• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root root my epic

I found this the easiest way

I did the ext4 one and installed midnight rom and it was awesome - but you can just do the RFS or EXT4 one and be running 2.2 EB13 rooted

the EXT4 is nice and if you want a stock phone thats faster then stock but still looks stock still has the touchwiz interface and all do the EXT4 method using odin
 
I found this the easiest way

I did the ext4 one and installed midnight rom and it was awesome - but you can just do the RFS or EXT4 one and be running 2.2 EB13 rooted

the EXT4 is nice and if you want a stock phone thats faster then stock but still looks stock still has the touchwiz interface and all do the EXT4 method using odin

Yup. If you choose to go EXT4, then you better have an EXT4 compatible ROM to flash right after you root. Read this as: Before rebooting your phone after the one-click root method.

A few ROMs I can suggest are midNight and SyndicateROM Frozen (I'm currently running SRF), both EXT4 compatible.

Don't just jump into this. Take the time to read, read, read some more...ponder, marinate...read some more. If you just one-click and go, you're just asking for a world of hurt, IMO.

Your best bet is to flash EB13 first, then root, flash a ROM and you're good to go. Thankfully, you don't have a bunch of stuff on your phone you want to keep, so even if you screw up, it won't be like you lost anything.
 
Yup. If you choose to go EXT4, then you better have an EXT4 compatible ROM to flash right after you root. Read this as: Before rebooting your phone after the one-click root method.

A few ROMs I can suggest are midNight and SyndicateROM Frozen (I'm currently running SRF), both EXT4 compatible.

Don't just jump into this. Take the time to read, read, read some more...ponder, marinate...read some more. If you just one-click and go, you're just asking for a world of hurt, IMO.

Your best bet is to flash EB13 first, then root, flash a ROM and you're good to go. Thankfully, you don't have a bunch of stuff on your phone you want to keep, so even if you screw up, it won't be like you lost anything.

not true, you dont need to flash a rom after the odin EXT4 conversion

I did the EXT4 conversion and was on the stock rom rooted

then I installed the midnight rom the next day

you can just odin the way I did and be rooted with EXT4 and a stock rom
 
Well i would look up either midnight rom, i personally use this one, or syndicate rom frozen. Both devs are very active and support them very well. I have tried both but just prefer midnight rom.
 
Back
Top Bottom