• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][UNOFFICIAL] Lineage OS 14.1 for ZTE ZMAX PRO

I've tried to use this ROM a few times now, but there are still a lot of problems keeping this from being a good daily driver. The battery life using this ROM is insanely bad. I'll leave my phone at 50% at night and wake up to a dead battery. This, coupled with the camera issues (in which the suggested workarounds only slightly improve on) makes me return to stock every time.
I'm having the opposite experience from you.

Overnight I may lose about 4% battery on wifi. If I connect to my carrier data instead of wifi, I'll lose a little more. Battery for me has been better than stock.

As for camera, it was better on stock, but I'm able to take pictures, selfies, and videos without issue using footej camera.

Reactions: amandaandgene52
Upvote 0
I'm having the opposite experience from you.

Overnight I may lose about 4% battery on wifi. If I connect to my carrier data instead of wifi, I'll lose a little more. Battery for me has been better than stock.

As for camera, it was better on stock, but I'm able to take pictures, selfies, and videos without issue using footej camera.

Hmm. That's strange that I'd have the opposite experience on the same device. The only other factor that is specific to me and I didn't mention it before because it's probably not related to this mod is that my network has been turning off and then back on every minute or so. In my status bar my signal will disappear and say Emergency calls only for a few seconds before turning back on. This didn't occur on stock.

Upvote 0
Updated the flashlight quicksettings tile fix app for this rom (Lineage OS 14.1).

Changelog:
  • New code - fixed lag from previous version
  • Dark theme
  • New launcher icon & quicksettings toggle icons
  • Added an animated widget
Instructions:
  1. If you have the old version installed, uninstall it.
  2. Install new version and allow root permission.
  3. Enable the toggle in quicksettings. Make sure to use this apps' toggle instead of the stock one.
App Download:
https://github.com/GameTheory-/kenzo_flashlight/releases

Source Code:
https://github.com/GameTheory-/kenzo_flashlight

^ Updated to v3.1
  • Added an animated widget (button flicks up/down).
  • New light blue theme.

Last edited:
Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Thanks for your hard work! I flashed it without incident. I then flashed Magisk 18.1, Nanodroid, etc.

Working great. I'll report back with my battery results. Thanks!

**Follow up**

No problem with battery for me. It's doing great. Only thing busted is the wifi hotspot. I haven't tried to get it working because I'm in the process of moving 2 hours away.

Thanks again!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hello guys,
I have followed the instructions of how to root and install TWRP on my ZTE Zmax Pro and I have successfully done so. Then I installed the Lineage 14 ROM. I am unable to find any information regarding my issue. The sensors stopped working and they are not detected by neither Sensor Box nor Phone Tester (please see the attachments). Is there a way to fix this?

Thank you in advance for your time.

EDIT:
I forgot to mention that I have factory reset, clean cash, dalvic, data, flashed stock ROM still no go. My screen does not rotate and no compass.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190701-223305[1].png
    Screenshot_20190701-223305[1].png
    126.4 KB · Views: 287
  • Screenshot_20190701-223414[1].png
    Screenshot_20190701-223414[1].png
    256.6 KB · Views: 259
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hello guys,
I have followed the instructions of how to root and install TWRP on my ZTE Zmax Pro and I have successfully done so. Then I installed the Lineage 14 ROM. I am unable to find any information regarding my issue. The sensors stopped working and they are not detected by neither Sensor Box nor Phone Tester (please see the attachments). Is there a way to fix this?

Thank you in advance for your time.

EDIT:
I forgot to mention that I have factory reset, clean cash, dalvic, data, flashed stock ROM still no go. My screen does not rotate and no compass.

I have re-flashed the stock ROM and this time it worked. Too sad I cannot use the Lineage 14 ROM because of sensor issues.

Upvote 0
Well initially I had 3 small issues, all of which I easily fixed.

1. Video recording did not work.
Fixed this by installing Footej Camera

2. Sound volume was too low.
Fixed by installing the Viper4Android module in Magisk manager and adjusting some settings in V4A.

3. Now this one is a nitpick and not really an issue. Swipe up gesture to unlock the lockscreen required too long of a swipe. From near bottom to the top which is too uncomfortable on such a large screen.
Fixed by entering the following command in terminal emulator:
Code:
settings put global HIC_enable 0

After doing all of the above the rom is working flawlessly for me. However, your mileage may vary.

Could you please elaborate regarding how to install? Viper4android? I tried it through Magisk on the legacy version, and every single time it tried to install the driver through the app it gives me an error. The driver is not enabled so it won't work. How do I fix this?

Upvote 0
Could you please elaborate regarding how to install? Viper4android? I tried it through Magisk on the legacy version, and every single time it tried to install the driver through the app it gives me an error. The driver is not enabled so it won't work. How do I fix this?

I moved on from this device, so I don't remember much.

All I know is I installed Viper4Android FX(not legacy) through the magisk app. I also installed the audio compatibility patch module because I wasn't getting sound for some apps like whatsapp voice messages.
https://github.com/JohnFawkes/Audio-Compatibility-Patch

You don't need the audio compatibility patch in the latest version of Viper4Android FX.

Here's the official place to get modules. Some developers host their modules in their own github account.
https://github.com/Magisk-Modules-Repo

This is all I remember.

Upvote 0
Well, I installed the Viper4androidFX(not legacy) application, and it prompted me to install drivers and then reboot the phone. I then went into the Viper app, and it states that the driver is not enabled. I am in utter confusion and I would appreciate your help, even with your small memory, regarding this phone. What must I do to enable the driver? Anyone may respond.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones