• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Root is now Available

No. Kernel source is just that. Kernel source code. It does NOTHING to support unlocking a device or a recovery

:D:D:D:D:D
I purchased the Virgin Mobile version of this phone and it doesn't appear to work.

It goes through the Restore step successfully, reboots, then...

Going to copy files to it's place mount: permission denied <are you root?>

Then the message about closing out windows and such.

That's with using v11. Any suggestions?

I did this rooting method but nothing shows up in the Superuser app and I'm not getting any prompts from Superuser. Tried two versions of Superuser. I've rooted my phone, so how can I remove VM stock apps I don't want and make changes to my phone now? I made this thread.

If superuser isn't giving you prompts the phone isn't fully rooted.

Its either missing superuser binaries, busybox, or a properly setup superuser app.

There was nothing in the directions on installing BusyBox. I don't even know what that is, but I assume that should've installed when I rooted the phone using Bin4ary's zip? And what sort of setup is there for Superuser - I simply install and it does show any apps or do anything. SuperSU told me it had to update its binaries when I did fresh Google Play install and it claimed it was a success. I followed Bin4ary's directions, it did all the behaviors to show it was rooted and the root checker app tells me it's rooted.

When you start a root only application what happens?
I am very new to rooting, but I downloaded Titanium Backup and as far as I can tell, it works fine. It gives me a whole list of stuff in my phone that I can choose to backup and I successfully uninstalled Mobile ID, which I couldn't uninstall before I rooted.

No. The newer su binary/superuser apk does not work right with our phone. You have to use an older binary in order for prompts to work, but the newer apk seems to work fine.

Check out this link [GUIDE] Root your Kyocera Rise! - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

OK, but I already did that. That's not helpful. If I need a specific version of Superuser, can someone just send me a link for the apk? Because the Superuser and the SuperSU in the Google Play store are still giving me a blank apps list. And I went ahead and installed a BusyBox app from the Google Play store too, to make sure I had it.

OK, but I already did that. That's not helpful. If I need a specific version of Superuser, can someone just send me a link for the apk? Because the Superuser and the SuperSU in the Google Play store are still giving me a blank apps list. And I went ahead and installed a BusyBox app from the Google Play store too, to make sure I had it.

It's the version of the su binary that's important, not the version of superuser or supersu.

edit: either way, the link has both. an older version of the su binary and an older version of superuser

I purchased the Virgin Mobile version of this phone and it doesn't appear to work.

It goes through the Restore step successfully, reboots, then...

Going to copy files to it's place mount: permission denied <are you root?>

Then the message about closing out windows and such.

That's with using v11. Any suggestions?

Any luck yet with your rooting?
I'm having the same problem ("mount: permission denied (are you root?)") with my Karbonn A26.
If you found a solution, please share...

I have a question. What device are you using with jb installed?
The reason I asked is because, I am not aware of jb being installed on a rise
Sounds like a different Kyocera phone.
The root procedure is this thread doesn't work to frequently. V2 works better but the versions of busybox and su in v2 and v3 are old which causes conflicts with many apps. I tested this method throuhtly before determining it does not achieve the desired results. If you have a rise try this method... http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2307306 I am not trying to knock anyone else's work with the rise, I am just trying to have others avoid the hardship I had with it! Good luck!

I have a question. What device are you using with jb installed?
The reason I asked is because, I am not aware of jb being installed on a rise
Sounds like a different Kyocera phone.
The root procedure is this thread doesn't work to frequently. V2 works better but the versions of busybox and su in v2 and v3 are old which causes conflicts with many apps. I tested this method throuhtly before determining it does not achieve the desired results. If you have a rise try this method... http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2307306 I am not trying to knock anyone else's work with the rise, I am just trying to have others avoid the hardship I had with it! Good luck!

As mentioned in my previous post, I'm trying to root my "Karbonn A26" running on Android 4.1.1.
I know this post is all about Rise, but the problem we are facing seems to be the same.

I've tried a lot of things on it, but no success. Tried this one too and ended up with "error code 18: su binary was not written".

The su binary problem is caused by your system being set as read only. The system needs to be set to read-write. If I may make a suggestion, you should purchase root checker pro. The root checker basic is good but the information given to you from the pro version is so helpful. I suggest rootchecker pro then try rooting again. It will help you determine where the break point that is causing the root to fail. I suggest starting a thread specific to you device issue. There are all of people in the forum who can help.

The su binary problem is caused by your system being set as read only. The system needs to be set to read-write. If I may make a suggestion, you should purchase root checker pro. The root checker basic is good but the information given to you from the pro version is so helpful. I suggest rootchecker pro then try rooting again. It will help you determine where the break point that is causing the root to fail. I suggest starting a thread specific to you device issue. There are all of people in the forum who can help.

Root Access is not properly configured or was not granted.

Super User Applications Status:
Superuser application - is NOT installed.
SuperSU application - is NOT installed.

System File Properties for Root Access:
Standard Location
Check Command: ls -l /system/bin/su:
Result: /system/bin/su: No such file or directory
Analysis: File /system/bin/su does not exist.

Standard Location
Check Command: ls -l /system/xbin/su:
Result: /system/xbin/su: No such file or directory
Analysis: File /system/xbin/su does not exist.

Alternative Location
Check Command: ls -l /sbin/su:
Result: /sbin/su: Permission denied
Analysis: File system permissions restricted and denied access.

Alternative Location
Check Command: ls -l /system/xbin/sudo:
Result: /system/xbin/sudo: No such file or directory
Analysis: File /system/xbin/sudo does not exist.

Root User ID and Group ID Status:
SU binary not found or not operating properly

System Environment PATH: /sbin /vendor/bin /system/sbin /system/bin /system/xbin

ADB Shell Default User:
ADB shell setting for standard access, stored in default.prop, is configured as: shell (non root) user - ro.secure=1

Results provided on your Karbonn A26 device by Root Checker Pro version 1.3.3 from joeykrim in the Android Market - http://goo.gl/NcnHn

Opened a new thread here:
[Q] Rooting Karbonn A26 (4.1.1)

Wow simply go to my root no pc thread way easier than forementioned

As I already memtioned, your Poot method ends with error code 18 (if that's what you're talking about, if not please provide the link :confused: )

I'm afraid I've tried it all and started a thread about it here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=44135087
:(

Back
Top Bottom