• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] The Fourth (and Final?) Wave | Droid Incredible

adrynalyne

Android Expert
Jul 15, 2010
This is not unlike my previous “wave” series roms. Its just the stock 8/26 (official?) leak with tweaks.

Changes since Third Wave:

Pulled directly from RUU, deodexed, zipaligned, rooted and busyboxed (is that a word?)

Backup Assistant removal script removed—Moved BA and service to /data/app for easy uninstall.

3G Hotspot removal script removed –Moved 3G Hotspot to /data/app for easy uninstall.

Latest super user 2.3.4 from Chains DD.

New script added (but not made by me): fix_permissions. You can run this via adb or terminal emulator. Fix permissions will not work from ROM Manager with bash shell.

Nano text editor added.

custom kernel, stock speed, conservative governor set by default. SetCPU can return it back to on demand, if you wish. Kernel also supports wired tethering.

Basic file Manager add to /data/app/.

Latest flash added to /data/app/.

Spare Parts added to /data/app/.

QuickOffice added to /data/app/.

Pdf Viewer added to /data/app/.

chrometophone added to /data/app/.

Link: http://adrynalyne.us/files/roms/sw/fourth.zip

MD5: 681D591827F8F02AAB040AE5B2ADB232

I got the same error. I went ahead and let it boot...thinking it would just be a wiped version of the old ROM I had (second wave) and I could check/redownload the file. The MD5 does match.

I have the newest clockwork 2.5.0.5 and the 2.15 radio, and S-off.

But, It actually looks like it worked. At least as far as I can tell. The build # is 3.21.605.1 and so far, the few things I've tried have worked. The apps all seem to be there. I guess I'll go ahead and continue setting it up and see what happens. I always have my nandroid if it craps out, lol.

Edit: Just to update, I've been using it since I posted earlier with no issues. I guess even with the error, it still worked. Changed over to the King Kernel BFS#1 and installed the smooth icons with the transparent notification bar. I miss the stock sms, but I guess it was causing problems. My quadrant scores and Linpack scores are a bit higher than when I was using the Second Wave :) I noticed the flash works a lot better in this build, the phone will wait a few seconds and adjust to the flash before it takes a picture. So now things don't get washed out by the flash when you take a picture close. (I don't remember any other 2.2 builds doing this, but I could be wrong)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
wow my first error... blah...
E:no space left on device
E:error writing boot
E:failure at line 96

maybe I got the wrong md5.. how do I check it?

Adrynalyne has addressed this issue on his blog here. This is what he has to say:

"This apparently is needed for some of my ROMs, so I am providing it to you. It is installed via HBOOT, and requires s-off. MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP BEFORE FLASHING. You may need to restore it after."

Here is a direct link to the hboot .92 file, but I would go to the site instead.

Thanks again for the prompt response Adrynalyne.

Upvote 0
I got a quick question... what would be a reason I would need to run "fix permissions"? I have run all your roms and have searched but all I see is people asking why it wont work... what exactly does it do for me? I have never had a problem where I would have to fix permissions maybe?

It can help with force closes and such. Random things. Kind of like a chkdsk in windows. Nice to have but rarely needed :D

Reactions: Two_cents
Upvote 0
Just be careful with this hboot file.
I was coming from stock (s-off only) and the phone will not boot with this version.
Not a big deal if you have a micro sd reader on your pc but just to let people know you should have clockwork installed before using this.

on the plus side the rom just loaded up and now i get to play with it :)

thanks!!

Upvote 0
I tried to record a video earlier and I selected "720p". When I went back to check the settings, "720p" was no longer an option. It was totally gone. Does anyone know the fix for this?

Edit: Nevermind. It was because I selected "H.264" after selecting "720p". You have to keep it on "MPEG4" if you want "720p". I learned something new today. I don't mess with the camcorder too much. I was just trying to get some footage of my grandson.

Upvote 0
I installed this the other day and wow, its a lot better than the third wave. everything feels more responsive and its really snappy. I did re-download the kingkernel though so i could oc. I only have one issue and im sure this is an easy fix, backup assistant keeps force closing on me. Anyone know what to do?
I was getting the same thing and ran the Backup assistant zip located in the post of the 3rd wave. The force closes have quit since running that.

Upvote 0
I flashed this ROM and everything worked great except on the home screen it will not show my location and weather. I just see the time and it says "My Location" under the time. First I thought it was GPS not working. I opened Maps and it worked just fine. Locations is activated. I have found no obvious setting not checked. Is there a setting to be checked that I am overlooking? I have the exact same issue with Sky Raider 3RC3 as well.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones