• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Warp 4G SuperROM v2.7 {updated 7/6/14}

@AkihiroKurokami Did you turn off the GravityBox status bar mods? If so, it looks like i am on the right path. The clock is white and the circle battery indicator with percentage is there.
Nah, I don't have "Statusbar tweaks > Statusbar colors" enabled.

edit: Yeah, that's correct, only the 4G is blue.

Is your signal indicator white? It is hard to tell in the screenshot. Thanks for your help.
Yup.

I had used "4G Switcher" to switch from "LTE/CDMA/EvDo" to "LTE/WCDMA" which did not let me see the signal bar, so I switched back to L/C/E to see if the signal indicator was white, and it is.

wow where have I been? the rom is looking pretty awesome. I can probably download and flash tonight.

I've always wiped dalvik cache after doing a wipe data/factory reset... is that even necessary? (Didn't see it in the instructions)

wow where have I been? the rom is looking pretty awesome. I can probably download and flash tonight.

I've always wiped dalvik cache after doing a wipe data/factory reset... is that even necessary? (Didn't see it in the instructions)

If you wipe data/factory reset from recovery, dalvik cache is wiped since it resides in the data partition. It is not necessary to do both.

Need another tester please. This is an attempt to make the 4G in the status bar white.

warplte_SystemUI_test_3.zip

Flash in cwm/philz. Same instructions as post #18 above. Thanks

It was a success. :D

fidrmzy.png

Need another tester please. This is an attempt to make the 4G in the status bar white.

warplte_SystemUI_test_3.zip

Flash in cwm/philz. Same instructions as post #18 above. Thanks
Sorry SuperR I fell asleep last night. The ROM installed fine but every time I try to flash warplte_SystemUI_test_3.zip or any of the SystemUI I get an error set_perm some changes failed E: Error in /storage/sdcard1/warplte_SystemUI_test_3.zip (status 7) installation aborted. Also when I try to install my backup it says
No files found
checking MD5 sums
Restoring/ boot
using raw mode
Erasing boot before restore
Restoring boot image
Restoring/System
Restoring System...
cannot mount system image

It finally recovered after a bunch of tries and I hope it Backed up system right everything is running alright right now.

Could it be a problem with the CWM?

Sorry SuperR I fell asleep last night. The ROM installed fine but every time I try to flash warplte_SystemUI_test_3.zip or any of the SystemUI I get an error set_perm some changes failed E: Error in /storage/sdcard1/warplte_SystemUI_test_3.zip (status 7) installation aborted.
Not sure why you are getting errors, but It is still flashing. If you have white status bar icons and the cirlce battery indicator the flash worked.
Also when I try to install my backup it says
No files found
checking MD5 sums
Restoring/ boot
using raw mode
Erasing boot before restore
Restoring boot image
Restoring/System
Restoring System...
cannot mount system image

It finally recovered after a bunch of tries and I hope it Backed up system right everything is running alright right now.

Could it be a problem with the CWM?
Sounds like you either have a corrupted backup, or CWM is not working properly. You can use nandroid manager to get your data from the corrupted backup after a fresh install.

We really need to get SuperR this phone. He's been relentless in helping people on this forum. Anyone interested in raising funds???

I found one on ebay for $55. I'm willing to put up half the cost.

ZTE Warp 4G LTE N9510 Boost Mobile Smartphone Android Black 8 0 MP WiFi B | eBay

Thank you for your generous offer. It would be way easier to work on this device if I had one. However, the pressure to produce results once people pay for something might be more than I wish to take on lol

Here is another go at the 4G icon. I also added 3G to this one. Please let me know how it goes :)

edit: removed link, newer vresion below

We really need to get SuperR this phone. He's been relentless in helping people on this forum. Anyone interested in raising funds???

I found one on ebay for $55. I'm willing to put up half the cost.

ZTE Warp 4G LTE N9510 Boost Mobile Smartphone Android Black 8 0 MP WiFi B | eBay
I wish I had the money right now to do the other half. The only thing I got I can donate right now is a dollar and some change. I can donate that but right now I just paid all my bills. I really appreciate every bit he has done for me to help me save my phone. Get a hold of me in pm and I can donate the money I have in my paypal to you to put with it and maybe others could donate as well. Thank you SuperR

I was thinking the same thing about how I could support SuperR. You and some of the other guys here helped me get my phone working properly again. All I have right now is some play store loot though :screwy:
Is there any apps on the play store i could buy to support?

I'll be flashing this rom asap. I never got a chance to try the first one lol.

I have a question that's been bugging me for a while...the photosphere option from the htc one and sg3 camera app won't appear on this phone after any type of installation method and it happens to d allot of phones too. The camera app and gallery work great on the phone. But that one option doesn't show up....is there any way to get it working? That would be dope :D

I was thinking the same thing about how I could support SuperR. You and some of the other guys here helped me get my phone working properly again. All I have right now is some play store loot though :screwy:
Is there any apps on the play store i could buy to support?
I appreciate the thoughts guys but the best possible way to support me is to test things and provide feedback. It is difficult to keep motivation when there are hours, and sometimes days between a change I make and getting feedback. Since I don't own this device I rely on all of you to tell me when something is good or bad. Many times I can't move on until I hear back. By then the momentum is lost and it is difficult to get back to it. This is not a complaint...only information :) It means a lot that you all want to help me, and now you know how :D
I'll be flashing this rom asap. I never got a chance to try the first one lol.
The first one wasn't that great anyway ;)
I have a question that's been bugging me for a while...the photosphere option from the htc one and sg3 camera app won't appear on this phone after any type of installation method and it happens to d allot of phones too. The camera app and gallery work great on the phone. But that one option doesn't show up....is there any way to get it working? That would be dope :D
I have not even looked into photosphere. Is it supposed to work on this device or are you trying to use a 3rd party app?

I appreciate the thoughts guys but the best possible way to support me is to test things and provide feedback. It is difficult to keep motivation when there are hours, and sometimes days between a change I make and getting feedback. Since I don't own this device I rely on all of you to tell me when something is good or bad. Many times I can't move on until I hear back. By then the momentum is lost and it is difficult to get back to it. This is not a complaint...only information :) It means a lot that you all want to help me, and now you know how :D

The first one wasn't that great anyway ;)

Ok gotcha :thumb: downloading and I will be checking it out :smokingsomb:

I have not even looked into photosphere. Is it supposed to work on this device or are you trying to use a 3rd party app?

I think this particular rom version keeps the photosphere option unavailable. I know the phone is photosphere capable because I use crystal photo surround which is one of the only apps that I know of that allow you to create entire photospheres..

Back
Top Bottom