• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROOT] One-click root for LG Connect 4G :: 3/3/2012

have you guys tried teh newer lg roots by jcase? or the lg spirit root? framaroot?

I believe I tried those already, including the newest LG tool for the L9 :(

One thing I just thought of: When you try to root VV5, it comes up with a ton of remount errors, also saying teh folders and files that the script is trying to inject already exist, and permissions are locked on those folders.

But, I also didn't do a factory reset after every root fail, so maybe by not doing that I missed a kit that would have worked. Maybe.

I do recall using motochopper as well, and this outcome was different, as it managed to push SU to the phone when rest of them didn't. SU was acting a bit crazy too.... Its a start I guess. Not much going on today, maybe I'll try this again.

Edit: also tried spoofing a temp modification to some folders through ADB, that works on some phones, no luck. Also found that one click root apps were patched by Google when GB was released.

Upvote 0
Hey shabby would the root process for the LG Motion have a chance of working on GB? It seems a bit more involved than most root kits... Also, I took a look at Spirited Away package and see that it is not on my PC anywhere (I never throw anything away LOL) So I guess I will give that a try also. But, aren't Spirit and Motion same software-wise?

Anyway, my Connect is dead ATM guys. It's gonna take some time to charge up this sherman tank of a battery so I'll report back in a few hours.

Reactions: zandersig
Upvote 0
What's your software look under about phone then scroll down look under sw version what are the last 3 symbols its either ZVx or VVx

I followed the instructions and the rooting must be out of date as I receive the following messages.
I have:
LG Connect, Model LG-MS840, Android version 2.3.6, Kernel version 2.6.35.11-perf lge@android-build#1, Build # GRK39F, SW Version MS840WS, HW version Rev 1.0
[*]
[*] LG Spectrum Root Exploit (Windows version)
[*] by Dan Rosenberg (@djrbliss)
[*]
[*] Before continuing, ensure USB debugging is enabled, that you
[*] have the latest LG drivers installed, and that your tablet
[*] is connected via USB.
[*]
[*] Press enter to root your phone...
Press any key to continue . . .
[*]
[*] Waiting for device...
* daemon not running. starting it now *
* daemon started successfully *
[*] Device found.
link failed File exists
[*] Rebooting device...
[*] Waiting for device to reboot...
cannot create /data/local.prop: permission denied
[*] Rebooting device again...
[*] Waiting for device to reboot...
[*] Attemping persistence...
remount failed: Operation not permitted
failed to copy 'su' to '/system/bin/su': Read-only file system
Unable to chmod /system/bin/su: No such file or directory
link failed Read-only file system
failed to copy 'busybox' to '/system/xbin/busybox': Read-only file system
Unable to chmod /system/xbin/busybox: Read-only file system
--install: applet not found
failed to copy 'Superuser.apk' to '/system/app/Superuser.apk': Read-only file sy
stem
[*] Cleaning up...
rm failed for /data/local.prop, No such file or directory
rm failed for /data/gpscfg/gps_env.conf, Permission denied
Unable to chmod /data/: Operation not permitted
[*] Rebooting...
[*] Exploit complete!
[*] Press any key to exit.
Press any key to continue . . .

Any update would be appreciated!

Ken

Upvote 0
I'm doing everything possible to root my LG on my Mac and always ends up with an error message going "No such file or directory". Needs to be fixed or actually put a damn tutorial for people who have macs. Otherwise a waste of damn time.

You need to read through this forum more closely. You're coming up with that damn error because you're running either VV4 or VV5 firmware, and using the wrong damn root kit.

You need to use THIS ROOT KIT HERE ---> http://androidforums.com/connect-4g-all-things-root/742218-connect-dots-root-vv5.html

If you still receive the "no such file or directory" error using Connect-the-dots package, you MUST perform a factory reset before you can root it, be sure to backup any data you want to keep, cuz you're gonna lose it. After factory reset, run C-T-D once more, you should be rooted after that. If it still fails, it may be a Macintosh related issue and I can't help there. You'll have to use a PC to root.

You're welcome.

Upvote 0
You need to read through this forum more closely. You're coming up with that damn error because you're running either VV4 or VV5 firmware, and using the wrong damn root kit.

You need to use THIS ROOT KIT HERE ---> http://androidforums.com/connect-4g-all-things-root/742218-connect-dots-root-vv5.html

If you still receive the "no such file or directory" error using Connect-the-dots package, you MUST perform a factory reset before you can root it, be sure to backup any data you want to keep, cuz you're gonna lose it. After factory reset, run C-T-D once more, you should be rooted after that. If it still fails, it may be a Macintosh related issue and I can't help there. You'll have to use a PC to root.

You're welcome.

Nice! =)

Upvote 0
Thanks to all involved in making this software, instructions and support available!

(Wary of rooting my Galaxy S4 just yet, (although eager to get started) so using my spare LG Connect as a first time rooting experience)

This could be helpful to future readers if they encounter similar snags, so, briefly, here's how it went, including hurdles and solutions...

1) Executed the "LG Spectrum USB drivers" file on my pc (Windows 8.1)

2) Opened the "run.bat" file from the root folder

3) Clicking "Press any key to continue" leads to the aforementioned "Waiting for Device"/"No deamon running"/"Starting deamon" responses

4) Open Device Manager, and see that I must manually update the driver for "Portable Devices" with the recently installed universal lg driver.
'Update driver', followed by 'browse my computer', then 'let me pick from a list...', then "have disk" then "browse", then finally into the "LG VZW United Driver" folder and selection of "lgandadb.inf".

5) So drivers are updated, I try the run.bat file again but it still hangs on "Waiting for Device"...until, Eureka!, selecting "Internet Connection" instead of the previously assumed "Mass Storage" option in the Connect's USB connection mode screen did the trick.

6) After all that, the rooting process was fast and easy - thanks again!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones