• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Rom] [Stock] Jelly Bean 4.1.2 (M040)

Do you mean baseband or modem?
I am using baseband M040, when I try change to 410 and 470, my phone lose network..any idea?
How I can back to my stock CA201L. I try flasing initial Ca201L_410 but still detected on my pc as Casio Commando Gzone 4G. (this bug from JTAG recovery) because when I try flashing to other rom, baseband not changed, I must flashing again for baseband

Do you mean baseband or modem?
I am using baseband M040, when I try change to 410 and 470, my phone lose network..any idea?
How I can back to my stock CA201L. I try flasing initial Ca201L_410 but still detected on my pc as Casio Commando Gzone 4G

modem.img is called baseband.
If you need to revert back to CA-201L ones, flash

baseband 470
modemst

Thanks, I only flashing baseband. Last time flashing modemst C811 when my phone always bootloop

1. If your phone are working normal and you want to revert back to baseband 470 from M040 or M050 first flash modemst.zip then second flash baseband 470.
Or by another way just flash only this SpecialBaseband_470.zip that I have combined here:
https://app.box.com/s/zuxfb9jupkwka4sq1cmf
Reboot and after that it will work nomally with baseband 470.
2. If your phone is lost IMEI and network follow that
- reboot to CWM wipe cache, data/factory reset, dalvik-cache format cache, data, system, sdcard
- flash modemst.zip
- then flash Initialization_410_Tool.zip
- wipe again and reboot!
You will go back to stockCA201L.
I have tested several times and many my friends successed with that method.

Hi, i know i am probably posting in the wrong place but here goes :

I have the Casio CA201L and have installed a custom ROM (i have backups of the original roms so this is not an issue). The custom rom can be found here : http : // forum.xda-developers . com/ showthread.php?t=2376393 .
The problem is that with the original ROM the battery drain on this phone is mind blowing, but with this custom ROM (after fixing wifi with wifi fix app from play store) i found just one more problem - camera does not work at all (app states that it cannot connect/open the camera). I guess this may be due to faulty drivers in the new ROM since it is the modified Verizon rom version of C811. My question is : is there any way that i can "import"/"install" the camera app and/or drivers from the original rom into this custom ROM ? The battery live is really extended with like 30% wich makes me not carry the second battery around with me during the day, but i often use the camera to scan documents so that is a deal breaker (never cared much about the faulty sms since i almost never use it and in the worse case scenario i would probably use whatsapp or facebook anyway).

Hope u can provide me with an answer other than "u have to revert back to stock rom" :D

NEW INFO - using System Info Droid (or Terminal Emulator listing devices) Camera is not listed (camera in SysInfoDroid is not listed at all and in terminal there doesn't seem to be a camera device) - so i guess the camera driver is not installed properly or the camera is slightly diffrent on CA201L than on C811 (i have CA201L but with this ROM it detects it as C811)

Anyone working on this ? Or at least gimme a few tips or pointers as in where to start ? How do i get the camera HW ID off my phone and how can i import drivers from one System to another. I know drivers are located somewhere in /system/libs.
I am a programmer (javascrip unfortunatley so android is kinda tricky for me :( ) but maybe i can fix this if i try hard enough. It is not like building a driver from scratch and after all it is LINUX wich is awesome and very flexible.

What i done now : I imported the libraries for camera from the previous rom i had installed where camera worked. I made sure i grabbed all of them and replaced them in this ROM. After rebood on android app update phone crashes and reboots -> reboot loop (i wasn't expecting this to work anyway since it most likely has some other dependencies in kernel). I will keep researching this issue and hopefully i will find a fix for this. Any help would be much apreciated.

I've tried to play around with Camera support on CA-201L, but without baseband M050 it doesn't work. So you should go for the C811 baseband I guess.

I have Installed M040 version, Everything works well except g'zWorld..
every time I open it and open Tab setting and or I will Pick picture using g'zWorld this aplication always restart. What happen with my Handheld, Can anyone help me...????

I have Installed M040 version, Everything works well except g'zWorld..
every time I open it and open Tab setting and or I will Pick picture using g'zWorld this aplication always restart. What happen with my Handheld, Can anyone help me...????

Have you done factory reset and cache wipe?
And how about upgrading to M050?

Good morning,
I have the same issues to set the APN... how it is possible to fix it? It's Verizon firmware with 201L.

Kindly,

Good morning,
I have the same issues to set the APN... how it is possible to fix it? It's Verizon firmware with 201L.
Kindly,

In order to set APN, install Offline SIM APN Database, and convert it to system app using Titanium Backup or any other tool that can do it.
After that, launch and save the APN settings using the app.
It will show a warning that it may fail but it won't (because you converted it to system app previously).

In order to set APN, install Offline SIM APN Database, and convert it to system app using Titanium Backup or any other tool that can do it.
After that, launch and save the APN settings using the app.
It will show a warning that it may fail but it won't (because you converted it to system app previously).
Doctoror, you are the man! I added the new APN setting but it doesn't work... when I add it the application notify it's a ICS version and I should copy/paste the setting in a new profile in the Android APN Setting. But in the Verizon firmware I am not able to do that. What's the fix?

Cheers

Doctoror, you are the man! I added the new APN setting but it doesn't work... when I add it the application notify it's a ICS version and I should copy/paste the setting in a new profile in the Android APN Setting. But in the Verizon firmware I am not able to do that. What's the fix?

Cheers

After you converted it to system app, use "Add these settings" and it will prompt if you want to try anyway, then after pressing "Yes" it should do it.

After you converted it to system app, use "Add these settings" and it will prompt if you want to try anyway, then after pressing "Yes" it should do it.
Good morning,
thank you, I can see the new profile in the APN setting but it doesn't work. It is for sure applied in that way? How can I check if it is not a problem of my firmware? Did you suggest to keep that version from Verizon? It's great looking and fast as I see...

p.s: another question... there's any trick for the GPS Maps to use for the trip?

Good morning,
thank you, I can see the new profile in the APN setting but it doesn't work. It is for sure applied in that way? How can I check if it is not a problem of my firmware? Did you suggest to keep that version from Verizon? It's great looking and fast as I see...

p.s: another question... there's any trick for the GPS Maps to use for the trip?

Go to settings -> under Wireless and Networks choose "More..." -> Mobile Networks.
If it properly set up you should see it in the list like in the screenshot attached.

Regarding the GPS problem, I remember someone posted strange workaround for this and it worked for me too.

If I remember correctly, you should do the following.
Install GPS Status
- Go to phone's location settings menu, disable all sources.
- WiFi should be enabled
- Launch GPS status
- Go to location settings and enable WZW
- Go back to the GPS status app
- Go to location settings and enable GPS settings
- Go back to GPS status app and in phew minutes it should work.

Attachments

• APN settings.jpg
    APN settings.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 153
Hello, I have a CA201L with the C811 M040 Rom installed, but my activated SIM card does nothing for me, its in the USA with a Straight Talk SIM card, any ideas? I imagine it has to do with the APN settings.

First of all hello to everyone ... I screwed with my super G'zOne Commando. I live in Italy, and I have to say that the G'zOne is not well adapted to our network, type text messages do not work, at every reboot I have to reset the time ... small problems, but nothing serious ... but I wanted to that my phone worked perfectly. The other day I decided to make the move to C811. But instead of improving the phone, I totally ruined: not working camera, wi-fi, the hot-spot ... then I tried to install another baseband as he put a forum to solve problems, and now the phone will not turn on anymore ... it freezes on the verizon screen and does not go forward, but the worst thing is that I can not get into recovery ... I urgently need your help to know what should I do to solve the problema.io I would like to put the phone in the original version ... but how can I do if I no longer get into recovery? help me please

it not work in my phone :(
Hello everyone ... congratulations guys, you're just strong .. I'm supposed to have the same problem lehoanghiep_1112. my phone is stuck on booting .. I am following the advice of Doctor, but have not been able yet to unlock it. After installing adb I tried to give the command adb reboot recovery but the system says that I can not find any display device. in fact going in the device manager of windows 7 I see that it does not recognize my phone .. says Android with a yellow signal !. What am I missing? I skipped that step? maybe I need a driver? Unfortunately, I read the forum through Google translation, and some passages I could not understand ... I read that you put a password, but that password you speak? if you will help me I shall be grateful .. hello everyone!

Hello everyone ... congratulations guys, you're just strong .. I'm supposed to have the same problem lehoanghiep_1112. my phone is stuck on booting .. I am following the advice of Doctor, but have not been able yet to unlock it. After installing adb I tried to give the command adb reboot recovery but the system says that I can not find any display device. in fact going in the device manager of windows 7 I see that it does not recognize my phone .. says Android with a yellow signal !. What am I missing? I skipped that step? maybe I need a driver? Unfortunately, I read the forum through Google translation, and some passages I could not understand ... I read that you put a password, but that password you speak? if you will help me I shall be grateful .. hello everyone!

I am a new user to this forum.I got a casio set with android version 4.0.4
and baseband version

M8960A-1.5.38_C811M050

and in model number it shows "G'zone" only

but the problem i am facing is that when ever i open any of the G'zone aps like

Thermometer,Barometer etc it does not update my local present location and always shows

"updating GPS" but it never happened.

Secondly it shows only a single bar for signal strength although working perfectly but i want full signal display...........

Plz advise me what to do as i am not much familiar with rooting etc type things so please advise an easy way..?????????????

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom