not AOSP based. It is running the latest 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich. It is DEBLOATED....FAST AND SLEEK! I am releasing updates every day/week. A final release will be issued within 3 months. Make sure you do a FULL Wipe when installing this ROM...DARKSIDE WIPE RECOMMENDED!!! (Instructions on how to install at bottom of post)

JALStudios
tim45255

*Calling (No Wifi Calls)
*Bluetooth
*GPS (FULLY WORKING)
*MMS
*SMS
*WIFI
*Data (4g, 3g, and EDGE)
*AOSP Theme (Apex Launcher with AOSP icons)
*Custom Data Icon
*Custom Bootanimation
*Custom Bootanimation Support (You can add your own bootanimation)
*AOSP Lockscreen
*4.0.4 ICS
*ROM Manager
*Titaniumbackup (Update v2.5 ONLY) (Removed due to some Force Closes)
*No-Frills CPU (Update v2.5 ONLY) (Removed due to some Force Closes)
*EspierLauncher HD (Update v2.5 ONLY) (Removed due to some Force Closes)
*build.prop Modifications (For Better Battery Life)
*Zipaligned APK Files (More RAM Available)
*NO ECHO CALLS!!!!
*UCLE2 Baseband (At&t Skyrocket Port)
*Touchwiz Widgets
*AOSP Widgets
*Data Toggle (In Dock)
*Wifi Toggle (In Dock)
*V6 Supercharger (Improves Battery Life)
*Full Game Support
*And Much MORE!

v2.5.4-OverClock kernel added (Experimental Build) FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK!!
v2.5.1-Removed .apk files that were Force Closing (titaniumbackup.apk and nofrills.apk) (also improved battery life)
v2.5---Added Espierlauncherhd.apk (For iPhone theme If you want it) and fixed Titaniumbackup.apk (Moved it to system/apps)
v2.4.7-Added MXPlayer.apk (Fixed Video Player Error)
v2.4.3-Added NoFrillsCPU.apk (For CPU Control) **NO OVERCLOCKING YET** :(
v2.4---Added ROMmanager.apk and Live Wallpapers (Asked For by A Lot Of People)
v2.3.9-Changed bootanimation.zip (New Boot Screen) **AND NOW FASTER DOWNLOAD LINKS**
v2.3.5-Added Titaniumbackup.apk (For Easy Back-Up and Restore after Flashes)
v2.3.1-Minor Updates (Zipaligned Apk Files For More RAM and Fixed Small Bugs)
v2.3---Debloated (Removed Un-Wanted Apps)
v2.0---First Working RELEASE! (Fixed Flashing Problem)
v1.0---Initial Release (May Not Flash Correctly On Some SGH-T989 Devices) (FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK)

Vibration May Be Low
Some Force Closes
Reboot Problem (If You Try To Reboot It Will Lock Up) (Flash Darkside Cache Wipe To Fix)
Some Phones May Encounter Auto-Rotation Glitch (Flash The Fix If Needed)

v.2.5.4- SpaceROMv2.5.4 (NEWEST UPDATE)(Experimental Build)
v2.5.1- SpaceROMv2.5.1 (MOST STABLE)
v2.5- SpaceROMv2.5
v2.4.7- SpaceROMv2.4.7
v2.4.3- SpaceROMv2.4.3
v2.4-- SpaceROMv2.4
v2.3.9- SpaceROMv2.3.9
v2.3.5- SpaceROMv2.3.5
v2.3.1- SpaceROMv2.3.1
v2.3-- SpaceROMv2.3
v2.0-- SpaceROMv2.0
v1.0-- SpaceROMv1.0

Step 1- Wipe Data/Factory Reset (Darkside Wipe Recommended)[Link Below]
Step 2- Wipe Cache Partition
Step 3- Wipe Dalvik Cache
Step 4- Flash the ROM
Step 5- Flash ICS Radio (Only If Needed)
Step 6- Flash Darkside Cache Wipe (Fixes Reboot Problem)[Link Below]
Step 7- Fix Permissions
Step 8- Reboot to System

Darkside Super Wipe-- CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD

Darkside Cache Wipe (For Reboot Problem)-- CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD

KID ICS Radio-- Kid ICS CLICK HERE

VK1 ICS Radio-- VK1 ICS CLICK HERE

LDE ICS Radio-- LDE ICS CLICK HERE

This ROM is built from PORT! Please help me make this ROM better by flashing it to your Galaxy S2 (T-Mobile) and leaving feedback! Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Please Help Me Out And Like My Android Development Facebook Page-- https://www.facebook.com/DevelopmentAndroid

My thread over at androidforums: http://androidforums.com/galaxy-s2-...m-spacerom-ics-v2-3-released.html#post4593931

PLEASE RATE THIS 5 STARS IF YOU LIKE THIS ROM! IT WILL HELP A LOT!!!!!!

The flash is now FIXED! After weeks and weeks of work on this ROM there is now a flash-able release! Go ahead and flash the v2.0 to your Galaxy S2 (T-Mobile) devices and ENJOY!

Thanks for the ROM, very speedy and fluid thus far. My issue is that I can't playback video recording. Get error when attempting to play from Gallery "Unable to play video". And when playing from stock camera app, get error "Video file invalid or not found". Only affecting video, camera works fine. I renamed my DCIM folder to .old so a new one can be created and this did not fix the problem. Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the ROM, very speedy and fluid thus far. My issue is that I can't playback video recording. Get error when attempting to play from Gallery "Unable to play video". And when playing from stock camera app, get error "Video file invalid or not found". Only affecting video, camera works fine. I renamed my DCIM folder to .old so a new one can be created and this did not fix the problem. Thanks in advance.
Well I have another update coming out today (2.3.9) it will be posted on XDA before Android Forums! So in the upcoming updates I will try and fix that. But I have never heard of that problem. You could just go ahead and try re-flashing again! And try using the DarkSide Wipe!

I have a quick question - I installed space rom and I have to say I really like it. It is smooth goodness which was definatelly not in 4.0.3 the only thing is when I installed the rom the first time it was showing invalid sim. What I did the second time around was I wiped everything but with darkside wipe and cash wipe but before installing space rom I installed the radio I used for 4.0.3 darkside rom. Now my phone is working and it has data and as I said really good. The only problem is that it gets kinna warm on the back right next to the camera and the battery life seems to be going down quite a bit - I was arranging my icons on my home screens and it went down like 6 percent so I dont quite understand. Brightness is at it's lowest as when I am in the battery stats it shows that 36 percent of the whole battery was used by the screen! Is this normal or is it the problem with the raido which I installed - should I have installed any different radio and do you think that will resolve it?

The radio I used was Tmo UVLC8 ICS MODIFIED RADIO

I seem to also be running into another problem as when I walk into my house my data turns off and it says that I am out of my network and my roaming is not enabled. Usually when I turn on the roaming it switches the 4g back on. I have 10 mb/s speed on t-mobile radio at home with perfect coverage. Is there any way to fix that because it seems very pecular?

I have a quick question - I installed space rom and I have to say I really like it. It is smooth goodness which was definatelly not in 4.0.3 the only thing is when I installed the rom the first time it was showing invalid sim. What I did the second time around was I wiped everything but with darkside wipe and cash wipe but before installing space rom I installed the radio I used for 4.0.3 darkside rom. Now my phone is working and it has data and as I said really good. The only problem is that it gets kinna warm on the back right next to the camera and the battery life seems to be going down quite a bit - I was arranging my icons on my home screens and it went down like 6 percent so I dont quite understand. Brightness is at it's lowest as when I am in the battery stats it shows that 36 percent of the whole battery was used by the screen! Is this normal or is it the problem with the raido which I installed - should I have installed any different radio and do you think that will resolve it?

The radio I used was Tmo UVLC8 ICS MODIFIED RADIO

I seem to also be running into another problem as when I walk into my house my data turns off and it says that I am out of my network and my roaming is not enabled. Usually when I turn on the roaming it switches the 4g back on. I have 10 mb/s speed on t-mobile radio at home with perfect coverage. Is there any way to fix that because it seems very pecular?
Most likely the problem with the Over-heating and battery draining fast is because of the Radio you are using. Make sure that you use a 4.0.4 radio! I recommend one of the Darkside 4.0.4 radios (there are 3 of them). I haven't flashed a radio with mine and it works just fine. Over on XDA (thread link at bottom of 1st post) everyone is liking the battery life so it has to be something wrong with the radio.

I seem to have figured out all of the problems. They were really my fault - the reason I need to flash a radio was because I was using the darkside rom and there was some kind of incompatibility with the radio. The warm and the battery problem was probably due to that because when I flashed stock ICS it had no problems. I also figured out my problem with facebook contact pictures not downloading so now it is even better.

What I basically did today is took my phone to stock ICS than installed CWM and from there followed your directions to the T . After that what do you know fully functioning 4.0.4 that looks just sweet. I love the rom and it looks like it will be on my phone to stay. I think the only minor problem that I am encountering every now and than is an app hang where I would try to do something in the app my screen will go black (with back light working) and it will go back to the home screen after 10 seconds. This is very few times and it is really much better than stock ICS waiting 10 minutes for application to launch!!!

I have no force closes and I just really enjoy it so just great - oh and by the way I am also on the latest version - I grabbed it from XDA :-)

I seem to have figured out all of the problems. They were really my fault - the reason I need to flash a radio was because I was using the darkside rom and there was some kind of incompatibility with the radio. The warm and the battery problem was probably due to that because when I flashed stock ICS it had no problems. I also figured out my problem with facebook contact pictures not downloading so now it is even better.

What I basically did today is took my phone to stock ICS than installed CWM and from there followed your directions to the T . After that what do you know fully functioning 4.0.4 that looks just sweet. I love the rom and it looks like it will be on my phone to stay. I think the only minor problem that I am encountering every now and than is an app hang where I would try to do something in the app my screen will go black (with back light working) and it will go back to the home screen after 10 seconds. This is very few times and it is really much better than stock ICS waiting 10 minutes for application to launch!!!

I have no force closes and I just really enjoy it so just great - oh and by the way I am also on the latest version - I grabbed it from XDA :-)
Glad it is working good on your device! I have a OC/UV update coming out soon. I am having problems getting the Data/Signal to work. So that means no 4g, texting, or calls. But wifi works great and OVERCLOCKING WORKS GREAT!!! 1.78 GHZ MAX!

Back
Top Bottom