• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root root next step

dcooterfrog

OK I got my strat tonight. and I never realized how much stuff needed root.
so I am pretty sure I can follow the guide you posted but I was wondering ... should I wait for you to alter the kernel. I don't want to be a jerk and ask for an eta, but would waiting a week be long enough, or should I just do it the hard way.

second question will I want to reinstall then kernel when you have a new one.

OK I got my strat tonight. and I never realized how much stuff needed root.
so I am pretty sure I can follow the guide you posted but I was wondering ... should I wait for you to alter the kernel. I don't want to be a jerk and ask for an eta, but would waiting a week be long enough, or should I just do it the hard way.

second question will I want to reinstall then kernel when you have a new one.

Not a problem. I am still working out the kinks as we speak. After you root, you can flash the stock kernel back if you wish, but it probably won't change anything at all if you do vs. keeping the insecure one.

umm that's not what i meant.
you said you were going to incoproate more in the 'krenal/root' should I re flash your newer root method etc, or is it a waster of time.

If you go ahead and flash the rooted kernel right now, you'll probably be safe if you want to flash something he comes up with at a later date. The kernel is not something you're likely to make any changes to.

Back