• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Root my dna

I got my DNA a little less than a month ago I've had multiple droids my last one was galaxy nexus which I kind of miss in some ways however I chose this over the Note 2 it was a third of the price and I am not exactly into HUGE screens though I prefer a good sliding phone like the droid 4 they just don't seem to want to make them anymore so here I am.

I am on 2.06 rooted via moonshine was not overly difficult. I'm a fairly simple person however I wanted togget rid of bloatware and have access to my CPU and GPU. Now the biggest thing that is bothering me is how blah sense is to my nexus just the colors alone are so bland

I downloaded Rom toolbox even got the pro version for the simple fact I could change the toolbar icons and colors then I find out I have to have DeoDexed Rom. I'm not really wanting to go through the process of flashing as it seems like a lot of work and I'm lazy as well as I can't find a straight forward lemens guide as to how to do it or which Rom would be best from my understanding all the roms seems to have a little glitch here and there be it BT or camera issues I do not want to deal with ANY issues.

So basically is there any way to change my toolbar without using a custom Rom or going through the drawn out process of deodexing my currect Rom does anyone support the alteration of this in a basic stock Rom?

Thanks for any help in advance I have had custom roms on my droid 3, droidX and X2 but it seems so much work on the DNA than those devices and I'm not sure it is even something I want to deal with I'm just looking for simple customization of my toolbar icons :/

This is why you should always take advantage of tools/exploits while you can. Never wait until after an update,as the exploits are very often patched. Looks like you are stuck for now.

If 2.06 and 2.07 use the same hboot,you can alter the main version and flash 2.06 firmware if a means of temp root exists. If this is possible,I'm sure a guide will pop up.

What i would do is hop on moonshines irc support channel,or check the xda thread and see if they are planning to add 2.07 support.

Looks like you'll just need to wait for moonshine support,a new tool,or a downgrade process :(

Reactions: ohyaknow76
Upvote 0
I had an S3 root. But I broke the screen. I thought this would be a good phone to have Root with quad core and all. But now disappointed
well,you can thank big red for having to find a hack and run a tool. htc allows their bootloaders to be unlocked and allow access to boot,system and recovery,except when carriers request that their branded devices not be. :mad:

Any new ideas

nope. you do not need any new ideas... moonshine will work with 2.07

if you ran the tool on windows and got stuck at:

waiting for fastboot:

and just kept getting more dots,then prollem is not your OTA,the prollem is windows.

ive done a couple of dnas for friends and never gotten the tool to work on windows. some have claimed turning off all antivirus/firewalls have allowed it to work,but your best chance for success is to create a bootable ubuntu cd or find a friend with a permant linux install and run the tool with that. it will run right thru on linux :)

windows is far from an optimal OS to work with "delicate" phone communications,especially if running win 8 and/or usb 3.0. it requires finicky device drivers and is espeically prone to other programs(like an antivirus) interfering with its comunications.

Reactions: ohyaknow76
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones