• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Team Nocturnals Xplod E4G RLS1.2 (10-27-2011)

I have a question about this Rom. I haven't been on it since ver 1.2 I think. With that one you needed to get rid of the a2sd function with Terminal Emulator. Is this still true?

So, I have flashed this again, and found that the Rom does a2sd out of the gate. Does anyone know how I can eliminate that? I tried going into Terminal Emulator typed su, enter, a2sd, enter and it said it couldn't do it.

I then dl'ed an app from the market and looked in Titanium Backup to see where iot went and it shows that apps are going to the SD ext on my partitioned SD card.

Is it possible to turn off the a2sd function?

Thanks
Naters

Upvote 0
Well, I was never able to get the previous Rom to load properly. I tried changing the a2sd permissions but it wouldn't work. I could load the rom but I was never able to load an App without it rebooting.

Changing the application setting in Xplod didn't help either.

But I've dl'ed the new version and also the new Apps package that they say is needed. Maybe the next one will be able to load, set up, Nnadroid, and then flash into Boot manager.

Naters

Upvote 0
Well, I loaded up RLS 2.0 and it was all good. In the changelog it said they fixed "market" so maybe I had an old version of gapps or something that I was trying to flash.

It looks really nice and it's super smooth. It actually seems smoother than my Deck-Rom. (They both have the same Kernel)

I also like alot of the Sony apps that are included with it.

Oh, in case anyone is wondering I was able to flash this straight into Boot Manager with no problems. First boot takes a bit but after that it's quick.

Naters

Reactions: takirb
Upvote 0
Their page is really bugging out on me this AM, keeps crashing my browser. From the looks of it, not much of a change in RLS 3.0 from RLS 2.0, just setting them up to start nightlies. Unfortunately i couldn't make it to the actual download thread, maybe i'll try from my cell. Since Naters was able to get it working with Boot Manager, i'm thinking of purchasing BM and running this along with MIUI (been looking through the screen sharing thread on the main forum, makes me miss MIUI).

Upvote 0
im having problems making a nandroid when i try it says oops and to check recovery log so i try to transfer to sd to check it out but when i try, it starts and only two little dots appear then it says done but when when i go to check it out theres nothing in the log ive done this five times. i want to flash to my previous rom for a while but i dont want to if i cant backup.

Upvote 0
im having problems making a nandroid when i try it says oops and to check recovery log so i try to transfer to sd to check it out but when i try, it starts and only two little dots appear then it says done but when when i go to check it out theres nothing in the log ive done this five times. i want to flash to my previous rom for a while but i dont want to if i cant backup.

how much room do you have on your card? what are you backing up? nandriods can be pretty big. do you have a lot of them on your card? also are you moving the recovery log immediately right after? or are you rebooting then going back to recovery to move the log?

Upvote 0
Anyone still using this?

My icons turned into Santa hats and christmas tress last night. I thought that was pretty cool.

yeah the funny thing is xsmagical had no idea how it happened. it was some hidden theme. it was thought at first to be the launcher. it has happened also to me on my 3vo with this rom.

Reactions: i.have.droid
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones