• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM]Unofficial Slim Bean 3.1 PrimoC CDMA (09/01/2013 - Virgin Mobile USA Only)

Curtis1973

Android Expert
Jul 1, 2012
Greenville,SC USA
Slim Bean 3.1 PrimoC CDMA Final Virgin Mobile USA

banner.jpg

-Rom conversion from GSM to CDMA-

Original GSM version created by Llior can be located here along with build information,etc.. : [ROM] [4.1.2] [PrimoU] Unofficial Slim Bean

Updated 09/01/2013

Added 4.2 Keyboard

Cricket Mobile MMS Support Added To The New Messaging App

Updated SuperSU

HTC/Slim Bean Themed Boot Screen

Fix : Performance- System Tweaks Settings. Now Work.

DeskClock from AOKP 4.1.2

Lockscreen Mods : New Weather Icons,New HTC Lock Ring

Holo Launcher HD Updated

CM File Manager

Updated Play Store 4.2.X

HTC/Slim Bean Themed Wallpaper

New system font types including the deletion of foreign language fonts.

Updated Alarms,Notifications,Ringtones to slim them down with just a basic set

Updates to build.prop to reflect other changes

Removed Sim Kit

Removed Update Me

Removed Live Wallpapers

Themed Apps/Widgets:

Browser/Widget

Calendar

Contacts/Widget

Email with Exchange/Widget

Gmail/Widget

Settings Widget

Music/Widget

News and Weather/Widget

Custom 1 meg + Ad Blocking Hosts file with option to revert to stock Hosts file if wanted. To revert delete HOSTS file and rename hosts-restore file to Hosts and reboot. File is located in system/etc

Install:

1.Download Rom

2.Reboot to recovery and wipe cache,dalvik-cache factory reset and system if using twrp. Same goes for wipe in CWM.

3.Flash the rom

4.fastboot flash the boot.img

5.Reboot and enjoy.

Download Links:

Alternate Kernel for 4.1 roms by lilrob1213 HTC One V's running HBOOT 1.57 (Has minor bluetooth issues but nothing major enough for those on OTA'd devices to not use.) : https://docs.google.com/file/d/0By_o-NyPojUXandnYXZJajlTZ1U/edit?usp=sharing

Slim Bean Full Package : Dev-Host - Slim-Full.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

Music Goodies : Dev-Host - HTC One V Remixes.rar - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

Rom Bugs :

Soft reboot when connecting to usb storage via pc. Its a known Slim Bean 3.1 issue. Slim Bean doesn't like apps moved to sd card. After soft reboot you can continue to connect via usb and it will work. As long as no apps are moved to sd card,there will be no soft reboot. Looking for a possible work around..stay tuned.

If you are using a newer HBOOT/OTA'd HTC One V and have to use the custom kernel for the rom,blue tooth has minor issues revolving around using voice over blue tooth.

Apps safe to remove from Slim Bean

AppWidgetPickerActivity-release.apk
Browser.apk
Calculator.apk
CalendarGoogle.apk
CalendarProvider.apk
ChromeBookmarksSyncAdapter.apk
DeskClock.apk
DSPManager.apk
Email.apk
Exchange2.apk
FaceLock.apk
GenieWidget.apk
Gmail.apk
GoogleEars.apk
GoogleTTS.apk
LiveWallpapersPicker.apk
MediaUploader.apk
Music2.apk
Music.apk
PicasaSyncAdapter.apk
SpeechRecorder.apk
SpareParts.apk
Talk.apk
Torch.apk
Velvet.apk
VideoEditor.apk
VisualizationWallpapers.apk
VoiceDialer.apk
VoiceSearchStub.apk
FileManager.apk (CM File Manager)
Launcher.apk (Main Launcher,Only Uninstall Once You Have Installed A Replacement.)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credits: Llior for GSM Rom and Rukin for use of a few things from his AOKP build..

Too excited to read more, so your version is the CDMA, not Llior's right? I am holding my breath. BTW, huge thank you to you that keeps on digging out custom ROMs on XDA, I also found out that forum is, excuse me, kind of hostile sometimes.

I am now speaking for myself, I think flashing custom ROM is like a fetish or addictive. My HTC One V is doing perfectly fine. It skype, wifi connects, wifi tether, gps eye blinking fast and absolutely no reason for custom ROM, however, when someone publish some JB thing, or in this case, slimbean, I cant help but flash it, HA! I already has TWRP 2.2, something like that installed, waiting to try some new cROM.

TIA,

bun

Upvote 0
it is Llior's pure GSM converted to CDMA network. I am using it to type this,putting it through some test runs to make sure mms,gps,etc are all functioning. i dont use bluetooth that much but i see no issues with it,wifi,network,camera,video or anything else. i had to build a makeshift gapps because slimroms doesnt seem to have the 4.1.2 version and their 4.2.2 crashes like crazy as i suspected it would. standard gapps 4.1.2 is where im going to point people for that and provide my makeshift mini gapps if they dont want to download the standard gapps. mine is all of 8mb lol. i hope to get this up tonight but may be in the morning. total rom size 96 mb,then add in your gapps variant. runs really well.

Upvote 0
Rom uploaded. Check original post..and thank you to Llior for allowing the conversion. :smokingsomb::rock::car: you know..all that good stuff lol..later.

edit: to properly use the video in this..just use the 480p if other option gives you an issue. i didnt experience anything but you can never tell. i also erred on the side of caution and used a lower resolution for the camera also..anything below 5MP. although those may work also. i just didnt try them from previous rom experiences.

Upvote 0
Update..decided to go ahead and get this up.

1 New DPI Setting to eliminate overflow issue on lockscreen when using weather (you will notice the overflow in standard 240 DPI setting where custom carrier label is slightly cut off..) changing the dpi eliminates the overflow.

2. New snappy htc styled bootscreen.

3. Sony Sketch as default font type.

and a few other changes i cant recall off hand. check OP for new download.

:)

Upvote 0
Been testing a few apps from rukins aokp build for htc one v. and have found that a number are compatible with slim rom so i will be adding them. Mms,Email and anything else I see as useful. rukin has given me permission for the mms and I dont think he will mind use of a few other things. really nice guy and always open with sharing his work. will post soon.

Reactions: russellvone
Upvote 0
lilrob1213 has created a OTA fix kernel for 4.1 based roms. those who have been unlucky enough to be on the new updated setup can now use this rom. only issues reported by lilrob was that he was not able to test the bluetooth settings to be sure that worked correctly but everything else was running fine. kernel link added to OP

The ROM works perfect except bluetooth audio to headset (phone). Pairs fine. Tones fines. Just no voice.

Any ideas on a fix ???

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones