• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root {ROM} Stock B13 Update

For those who are running my TweakNation ROM, i already have a completed build and i'm just testing it for the rest of the week to see how it performs. If all is well which it should be, you'll see the OTA On Friday or possibly earlier.

Had to fotakill the update until changes are known and logged, lol.

EDIT: :eek: FOTAkill does NOT work on b11! And yes, I did put it into system/app...:banghead:

What are changes from B11??

Just did a quick /system directory diff between b11 and b13. Here are the differences:
Code:
[B]ONLY IN B11[/B]
/system/app/LatinImeDictionaryPack.apk
/system/etc/permissions/android.hardware.telephony.gsm.xml
/system/lib/libgcomm_jni.so
/system/lib/libgoogle_recognizer_jni.so
/system/lib/libvideochat_stabilize.so

[B]ONLY IN B13[/B]
/system/app/Mi-Power.apk
/system/app/Mi-Power.odex
/system/app/NotesPad.apk
/system/app/NotesPad.odex
/system/app/TaskManager.apk
/system/app/TaskManager.odex
/system/lib/libgoogle_recognizer_jni_l.so
/system/lib/libplus_jni_v8.so
/system/lib/librs.antblur_constant.so
/system/lib/librs.antblur_drama.so
/system/lib/librs.antblur.so
/system/lib/librs.drama.so
/system/lib/librs.film_base.so
/system/lib/librs.fixedframe.so
/system/lib/librs.grey.so
/system/lib/librs.image_wrapper.so
/system/lib/librsjni.so
/system/lib/librs.retrolux.so
/system/lib/libRSSupport.so
/system/lib/libvcdecoder_jni.so
/system/lib/libwebp_android.so
/system/vendor/lib/libdrmdecrypt.so

Just did a quick /system directory diff between b11 and b13. Here are the differences:

Yup, under the hood crap lol. One question, does your sequent show boost mobile in the notification drop down??? i activated my sequent on my moms account since its now hers and when i went to the rooted phone running TweakNation 2.1. I went to settings then System updates option then selected update profile. Once thats done the phone should realize that the account has changed and get everything that it needs from the carrier. From there it ask to reboot. While booting it booted into CWM but then showed like it was updating from Stock Recovery. it didnt show any text just the android guy and the loading bar. it rebooted and i found a boost app in the app drawer that was certainly not their before and it now says boost mobile in the notification dropdown right above the close on handle. THATS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE lol. other than that yeah its still rooted and running 2.1 TweakNation. think this b13 update had a play in what it did. It shouldnt have booted into recovery to do anything trust me i've done profile updates on phones hundreds of times and this is the first something like this has happened. It should of just rebooted with the changed # number and account info.

Yup, under the hood crap lol. One question, does your sequent show boost mobile in the notification drop down??? i activated my sequent on my moms account since its now hers and when i went to the rooted phone running TweakNation 2.1. I went to settings then System updates option then selected update profile. Once thats done the phone should realize that the account has changed and get everything that it needs from the carrier. From there it ask to reboot. While booting it booted into CWM but then showed like it was updating from Stock Recovery. it didnt show any text just the android guy and the loading bar. it rebooted and i found a boost app in the app drawer that was certainly not their before and it now says boost mobile in the notification dropdown right above the close on handle. THATS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE lol. other than that yeah its still rooted and running 2.1 TweakNation. think this b13 update had a play in what it did. It shouldnt have booted into recovery to do anything trust me i've done profile updates on phones hundreds of times and this is the first something like this has happened. It should of just rebooted with the changed # number and account info.

When I first flashed the b13 update, my mms did not work. I had already installed cwm and did exactly what you said, updated profile. The same thing happened, rebooted, flashed cwm on screen for a second, did some updating like stock recovery, then rebooted. I also now have boost mobile on my notification tray.

Before I updated profile I noticed there were no files in my carrier partition. After updating profile they were there. It is flashing things from recovery for sure...just not sure what all it is flashing besides /carrier. Additionally, I used the aosp 4.1 boot animation in SuperROM. After updating profile I had the zte boot animation and it is not in /system/media or /carrier.

When I first flashed the b13 update, my mms did not work. I had already installed cwm and did exactly what you said, updated profile. The same thing happened, rebooted, flashed cwm on screen for a second, did some updating like stock recovery, then rebooted. I also now have boost mobile on my notification tray.

Before I updated profile I noticed there were no files in my carrier partition. After updating profile they were there. It is flashing things from recovery for sure...just not sure what all it is flashing besides /carrier. Additionally, I used the aosp 4.1 boot animation in SuperROM. After updating profile I had the zte boot animation and it is not in /system/media or /carrier.

Mind Blowned 0_0. I havent looked in /carrier yet but on the F7 it had the boost mobile trademark on the notification close on handle and lockscreen. then i went to /carrier/properties or property not sure which one it says lol. then opened the file ro.cdma.home.operator.alpha and saw boost mobile in it. changed the text to something else and rebooted and it no longer shows boost mobile on the screen lol it says the text that i changed it to. Not sure if it will be the same case for the Sequent. just when we think we got ZTE and boost in our hands they turn around and pull the new crap on us lol.

That file for us is /carrier/Customization/Chameleon.prop and it works :)

edit: we can flash that one...nothing personal in it. If memory serves, /carrier is mmcblk0p16

Anyone remember that pic of a B21 software with a root/unroot option?
esa4u2um.jpg

Now we know what phone it went to..

Back
Top Bottom