• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Root Lg Volt 2 No computer

Hey yall so i bought the lg volt 2 at the start of march and ive always wanted to root my old phone(htc evo v 3d) but never did so i started reading up on how to root my lg. I read and watched a video on the kingroot app and installed it myself. First thing i camt read mandrin or whatever language the app was in so i went right to super su. Wrong thing to do. I installed it and it asked for me to reboot my phone so i did and what do u know the phone was in boot loop i tried to fix the problem myself by finding a lg flash tool and firmware and lg driver updates for my computer which runs windows 10 home. Now with that being said i dont think the flash tool was compatable with windows 10 because it wouldnt come up with my phone so i ended up having to send my phone in to LG and have my phone reflashed a d sent back. I just got it back yesterday and i wont be using the super sume app whatsoever and i write this to warn people root a device that isnt gona break ur pocket if you brick it out thankfully mine was still under manufacture warranty and they fixed the issue fast

Just wanted to chime in here on this, I have through Boost mobile the LG Volt 2/LS751, tried several ways to root it with no luck. I found this tutorial over here, it's an Auto-Uninstall script for Kingroot, after you have installed it. This will uninstall Kingroot for you and do what needs to be done.

I read a lot of bad things about Kingroot, about how it may sneakily install or change stuff on your phone and put spyware type stuff on it, but the Kingroot guy who made it says no. So, who knows. All I know is I have $80 worth of Root-Only apps that I could not use, and this was the only root method that worked for me.

I tried all the medthods over at xda that were listed, no luck. Well this Kingroot worked. I googled kingroot and it took me right to their direct-site, I got the Kingroot apk from there, installed it, then ran the Script at this site:

How to Remove/Replace Kingroot (KingUser) with SuperSu:
http://www.w0lfdroid.com/2015/05/How-to-Remove-Replace-KingUser-KingRoot-with-SuperSU.html

I had a bunch of errors, but it worked, then I uninstalled it, and updated the supersu file, then actually bought the pro version after all that.

My phone is rooted and running fine. I dont know if everything is correct or was done fully or correctly, but I am rooted and all seems fine, no issues at all on the phone.

Not an extremely thorough walk thru, I actually left the folder that I copied into my phone there, it's still there, not sure if I was supposed to delete it afterwards, it didnt say. (a folder called: mrw)

Anyway, thought I would share this.
Tried it myself and worked perfectly, thanks.

Tried it myself and worked perfectly, thanks.
I have a question fot you an ask for help, i tryed to delete my itson files i did make backups but im trying to find there original location and the permissions of said files, my phone is now where the itson apps have to be installed as a user app to work, if i factory reset i lose the apps and the data along with it till its reinstalled the apps i have are com.itsoninc.android and com.birdstep.android, help on this would be appreciated thanks in advance.

Hello so I just successfully rooted the boost mobile Lg Volt 2 running 5.1.1. I didn't need a computer and is very simple. I have only tested on my phone so I am not responsible for any bricked devices. Use at your own risk.

1. I googled kingroot.apk and clicked the firrootst link which was androidxda website. Scroll down and download the latest version of kingroot apk.

2. Install the apk like any other apk. After installation swipe up. Swipe up again to get through the messages from kingroot. You will then come to a screen that says no root there is a root way found try it.

3. Press the center button to root and let it do its tthing. Will be a circle with a percentage let this work. After its done it should say success. No with this app the app is the root admin like supersu. So you grant apps root via this app also. You can convert to super su.

4. To convert to supersu google and download app called super su me. Download and install. After install it will ask to grant super user permisson allow it. Then press the blue button in the middle. It will then remove all kingroot files and install supersu. After its done open supersu it will ask to update binary press okay and then press normal. It will take a few minutes but after will be succesfull. Reboot your device and voila root for the new lg volt 2 Very simple.

I see some people have had boot loop issues with this route. Please those with bootloop issues did you use the supersu-me.apk?
If so those who did not have bootloop issues did you keep kingroot-su or did you switch to supersu-me as well. There might be a issue with supersu-me scripts with the volt 2 I don't know yet. Please reply or comment letting me know thank you.

None of the Kingroots have worked for me. Always comes back as "No Strategy". I might very well try OEM Unlock via ADB

Guys, please give me advice. I have bought few days ago LG volt 2. I can not root it. I tried 3 programs: King root, Stump root and Iroot. But it does not help. Only Stump root says me "Device is patched, sorry". Iroot says 'Root failed". What does that mean, how to resolve this problem?

Hello so I just successfully rooted the boost mobile Lg Volt 2 running 5.1.1. I didn't need a computer and is very simple. I have only tested on my phone so I am not responsible for any bricked devices. Use at your own risk.

Guys, please give me advice. I have bought few days ago LG volt 2. I can not root it. I tried 3 programs: King root, Stump root and Iroot. But it does not help. Only Stump root says me "Device is patched, sorry". Iroot says 'Root failed". What does that mean, how to resolve this problem?

I got you, follow what i left under your post, like always, there's a risk so enter the root realm at your own risk.... Just did mine about 1 week ago, so its good on the 5.1.1. :)

Last edited:
Anatolii, how'd it go my friend, did you try it? I was going bananas trying to root mine, then bam!!! Got it, I hope all is well with you.. B)

Back
Top Bottom