• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Rom] [Stock] Jelly Bean 4.1.2 (M040)

This thread should be moved from "All things root" since the ROM is not rooted and the only requirement for installing is CWM, but not root.

What phone do you use, is it CA-201L or C811?
Did you install it via CWM?
Have you performed factory reset and clear cache and dalvik cache after installing?
i install via CWM
i was factory reset and clear cache, davik cache, then i install zip file, after, i choose reboot now.
my phone bootlop at nowloading screen. please help me :)

I'm going to have to wait til the bugs that you all are talking about are fixed before updating. :(

These seem like bugs of the original update, not a result of my repackaging.
They can be fixed by new OTA update.

i install via CWM
i was factory reset and clear cache, davik cache, then i install zip file, after, i choose reboot now.
my phone bootlop at nowloading screen. please help me :)

If you use CA-201L try flashing this.
Can't tell if it helps though.

Doctoror, I'm a GSM (At&T Straight Talk) user. Will I still be able to access my APN settings and use WiFi? Thanks. :)

Doc,

think you can get a minute to hit me up about that zip file i ran, id like to un do it, there has got to be a way for me to put what i erased back, maybe get my lock screen working again.

Hi,

You download folder here, and run cmd as administrator, you are using command cd to change dir to this folder, and you run command adb reboot recovery, I'm hope your phone boot to recovery
thank you for your help :D
your link not set permission for all
are you from VietNam? :D. i have your folder but my phone still bootlop :(

Doctoror, I'm a GSM (At&T Straight Talk) user. Will I still be able to access my APN settings and use WiFi? Thanks. :)

Wi-Fi works after triggering airplane mode.
APN settings can be set with Offline SIM APN app.
I don't know what Straight Talk is and whether it works.

Doc,

think you can get a minute to hit me up about that zip file i ran, id like to un do it, there has got to be a way for me to put what i erased back, maybe get my lock screen working again.

That zip file should have copied images of ROM into Internal Storage.
I still don't know how could it break anything unless you ran in with Flashify, but if that was the case that should have resulted only in bootloops. But your symptoms are like WTF. I don't know what the heck happened with you. :(

thank you, but my phone was bootlop and NO RECOVERY. when i push power, my phone stop at now loading screen. my PC detected driver :
please tell me how to fix my phone. thank you very much !

Yes, follow nobitapr's instructions.
Install adb if it's not installed yet.
Connect your phone to a PC and just after the phone powers on, execute
Code:
adb reboot recovery
In cmd.exe as ran as Administrator.

That should get you booted into recovery.
After this, try flashing the file I provided and then my ROM.
If it would not work, the only idea that left is to roll back to Korean initialization_410_tool.. It should work 100% for CA-201L users. But it will flash 4.0.4 ROM.

Hi,

You download folder here

What is this "unlock bootloader" thing used for? Do you need to unlock bootloader in order to be able to flash anything to CA-201L?

i did run it with flashify, and it caused a boot loop, untill i did stock recovery, and came back to me bastard rom, missing a ton of things i had replaced and removed with titanium backup, (my backups were on (sdcard) and i thought that was okay, but the stock recovery formatted it being internal storage, and i was left with no backups, ive recovered backup apks from xmguys nandroid stock rooted, and rjglen sent me some

but i still cant get my camera, or lock screen back

if teh zip was supposed to pull data and instead inserted null data to my rom, could someone send me the images , and i could put them back?

i try your advice but, cmd : " error : devoces, not found "
picture :
You are doing it almost correct, but I see that daemon is restarted on the screenshot. adb devices will show you a list if it catches it before it was rebooted.
Try do to it phew times. For second time deamon will be already running and you could probably make it execute fast enough before it rebooted again. They key is to execute "adb reboot recovery" just after the adb loaded on device, and before it rebooted again.
If you'll fail, go to someone that has JTag (a service center, for example) and give him the zip to flash, they can recover from such situations.

Hi Doctoror
Can you instructions on how to fix 1 error bars on CA201L used 4.1.2 ???

No, I don't own CA-201L and don't know how to fix anything on that device.

ringkai - that is a known issue that probably won't be resolved. It appears that the way verizon handles ussd codes is encoded into the firmware, somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom